Last visit was: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:17 pm It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:17 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: Panic Buying...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:32 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
A more serious tale now, but needs telling.

My disabled partner can’t get to the supermarkets early enough to beat the greedy shelf clearing folk. :roll: Sainsbury’s have announced the reservation of the first hours trading on Thursday for the elderly and disabled, but seem ignorant of the fact that many disabled folk can’t get morning carer visits before 7 am to get them up, dressed and out the door by 8 am if they are lucky. Many will have to wait their turn and not get a visit before 8 am, so how are they going to go shopping in Sainsbury’s? :headbang:

This morning on behalf of my dearest, l went to Tesco’s at 6:10 am to join the other lemmings. The car park was already busy with shoppers. I got a large multipack of toilet rolls, only available in white, but hey ho! I also picked up a few tins of food to help stock the larder.

At the checkouts there was a queue as staffing was minimal, but they were checking people’s baskets and trolleys. The man in front of me was stopped for having 6 tins of one type of food as there was a limit of two identical items. 4 of the tins were promptly removed from his basket and confiscated. ;) I had picked up 4 small tins of spaghetti hoops at 60p each for my partners children, so l told the staff checking that l got these for the kids and that l was shopping for their mother who couldn’t get there early enough. To their credit they waved me on. However the self serve check outs had been programmed to reject more than two identical bar codes. One of the staff checking baskets came over and cancelled the block. 8-)

I support the stores actions in controlling basket contents entirely, but once outside l began to think about the two extra tins l’d taken valued at £1.20 and having to justify my purchase! I don’t mind admitting that by the time l’d reached my car the emotion was welling up inside, and l had to curse then to hold back the tears. FFS l thought, what a state to get into. Then l realised that we prepare ourselves for big shocks, but it’s the daft little things that get to you! :sad1: Better to get over myself then before l get to work! ;)

Hope you are all coping with the madness. :old:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:46 pm 

Current ride: S1`s
Building us up for the UFO landings :P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:09 am 

Now there’s another story......... lOl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:25 am 

Current ride: Mojo
Today and tomorrow will see panic buying taken to another level....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:01 pm 

Well that went well lOl I had an altercation with a cyclist in a place called Potterhanworth, lovely quaint village, we exchanged frank views about each others chosen mode of transport and he was trying his best to educate me apparently…..Then he started repeating incessantly "we all have to take care" It was at this point I realised I had become quite threatening and menacing, so I told him we were both going to die, just a matter of how and when, then I released my grip on his throat, checked he had no recording aids on his bike or person and allowed him to continue his journey.

I feel strongly that my 'Peace & Love' phase has come to an end. :headbang: :cry:

I really didn`t realise I was that stressed and nearly crashed the lorry properly, whilst at the same time acknowledging that I was a complete and utter total wanker.

Bad day, tomorrow has to be better.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:21 pm 

Oh yeah.....Two haulage firms I know of, including ours has been told there is a shortage of diesel and not to expect our usual 20,000 lts. this week.....The other firm spends 4 million a year on diesel and they are not getting any :shock:
This in my opinion is engineered and has allowed to strengthen my belief that all this is bollocks......Only 5% die of this virus, so why would you fuck the other 95%?????

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:26 pm 

Local trucking company Owens has put out a plea for drivers , any drivers with a licence ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:30 pm 

att wrote:

I feel strongly that my 'Peace & Love' phase has come to an end. :headbang: :cry:

I left school at 15 and continued growing my hair into the hippie look . Got twatted a few times by skinheads so went biker and enjoyed twatting people back. Still happening at my age :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:38 pm 

TOPGUMM wrote:
Local trucking company Owens has put out a plea for drivers , any drivers with a licence ...

Yes l’m beginning to regret not getting my HGV licence. I am stuck at 3.5t, but it’s still nice to know l will probably be needed. ;)

London may not be ‘locked down’ as predicted, but some of my destinations there will close anyway.
Not sure where l’ll be next week, but l exchanged the now customary ‘keep safe’ farewells with my regular customers anyway just in case. :|

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:42 pm 
Milf Hunter

Current ride: '98 S1
On a positive note, Morrisons have litres of Bombay Sapphire for £18. :yup:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:45 pm 

Current ride: X1 2001 White Riot
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:17 am 

Current ride: The wife
Make dinner with the family more interesting in the coming weeks by stockpiling Ann Summers Penis shaped pasta ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:56 pm 

:yup:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:45 pm 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Half mile queues outside the chemists in Matlock, (all 3 of them today) people just crazy for drugs, they should stock pile them like I do.
No queues at any chemists I know?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:54 am 

Jazzbutcher wrote:
people just crazy for drugs, they should stock pile them like I do.

;) lOl :yup:

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next