It is currently 25 Apr 2024 07:22

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: ecmdroid tutorials
PostPosted: 05 May 2015 11:53 

Current ride: buel xb12r
Hi just got my bluetooth dongle from a member and it works fine on my note 2 but was after more info on software not to sure how to log and then see data and then understand it and make changes if needed.
The only reason I've got one is on start up it struggled to idle then on two occasions running it it was cutting out like a rev limit above 3500 rpm then it cleared ok.
had plugs out after run they are indicating a good burn brown in colour.so far with ecmdroid I think I reset tps and reset adv from 107. 7 to 100 and after a 50 mile run its set its self at 97.7 percent.
It ran fine but did this rev limiter cutting out above 3.5k again for the first mile and I had to lower the idle as the bike got warmer.ive got no fault codes up I'm new to the bike i purchased it of a guy who had not used it for three years properly and I'm trying to but this cold start up is a pain in the bum.[url][/url]
The only thing I've touched apart from oil changes is new plug leads and had the exhaust off to coat it.
Any ideas would be great or is this what to expect from a buell.
oh on another time on start up it would rev 1k to 2k ok then from 2k to 3.5k go like mad like to quick like a turbo kicking in.if there's anybody near by I'm happy to bring it over for opinions.
And on ecmdroid when throttle is shut it's displaying tps 4.6A
and when fully open 85.0A on the live data is this correct also.

Post subject: Re: ecmdroid tutorials
PostPosted: 05 May 2015 12:57 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
First thing make sure that all connections are good ie battery and earth connections because all the sensors can only feedback correct signals if they start off with correct voltages. Have you done a TPS reset? if not do one as this is the base figure for the ecu as far as fuelling is concerned. Also another fairly common issue is intake seals leaking and the best way of checking those is to spray the area of the seals with wd40 while the engine is ticking over if the speed changes everytime you spray them it shows you are sucking air in at the seals.

PostPosted: 05 May 2015 18:08 

Already done earth conections etc.
so tonight put ecmdroid on connected live data wound idle screw till I had 0 degrees on tps display hit tps reset then wound in to 4.9. Started bike had to wind up to 6 for tickover warming up is that correct.so far.
Bike did seem to rev ok from tickover a little bit of popping from exhaust.

PostPosted: 05 May 2015 19:24 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Not sure you have doe the TPS correctly. Have a look in the How To section.

PostPosted: 05 May 2015 19:27 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
When you do the tps reset ignore what the reading is , what you need to do is turn the idle screw out until it no longer affects the throttle plate then turn the throttle to make sure the butterfly is totally closed THEN you press the reset tps. You are telling the ecu that the throttle plate is closed totally so it knows to use that reading as it's base point. After resetting then use the idle screw to get the correct idle.

PostPosted: 05 May 2015 19:28 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
:yt:

PostPosted: 05 May 2015 19:45 

That sounds like what I've done tonight but left ecmdroid on live data also I could feel the butterfly sticking I left it on live data just to see what it was reading then I reset the tps then wound it to 4.9 tps degrees but it was wound to 6 tps for correct idle still need to ride to see if it's made a difference to windy at mo.

PostPosted: 06 May 2015 08:42 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
captbarb wrote:
That sounds like what I've done tonight but left ecmdroid on live data also I could feel the butterfly sticking I left it on live data just to see what it was reading then I reset the tps then wound it to 4.9 tps degrees but it was wound to 6 tps for correct idle still need to ride to see if it's made a difference to windy at mo.

after resetting TPS datum 0 , the 4.9 or 6 degrees is ONLY a base setting to start the bike , and ONCE warmed up the idle speed can then be set

Attachments:
tps.gif
tps.gif [ 152.62 KiB | Viewed 754 times ]

PostPosted: 06 May 2015 23:11 

Thanks i think I've done it correct put new plugs in and a new battery tonight it was making a cluttering starter noise but not started and rode yet owner don't want to ge wet.
maybe tomorrow if weather improves.

PostPosted: 13 May 2015 17:41 

Ran it on the weekend idle is now good from tickover and when hot all sorted still wouldn't mind viewing the mixture Settings but not up to that yet.