CONRONA VIRUS....

Off topic discussion and chat, registered forum members access only.
User avatar
edd
Posts: 3394
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:13 pm
Current ride: XB9SX

Re: CONRONA VIRUS....

Postby edd » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:17 pm

att wrote:This sums up all I believe thus far...

https://youtu.be/80Vz7tZLuBI


Very interesting. Not that l would have done much differently myself. My job of driving to London was effectively screwed by Covid and many factors beyond my control. :sad1: I also have vulnerable people around me to consider. By bizarre chance the partner of a friend of ours died early in the Pandemic within three weeks of contraction....he was only 59 and not thought to be at risk! A nice chap from memory of my meeting him 18 months ago. We were shocked when we heard. :sad1: My partners consultant neurologist of similar age got it early on last year, but only had mild symptoms. Russian roulette? :?

It would be interesting to see statistics for societies with temperate climates with central heating as well as higher densities per sq mile vs more open societies with better ventilated buildings and less population density. Something l have always been concerned about when flu bugs are doing the rounds. I recall when l had prolonged bouts of flu that l was sometimes better going to work in the Cotswolds than staying at home in stuffy Cheltenham, but that has often been the case with my sensitised lungs. I am always better up in the Welsh mountains on my Buell than down in the polluted midland valleys. :sun:

This Covid story will run and run. :|

User avatar
att
Posts: 1768
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 12:24 am

Re: CONRONA VIRUS....

Postby att » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:57 pm

edd wrote:
att wrote:This sums up all I believe thus far...

https://youtu.be/80Vz7tZLuBI


Very interesting. Not that l would have done much differently myself. My job of driving to London was effectively screwed by Covid and many factors beyond my control. :sad1: I also have vulnerable people around me to consider. By bizarre chance the partner of a friend of ours died early in the Pandemic within three weeks of contraction....he was only 59 and not thought to be at risk! A nice chap from memory of my meeting him 18 months ago. We were shocked when we heard. :sad1: My partners consultant neurologist of similar age got it early on last year, but only had mild symptoms. Russian roulette? :?

It would be interesting to see statistics for societies with temperate climates with central heating as well as higher densities per sq mile vs more open societies with better ventilated buildings and less population density. Something l have always been concerned about when flu bugs are doing the rounds. I recall when l had prolonged bouts of flu that l was sometimes better going to work in the Cotswolds than staying at home in stuffy Cheltenham, but that has often been the case with my sensitised lungs. I am always better up in the Welsh mountains on my Buell than down in the polluted midland valleys. :sun:

This Covid story will run and run. :|


Only because we allow it, we are pathetic.

What is being done to our lives is criminal and soon people will have less to lose and we all know what happens then....

User avatar
edd
Posts: 3394
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:13 pm
Current ride: XB9SX

Re: CONRONA VIRUS....

Postby edd » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:26 pm

I meant that the debates about how, why, what and who to blame will continue for a long time. :roll:

There was a good quote to Nick Ferrari on LBC yesterday; “ statistics are like bikinis. They reveal much, but hide all the important bits!”. lOl

User avatar
Finmows
Posts: 4690
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:43 pm
Current ride: The wife
Location: Cofa's tree

Re: CONRONA VIRUS....

Postby Finmows » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:49 pm

I had my second jab today...7 weeks after the first
I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills

User avatar
Nutah
Posts: 10503
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:00 pm
Current ride: X1 2001
Location: southampton

Re: CONRONA VIRUS....

Postby Nutah » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:58 pm

:yup:
Feros Ferio

User avatar
Ralph2
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:44 pm
Current ride: XB9R XB12Scg

Re: CONRONA VIRUS....

Postby Ralph2 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:04 pm

Covid here in the UK is such a divisive subject. Friends becoming enemies, families not speaking to each other, people protesting at having their rights taken from them....interestingly in Japan they are also having to cope with protests...against holding the Olympic Games there because of the increase risk of spread. Well, we all have different views I guess..

What's the saying? 'We don't see things as they are, but as we are.'

Personally I'd rather listen to the experts than any politician or uninformed protest march. Yes, I believe in UFO's and (some) conspiracy theories, but I'm first and foremost an engineer thus largely grounded in science.

Now, just time for a quick ride before qualifying at Imola. :D
You don't stop laughing when you grow old, you grow old when you stop laughing.

User avatar
Maz
Site Admin
Posts: 8596
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:17 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: CONRONA VIRUS....

Postby Maz » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:34 pm

Thought qualy had been pushed back so's not to clash with the funeral ?
Mithered ta death.
92 MB
96 S2T
98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

User avatar
conquistador
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:02 pm

Re: CONRONA VIRUS....

Postby conquistador » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:33 pm

Has anyone else noticed that those who die with "No underlying conditions" are usually overweight? I did read that Vietnam's death toll was very low with regard to the number of infections in the country. Maybe the focus should be more on overall health including housing, junk food and poverty. Or is that a bit too socialist for modern Britain?
2017 KTM 690 Duke
2001 M2
2017 Street Triple RS
Wilier La Triestina
Scott CR1

User avatar
Finmows
Posts: 4690
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:43 pm
Current ride: The wife
Location: Cofa's tree

Re: CONRONA VIRUS....

Postby Finmows » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:04 pm

Finmows wrote:I had my second jab today...7 weeks after the first

And fuck me, I was that bad on Saturday I slept 20 of the 24 hours...feel that good today, its like I never had it!
So...after 2 doses of the Astra Zeneca, the only effects I suffered were
Loss of appetite for 2 days after the first dose
Complete and utter lethargy (and feeling a little queasy) for 24 hrs after the second dose
I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills

User avatar
Nutah
Posts: 10503
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:00 pm
Current ride: X1 2001
Location: southampton

Re: CONRONA VIRUS....

Postby Nutah » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:33 pm

:yup:
Feros Ferio

User avatar
Ralph2
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:44 pm
Current ride: XB9R XB12Scg

Re: CONRONA VIRUS....

Postby Ralph2 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:41 pm

Maz wrote:Thought qualy had been pushed back so's not to clash with the funeral ?

:oooops: Got back for Q2!
You don't stop laughing when you grow old, you grow old when you stop laughing.

User avatar
Dusty
Posts: 2266
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 3:35 pm
Current ride: A black one
Location: Wales. The land of dragons and welsh cakes

Re: CONRONA VIRUS....

Postby Dusty » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:04 pm

The Danes have just come out of several months confinement. Apparently, a large number of them have been flocking to Copenhagen Zoo...........to stare at animals in confinement :?
Dusty 001

User avatar
edd
Posts: 3394
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:13 pm
Current ride: XB9SX

Re: CONRONA VIRUS....

Postby edd » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:46 am

National day of freedom? :?

One business delivery destination; no masks, no restrictions, no worries! ;)

Next delivery drop off; full precautions in place, no entry barrier, leave goods outside, no signature!

Welcome to England! ;)

User avatar
conquistador
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:02 pm

Re: CONRONA VIRUS....

Postby conquistador » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:34 am

Speaking to friends now banned in NSW, 900000 residents can't leave their area and everything but essential shops closed. One person in their 80's has died...
2017 KTM 690 Duke
2001 M2
2017 Street Triple RS
Wilier La Triestina
Scott CR1

User avatar
Bonzo
Posts: 4457
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:55 pm
Current ride: K100 CBR1000F z550Gt
Location: Joondalup

Re: CONRONA VIRUS....

Postby Bonzo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:10 am

conquistador wrote:Speaking to friends now banned in NSW, 900000 residents can't leave their area and everything but essential shops closed. One person in their 80's has died...


The problem over here is that the fed government has totally screwed up vaccine roll outs. Only about 10% of the Australian population has been vaccinated and this isn't going to change fast. Australia has had an entire year to work out an exit strategy and has completely fucked it up. We're all screwed until next year at the earliest. I've had one Astra Zeneca jab, 2nd one is scheduled for 28th August. My 26 year old son can't get one at all yet.
Wear the fox hat


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests