It is currently 28 Mar 2024 20:24

All times are UTC

Post subject: M2 Wiring confusion
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2020 23:24 

Current ride: M2 Cyclone Monster60
I have bought a self-cancelling indicator set from S2T for my M2. Essentialy to prevent me from forgetting to cancel because the warning light is small and the buzzers I added were inaudible (and I am approaching geriatrity). I am in a state of great confusion as to which wiring is correct before I start snipping. The 8 terminal block (Ican only find one on the whole bike)is tied to the front right frame tube and all the wires, bar one, have matching colours on the in/out connections. The exception being violet/brown on the loom changing to blue/white to the switch. Imagine my dismay when I look at the manuel and find this (picture below).
It seems that every wire (except black for the clutch switch that I do not have), doesn't match any wire of the same colour in the connector. WTF, which side do I believe? I only need 3 wires to break, from flasher unit and to right and left indicators, Can anyone of you with a degree in Krapton Ficture enlighten me. I could get the meter out and test continuity but that means disturbing other things and pulling bulbs etc.
Why manufacturers avoid offering this as standard safety gear on new bikes amazes me, I have it on my '09 Harley Dyna and had it on my '77 RD400 all those years ago and it is IMHO a real life saver (especially riding with my 87 year old father on his Monster600, and he is deaf as well!!) Enough of my rant, any help will be gratefully received

Attachments:
LH switch wiring.PNG
LH switch wiring.PNG [ 75.29 KiB | Viewed 1984 times ]

'97 Kawasaki Eliminator 600
'76 Honda CB200
'76 Honda GL1000 Trike
 Post subject: Re: M2 Wiring confusion
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2020 23:20 

Finally got it sorted, turned out it is blue/white as flasher feed, violet as l/h flasher and brown as r/h flasher. Self cancelling indicator module is now fitted and working brilliantly but I had to replace the crap crimp onto live and earth jobbies with proper bullet connectors before it would. I have never been a fan of Scotchloc connectors anyway. The handlebar switch needed to be modified by grinding the heads off the rivets holding the brass back plate and carefully removing the plate then the tiny springs and latching fingers. I have kept them safe in case I take the module off but that is highly unlikely given how well it works. Cost of the unit was £84 which is not a lot for a potentionally life-saving piece of kit. If it only costs this for an add-on accessary, new bike manufacturers could probably add it to production cost for £5 or less and boast to RoSPA about it!!

'76 Honda CB200
'76 Honda GL1000 Trike

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2020 11:15 

Current ride: Ducati Monster 950+
Nice one - I have them on my Triumph and have needed them more than I'd like to admit. ;)

In the garage -

2001 X1
KTM390 Duke
Ducati 950 Monster +
CCM Spitfire Scrambler

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2021 00:01 

Can't get them to work on the CR though, think there may be a separate flasher unit for each side in the instrument pod though. Anyone got any ideas?

'76 Honda CB200
'76 Honda GL1000 Trike

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2021 03:53 

Current ride: X1 2001
best :askmaz:

i thought it was built into the ecm but not 100% sure :?