It is currently 20 Apr 2024 15:44

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: 1125r Alloy case sliders
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2018 10:48 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Hi folks,

Further to the switch set I'm in the process of making some case sliders.

These are made of soft alloy so will be destroyed if you slide as they stop your casing being destroyed instead.

I've got a set in mine and I dropped one onto my garage concrete floor whilst trying to fit it & got a dink in it, so these will mark easily, but that's exactly what they should do as they are not for show, although look a damn sight better than standard in my eyes..

I've got the clutch side made (see pic) & in the process of making the stator side which will look the same.

Anyone wants them, £20 to club funds & I'll send them free as a further donation.

The stator side should be made by Friday as I'm off over to see my father in law today.

If there is demand I will make further sets, but they take a day to make one side including hacksawing the blank from a 50mm bar as I'm a lazy F****r.

These are also incredibly fiddly to fit with the seal as anyone who has had their standard one off will know, so persevere & be careful not to drop one like I did.

All the best Paul.

Attachments:
Case slider 4.jpg
Case slider 4.jpg [ 571.76 KiB | Viewed 951 times ]
Case slider 0.jpg
Case slider 0.jpg [ 368.82 KiB | Viewed 951 times ]

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2018 11:22 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Obviously as most 1125 owners will know, these are mainly for looks, if you slide your 1125r the underside of the casings hits first.

Just a little un-proven science theory again, sorry guys.

I made them out of soft alloy as this does not transfer the impact onto the casing like Aircraft grade alloys will do. Hence if this bit hits the road it will take the impact force better.
Which like I said is unlikely, your casing will still be destroyed underneath anyway.
Not doing a great job of selling these am I ha ha.