It is currently 28 Mar 2024 21:44

All times are UTC

Post subject: X1 re map
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017 14:24 
Probably getting ahead of myself as there are more pressing issues to be addressed, firstly the oil pump drive gear but I'm curious on the remapping subject. I was looking at the Buelltooth dongle thingie and they state that maps are freely available. I doubt I'd be getting into messing around with it myself but when the time comes is this best route over swapping for a race ECM ? And is it a waste of time if you don't have a full race exhaust?

Mark

Post subject: Re: X1 re map
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017 16:54 

Current ride: 1999 X1
The stock map can cause the bike to run a little hot at certain rpms and loads because of how it was programmed for emissions reasons. Where I live, in Texas, that was a concern because it's 40+C for 6 months and 35C for another 3 months. Almost December now and it's nearly 30C right now. So it isn't a waste of time to richen it up a bit where needed if you know what you are doing. Obviously a better exhaust, or at least a slip-on muffler, and a better intake will be more satisfying.

The race ECM map was created for the Pro-Thunder race series in the USA. The map was optimised for the full race exhuast, K&N filter and Screaming Eagle 536 cams. The race series was horsepower limited to 95 RWHP and this simple combination of parts achieved that goal.

The race ECM is exactly the same hardware as the stock ECM, the only difference being the map. So reprogramming is all that's needed. No need to source a "RACE ONLY" ECM, unless you just don't want to bother with downloading and installing a map. But you still need to reset your TPS.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2017 11:52 

Current ride: Buell X1 2001
x1glider wrote:
The stock map can cause the bike to run a little hot at certain rpms and loads because of how it was programmed for emissions reasons. Where I live, in Texas, that was a concern because it's 40+C for 6 months and 35C for another 3 months. Almost December now and it's nearly 30C right now. So it isn't a waste of time to richen it up a bit where needed if you know what you are doing. Obviously a better exhaust, or at least a slip-on muffler, and a better intake will be more satisfying.

The race ECM map was created for the Pro-Thunder race series in the USA. The map was optimised for the full race exhuast, K&N filter and Screaming Eagle 536 cams. The race series was horsepower limited to 95 RWHP and this simple combination of parts achieved that goal.

The race ECM is exactly the same hardware as the stock ECM, the only difference being the map. So reprogramming is all that's needed. No need to source a "RACE ONLY" ECM, unless you just don't want to bother with downloading and installing a map. But you still need to reset your TPS.

Will upload the map if there is somewhere to upload it to? Think its called BUEKA210

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2017 12:52 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
The best use of the USB dongle is that if you have an android phone you have instant diagnostics in your pocket if you have any problems. ;)

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2017 19:52 

Current ride: Buell X1 2001
kevmean wrote:
The best use of the USB dongle is that if you have an android phone you have instant diagnostics in your pocket if you have any problems. ;)

Where do you buy this magical addition?

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2017 21:46 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
Babybadger wrote:
kevmean wrote:

Where do you buy this magical addition?

I made my own Bluetooth dongle using Pash's instructions on here or you can buy them , ecmdroid is the free app for your phone. You can read all fault codes do tps resets etc and live tests all from your phone , and also log the bike running.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2017 23:26 
Babybadger wrote:
kevmean wrote:

Where do you buy this magical addition?[/quote

If you don't fancy making your own have a look on eBay for Buelltooth, I've just bought one for my X1 but as yet haven't had a chance to use it.

Mark