It is currently 16 Apr 2024 09:09

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: ECMSPY Question
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2019 11:57 

I've been using the old free version of ECMSPY for TPS resets and putting back the AFV to 100% but my laptop that it's on is old and becoming unreliable. Is there any way to transfer this onto a new laptop? When I looked at the website about purchasing the £50 download, it required the code of the ECM to be put in at purchase time, where as the old version has a menu that covers all my ECUs The problem is, I've got several different bikes with different codes on their ECMs, so my question is, do I have to buy several individual copies of ECMSPY?

Post subject: Re: ECMSPY Question
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2019 14:18 

Current ride: CB1300, Z750, R1200
You can download the program and activate all required ECM types fully anonymously. If you find the application helpfull and decide to donate, then do it, otherwise don't. No one can tell, except of course if you tell us yourself ...

But now, as you mentioned it, I will keep an eye on the list of donors ;-)

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2019 18:06 

Thanks Gunter, I'd be most happy to pay for it, but the identity codes on my ECMs bear no relation to anything listed in the types of ECM shown in the ECMSPY list of types supported, so I wouldn't have a clue which ones to tick when purchasing the download.
ECM number one is BFIEC1 NO326.Q99194 EC17JA120 and ECU number 2 which is marked Race Use only, has N1306.KA03016 USRKA210. I've scoured the net to find out if they correspond with anything in the supported type, but have drawn a blank. My old ECMSPY has a dropdown menu which shows which types to choose, but the new ECMSPY only seems to support one version of the ECM per download. I may well be wrong about this?

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2019 18:29 

There are some very short instructions, how to find out the ECM type, available here: http://ecmspy.com/supported.shtml
The user's guide is a little bit more detailed.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2019 18:45 

That's the list that I was using as a reference. The 2 ECU'S which I have, do not appear on that list. They are genuine Buell items as one came with the bike from new and the other is a Buell Race version.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2019 18:51 

... and the program tells you the type is ????

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2019 19:41 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Adam wrote:
That's the list that I was using as a reference. The 2 ECU'S which I have, do not appear on that list. They are genuine Buell items as one came with the bike from new and the other is a Buell Race version.

Hi Adam,

I just plugged mine in with the demo version & it told me the ECU type, can't actually remember if I had to do anything, I think there was a button to press & the ECU type came up, my original one was BUEZD on my 1125r.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2019 19:43 

Jazzbutcher wrote:
Adam wrote:

Hi Adam,

I just plugged mine in with the demo version & it told me the ECU type, can't actually remember if I had to do anything, I think there was a button to press & the ECU type came up, my original one was BUEZD on my 1125r.

Identify installed ECM type
Download the demo version fo EcmSpy and try to connect to your bike's ECM. If this ECM type has not been activated, an error message like the one below will pop up and tell you the installed ECM type:

That's what I did.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2019 19:44 

I assume that somewhere in my early version of the program, it identifies the version of ECM? The problem is, my old laptop doesn't open it anymore so I can't interrogate the ECM. This is what was stopping me from buying the new version to install on a new laptop as I didn't know which ECM to download for? Am I correct in thinking you can only specify one type of ECM per download, since you have to tick a box saying which download you require?

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2019 22:57 

Adam wrote:
I assume that somewhere in my early version of the program, it identifies the version of ECM? The problem is, my old laptop doesn't open it anymore so I can't interrogate the ECM. This is what was stopping me from buying the new version to install on a new laptop as I didn't know which ECM to download for? Am I correct in thinking you can only specify one type of ECM per download, since you have to tick a box saying which download you require?

Hi Adam,

Pash did some instructions regarding re-activating onto another PC, I'm useless at searching this site so can't point you to it, but he definitely did one. May be worth a search if you know how to do that.
Sounds also like Gunter was saying you can have more than one ECM (something to do with anonymously). I got the distinct impression that it was for one ECM.