It is currently 16 Apr 2024 11:27

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2018 00:21 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Hi Folks,
Can anyone tune my ECU to run with my Remus exhaust please? I am willing to pay for this service. Pm me if you can do this with cost ok.
All the best Paul

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2018 00:35 
Site Admin

Your ECM will pretty much tune itself to suit the exhaust.....that's what the O2 sensors are there for :)
Once the muffler is fitted just ride and enjoy (even though the Remus is shite!) and keep an eye on the AFV for both cylinders.

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2018 08:37 

Thanks Maz.
Really on both counts?
Do you mean shite as opposed to standard or shite as opposed to others on the market? Or worst of all Just shite? I'm guilty of buying what I can afford as opposed to what I would prefer.
All the best Paul.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2018 16:51 
Resident Bender

Current ride: EBR 1190RX
Ooh, don't let those over the pond hear that, some of them seem convinced the engine will self destruct within seconds of starting it without the correct tune.

Ebr 1190rx
Bimota Db7
Norton v4rr??

http://www.aph-performance-engineering.com

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2018 00:43 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
albert666 wrote:
Ooh, don't let those over the pond hear that, some of them seem convinced the engine will self destruct within seconds of starting it without the correct tune.

Some of those over the pond are very strange people in lots of ways Alan not just in thinking the engine will self destruct lOl lOl I think I should be UKBeg special envoy , the yanks seem to enjoy my input lOl

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018 01:36 

So ok guys,

Back to the Remus exhaust,
I now have it in my possession & have looked at how the collector box works internally & the operation of separate decibel silencer, I don't know if anyone has used one of these, but I think this design is really excellent essentially the same as any exhaust, get the gas out more efficiently.
I'm sure the gas could get out quicker but I know just from looking at the design it will boost torque & decrease back pressure immensely allowing freer running, hence reducing heat.
But of my 45 years of bike riding, I have always been pretty hot with Carbs & exhausts and I'm pretty sure with injection systems the 02 sensors are gonna have a job equalising this, I guess the fueler is an an attempt to address this. It will run I'm sure without & that is certainly my plan, but I will be surprised if it will run correctly without advancing the timing by at least five degrees & by programming more petrol at specific points. I will stand corrected if it does run ok & hope this will happen just cause it's easier & I can still ride, which is my priority.
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to fitting it. I'm just polishing it at the moment, can't believe someone sprayed the stainless collector box black?
I'll keep you informed of results when I fit it which will be this week sometime. If the Remus really is shite, I will let you know but I'm doubting that will be the case to be honest.
Considering I haven't run it yet my assumptions have got to be a little niggling as fuck to some people. Ha ha.
Quite ok about getting into a conversation about any of this if anyone feels like it.
Ok let you know in a couple of days. Paul

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018 16:35 

Right Then,
Fitting was intense, 2 hours of fiddling and lining bits up, on off on off, but it's on and been running in the garage. Sounds ok, ticks over a bit quick, TPS may sort that out.
Fitting system around the front pipe joints is Shite, split alloy spacers which leave a gap for gas to escape instead of semi flexible bushes. Little leaks there I have to sort out.
It looks better than standard, sounds better than standard, weighs about a third of standard, all plus points so far.
Going for a ride later after a quick check roung to make sure everything is tight & back where they should be, so let you know how it goes.
All the best Paul.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018 19:20 

Current ride: 1125 CR, XT500, 750S
Location: Tiddly village near the throbbing metropolis of Rugby
You know the rules.....pictures or it didn't happen :D

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018 21:45 

Current ride: 1125r XB12X
Ohsteveo wrote:
You know the rules.....pictures or it didn't happen :D

:yt:

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018 21:48 

Yeah ok.
Heres'the evidence.
Still needs tidying a bit, the heat shield & end pipe in particular, but sounds great, didn't get out tonight but will tomorrow rain or shine and I'll let you know how it runs.
All the best Paul.

Attachments:
Buell Remus.jpg
Buell Remus.jpg [ 1.95 MiB | Viewed 1830 times ]

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018 22:01 

Current ride: 1125r XB12X
Looks OK, but be careful, there is potential biohazard ;)

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018 23:03 

Current ride: 1125 CR, XT500, 750S
Location: Tiddly village near the throbbing metropolis of Rugby
Looks good...slightly off topic but is the front brake caliper black as standard? My 2009 CR is red....

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018 23:30 

I'm the bio-hazard to myself when I'm on it ha ha.
Yes the caliper is black on the signature model.
Ride safe guys. Paul

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2018 12:55 

Hi Folks,
Just done forty odd miles with the Remus Exhaust fitted.
You were correct Maz it does run ok, the oxygen sensors seem to be doing their thing.
My opinion for what it's worth is, that the Remus system isn't Shite at all, it totally depends on what you want to do with it. It's a very nice road going system & much better than standard.
Would I race with it? No I wouldn't, but then I'm just an A/B road blaster and this does that very well indeed. It isn't as sharp as the standard one low down, but is easier in town because of that, but open the throttle to half way & beyond & then you start to feel what it's doing, the mid range is F****n' astonishing, it was anyway but it is highly improved. The catapult effect these engines give you is un-believable & this is what has improved, it feels like it's launching you into the stratosphere.
Like I say, I wouldn't want to race with it as there are better ones more suited to that style of riding but build quality is great (Stainless throughout), it was a bit fiddly to fit & the alloy header spacers leave a gap for gas to escape (fixed by ramming some folded kitchen tin foil in them) yeah I know, but it works. I'll make some proper alloy wedges for them when I get round to it.
So. Anyone wanting to just blast around like I do, I would recommend this system without caution, if you want to race, or do track days get another one more suited to that.
I would add that advancing the timing a little will make it run & definitely sound better although I may modify the decibel killer at some point as it doesn't look great & sounds dull.
All the best Paul.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2018 11:15 

Hi Folks,
Did another 45 miles last night to Nottingham & back so motorway riding mixed with A Roads.
I have to say "again" that I am mightily impressed with the Remus system.
On the motorway the bike "felt" like an "RAF Spitfire" underneath me, especially beyond the 6 thousand revs mark, the raw but bridled (rather than stifled) feeling of power was nothing short of mesmerising, I found it extremely difficult to stop accelerating once the process had begun. The power was simply "on tap" very linear & I had a fantastic feeling of at last being in total control of this monster machine with excess time to think about tweaking the suspension etc.
The transfer of this on to the A roads was just faster more manageable all round, linear power delivery in corners so I could dig the rear wheel in & control like I haven't felt on this bike before.
This was also a night ride & I was going at speeds equivalent to what I could manage on my Triumph Daytona 955i, so this system has boosted my confidence in this 1125r to the same point already just by the way it manages the power delivery.
Anyone fancies a go on this bike, come & see me or arrange to meet somewhere, I would love to have an independent appraisal/appraisals.
There you go, that's an offer I would find hard to refuse.
All the best. Paul.