Last visit was: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:38 pm It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:38 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 1726
Current ride: 99 cyclone m2
Location: Liverpool
Have you removed the other front one, that'll tell you the depth if you can get it out. Other than that not sure sorry.

_________________
Buells are for life....


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm
Posts: 2206
Current ride: Buell ulysses
Location: Telford
or just measure the length of thread on the new stud once arrived fom HD .

_________________
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08
CCM R30 (650cc) 02
Norton Dominators ( in bits on going projects ) old


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:32 pm
Posts: 382
Current ride: Buell X1 2001
Anyone know the part numbers for :

exhaust gasket
studs
nuts (not being rude!)

Will attempt this weekend......

Cheers in advance....

Badger

_________________
Buell X1 lightning 2001 (I got her back up and running as well!) & Santa Cruz Blur (too fat to ride) :roll:


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:18 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 8118
Location: Manchester
Yes.....and don't forget retaining rings :roll:

_________________
Mithered ta death.
92 MB
96 S2T
98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:15 pm
Posts: 5
Current ride: Deauville
When Steve fell off his xb1 the remus exhaust got slightly out of shape busted the stud..he had it taken out and helicoiled for a new bolt not stud..this has since vibrated out a no of times..since the bike is now up for sale..should I and the new owner this could happen a number of times with vibration??


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 792
Current ride: 1125r XB12X
Location: South
Tone54 wrote:
When Steve fell off his xb1 the remus exhaust got slightly out of shape busted the stud..he had it taken out and helicoiled for a new bolt not stud..this has since vibrated out a no of times..since the bike is now up for sale..should I and the new owner this could happen a number of times with vibration??



Used to have bolts on my old shovels, always vibrating out and bouncing down the street. Studs were an upgrade... in 1993!

Whoever put a bolt in there needs to stop working on Buells.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:15 pm
Posts: 5
Current ride: Deauville
Steve needed the bike for getting to work. Did suggest he loosened the whole system put a stud back in with some form of locking compound the tightened it all back up..might as well talk to a damn wall :!!!


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 792
Current ride: 1125r XB12X
Location: South
Tone54 wrote:
Steve needed the bike for getting to work. Did suggest he loosened the whole system put a stud back in with some form of locking compound the tightened it all back up..might as well talk to a damn wall :!!!



I have a mate like that lOl


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:32 pm
Posts: 382
Current ride: Buell X1 2001
Kiwi wrote:
Tone54 wrote:
When Steve fell off his xb1 the remus exhaust got slightly out of shape busted the stud..he had it taken out and helicoiled for a new bolt not stud..this has since vibrated out a no of times..since the bike is now up for sale..should I and the new owner this could happen a number of times with vibration??



Used to have bolts on my old shovels, always vibrating out and bouncing down the street. Studs were an upgrade... in 1993!

Whoever put a bolt in there needs to stop working on Buells.


Bolts are probably a good get me home fix , but not longterm!

_________________
Buell X1 lightning 2001 (I got her back up and running as well!) & Santa Cruz Blur (too fat to ride) :roll:


Top
   
 
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited