Last visit was: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:53 pm It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:53 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 59 Next
 Post subject: WOT ARE YOUR PLANS
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:41 pm 
Think Pink

Current ride: Awesome Ulysses & X1
What plans do people have whilst we are in lockdown bearing in mind we can only veture into the public domain for a short time for excersise and things we need and for the less fortunate ,I hope to take a walk every day ,paint my sheds ,recomission normans S1W ,Go through my spare forks and refurbish them into pairs .Some maintance to do to blue bolt billy and grumbly 2 ,As well as walking do 30 mins HIT excersise every day ,endever to relearn the relavent KATAS in shotokan karate for me, use my makawari punching post every day , Do plenty of streching to improve my flexabilty ,I will prob NEVER in whats left of of my life have this amount of time to do these things every day just for me ,It would be a great shame to waste it .............yeeeee haaaaa

Post subject: Re: WOT ARE YOUR PLANS
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:53 pm 
Site Admin

I'm just cracking on as normal....I live alone, work alone and only ever encounter other humans when I do my weekly shop, I'm self employed and have enough work to keep me busy for now....I have had lots of work cancelled due to the current situation but for now it's business as usual :?

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:08 am 

Current ride: S1`s
Garden underway for food growing.
Concrete blocks etc ordered for tomorrow to deal with access from back of house.
Two s1`s to sort out
engine to put back in yam tt 500
B50 to sort kick start .
Got the bits, bring on the enthusiasm.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:13 am 

Current ride: S1W,Kat,SDGT,HP2,
WFH during the week (just about getting used to it) and a bunch of fiddling to do across the motorised and pedal cycles over the weekend. I might even get through all the Acceptable Deferred Faults by the end of the CV-19 period.... maybe.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:57 pm 
Think Pink

Maz wrote:
I'm just cracking on as normal....I live alone, work alone and only ever encounter other humans when I do my weekly shop, I'm self employed and have enough work to keep me busy for now....I have had lots of work cancelled due to the current situation but for now it's business as usual :?

(((((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))) xx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:08 pm 

It's making very little difference to me, I still shout abuse at Ramblers passing my house - except it's with some justification now lOl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:09 pm 
Think Pink

Adam wrote:
It's making very little difference to me, I still shout abuse at Ramblers passing my house - except it's with some justification now lOl

:yup: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:36 pm 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
This lockdown is only a pause , too slow the spread down so that the likes of NHS have capacity to look after the sick , there will still need to be social distancing once the lockdown lifts to reduce the spread of the virus to manageable levels for the NHS .
It has been said, it could be a year before a vaccine is available .until then the old and sick are at risk and need support .
The way I see it , there are going to be some very nice well maintained gardens , very clean houses ,
As well as many motorbikes/ cars, polished and serviced, with all the outstanding little jobs from years ago finally done .
it could be a while before we are allowed / and it is safe to meet up on mass for Buell events
so keep safe , until then :yup:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:52 pm 

Current ride: X1 2001 White Riot
key worker , so still working at the moment :couch:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:18 pm 

Current ride: S1`s
My boy is too , plumber at Surrey Uni . They are making up beds from flat packs for the NHS :?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:29 pm 

I was out in the lorry this morning, watching the sun rise over the Wolds as I busied myself to Immingham…..I was then advised that no gloves, no load, so I had to tell them that if my skin was torn from my hands it is designated as being de-gloved, so what constitutes a glove....They were pretty much fucked, so I got loaded.

I ten went on to deliver to South Kyme, just up the road from me, and the guy did not want to sign, take any paperwork etc.....So I told him how all humans deserve to die and not from the virus, but by the amount of trees that have been cut down in Lincolnshire recently, he told me he had not cut any trees down, I left.

This afternoon I spent on the Buell, the weather is too good to waste and had a beautiful afternoon on quiet roads.

So I plan on driving lorries on quiet roads and meeting paranoid wankers when I deliver, laughing a lot and then going out on my Buell and laughing even more, laughter is the best drug and if anyone wants to take that away, then let them try, for I shall also enjoy that.

FUCK THE WORLD.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:58 pm 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
Nutah wrote:
key worker , so still working at the moment :couch:

:yt: shift starts sunday HGV driver for food producer , delivering to RDC ( regional distribution centres)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:18 pm 

I'm still working and have been classed as a critical worker since yesterday. I was going to take 2 weeks off before this lockdown, but as we can now carry over any unused leave so its hopefully going to be used when this is all over.

The only thing that is frustrating is the having to queue at supermarkets. Not so bad in this weather, but a 20 minute shop takes almost an hour now.

I still have to get both Buells mot'd,, but been busy the last few weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:22 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
Am using up paid leave l am owed while my agency looks out for a suitable driving job. I haven’t found anything directly myself. ;)

Now l have a spare set of XB9 headers, l could continue towards the culmination of my exhaust experiments, but can’t go anywhere to talk turkey. :cry:

Could start to actually build my super Lenco record deck, but my friend who will do the machining is in Bristol. :roll:

So there’s no excuse not to get on with other stuff at home like; rewiring some of the upstairs, remaking a wider garden gate and altering the adjacent brickwork, writing more statements towards my partners legal battle settlement (was getting close until Coronavirus :headbang: ), paint any number of pictures l had planned, build the model TSR2 that has been sitting in its box for 5 years. :? Have started to scratch build a model galleon out of card just out of perverse fascination to see what can be done (l’ve scratch built a few card models over the years). But I will probably just waste the first of many days tweaking bits of high fi for the fun of it! lOl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:29 pm 

edd wrote:
Am using up paid leave l am owed while my agency looks out for a suitable driving job. I haven’t found anything directly myself. ;)

Now l have a spare set of XB9 headers, l could continue towards the culmination of my exhaust experiments, but can’t go anywhere to talk turkey. :cry:

Could start to actually build my super Lenco record deck, but my friend who will do the machining is in Bristol. :roll:

So there’s no excuse not to get on with other stuff at home like; rewiring some of the upstairs, remaking a wider garden gate and altering the adjacent brickwork, writing more statements towards my partners legal battle settlement (was getting close until Coronavirus :headbang: ), paint any number of pictures l had planned, build the model TSR2 that has been sitting in its box for 5 years. :? Have started to scratch build a model galleon out of card just out of perverse fascination to see what can be done (l’ve scratch built a few card models over the years). But I will probably just waste the first of many days tweaking bits of high fi for the fun of it! lOl

You need sectioning.

[ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 59 Next