It is currently 29 Sep 2024 12:21

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: 1125 r
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011 18:31 
The moral of all this is that if you are a perfectionist then don't buy a Buell !

Or it could just be that the dealer network is cr4p !

I would certainly buy another if I wanted one - was waiting for the Barracuda when the plug was pulled.

Post subject: Re: 1125 r
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011 19:48 
Adam wrote:
riyadhsfastestbiker wrote:
I'm that sick and tired of mine that I asked a mate if he fancied swapping it for his 2000 VTR 1000 firestorm he impolitely told me to go away in short, sharp jerky movements :dance:

:? My 1125 has had its share of teething problems, but they've all been easily and quickly fixed - I love it to bits, the only reason it's not been near a track is that it's too good to drop. I've also got a VTR track bike with a fully sorted chassis and tuned 'Two Brothers' motor that contains a lot of special parts. It's way superior to any other road going VTR I've ever ridden - but it's still not a patch on my Helicon in handling or grunt.

Adam I am actually being serious I owned a Firestorm years ago in the Emirates, loved it! I bought one in the UK a few years ago on the Saturday and on the Sunday the front cylinder cam chain tensioner went....expensive fix, especially when the twat that fixed it timed it 180 degrees out and would never admit his error! Have you ever experienced that when yer bike won't pull beyond 7000? if I ever want to leave this place I have to transfer, ship or scrap any vehicle I own here and the point I am making is nobody wants to buy my 1125 cos of the reputation! This weekend I offered it jokingly it to Abdul Aziz Bin Laden who is quite a handy guy on his BMW. He rang rings round a Brit on his 1098 and all I wanna see is my bike beat Stu's and that was the deal with Mr. B.L. he politely refused as Arabs do.

So in a nutshell who in their right mind is gonna buy one of these?

Yeah I love it but I'm sick and tired of it playing up ....oil leak continuation I hope I can find the gasket :ner: