Current ride: Buell. 1125RR
Buell 1125. Belt
Is there a alternatieve for the belt or only originel

PostPosted: 07 May 2020 10:13 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
jpcamaro wrote:
Buell 1125. Belt

There were some chain conversions around but I tried very recently to contact any manufacturers I could find. I didn't get a reply from any of them & they were all based in the USA which prohibited me from proceeding (due to the cost) of getting one into the UK anyway.
You may be able to speak to EBR re their chain drive system for the 1190 they're very friendly but again USA shipping & tax is really expensive.
There is also the problem with shock absorption (fitting a cush drive) on the final drive with chains.
All the best JB.

PostPosted: 07 May 2020 11:17 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
Jazzbutcher wrote:
jpcamaro wrote:
Buell 1125. Belt

There were some chain conversions around but I tried very recently to contact any manufacturers I could find. I didn't get a reply from any of them & they were all based in the USA which prohibited me from proceeding (due to the cost) of getting one into the UK anyway.
You may be able to speak to EBR re their chain drive system for the 1190 they're very friendly but again USA shipping & tax is really expensive.
There is also the problem with shock absorption (fitting a cush drive) on the final drive with chains.
All the best JB.

There is a Cush drive built into the front pulley on the 1125's , biggest problem with a chain conversion is the lack of adjustment , the 1125 race bikes used a different swingarm . I'd stick with the original belt as they seem to hold up fine , other brands would be an unknown quantity.

PostPosted: 07 May 2020 11:42 

kevmean wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
jpcamaro wrote:
Buell 1125. Belt

All the best JB.

There is a Cush drive built into the front pulley on the 1125's , biggest problem with a chain conversion is the lack of adjustment , the 1125 race bikes used a different swingarm . I'd stick with the original belt as they seem to hold up fine , other brands would be an unknown quantity.

Hi Kev, I know there's a cush drive on the front pulley, I was saying that it's a problem with chain drives. I know about them cause mine's buggered & I need to fix it when I get the CR conversion under way. Twin M/Cs has a diagram of how to fix them properly by adding extra rubber as new ones get knacked within 10k again if you don't.
I hadn't thought about chain adjustment with a chain conversion, yeah that would be a problem. Nice one for that info :yup:

PostPosted: 07 May 2020 12:28 

Current ride: Buell. 1125RR
I mean a alternatieve belt no chain

PostPosted: 07 May 2020 13:06 

jpcamaro wrote:
I mean a alternatieve belt no chain

Not that I would depend on.