Petrol Prices

Off topic discussion and chat, registered forum members access only.
TOPGUMM
Current ride: S1`s

Re: Petrol Prices

Postby TOPGUMM » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:15 pm

Working in a house and a gas bloke turned up to read the smart meter as it wasn`t working lOl he says he gets to check up on 50 + a week that are failing to send details.
He also said they want you to have them so they can cut you off at the flick of a switch :shock:

barney
Current ride: Buell ulysses

Postby barney » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:54 am

was on the news a few weeks ago and rip of Britain, that people were being over charged by vast amounts because “smart meter” had gone wrong , and we are talking not once or twice their usual monthly bill but at times 85 times their usual monthly bill £5000 a month was quoted in one case :shock: and even when complained and queried the figures they still took the money from account because it was on direct debt , only once rip of Britain got involved and contacted supplier , did they admit problem and refund money :roll:
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08

barney

Postby barney » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:11 pm

had a little ride out today , weathers was so nice , topped up with E5 from my usual local garage , E5 now £199.9 per litre :roll: but worth it for a summers day ride in the shropshire countryside :yup:

barney

Postby barney » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:41 pm

looks like £1.99 a litre is a cheap compared to down south :shock:
https://www.mylondon.news/news/west-lon ... n-24191776

Nutah
Current ride: X1 2001

Postby Nutah » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:04 pm

:shock: clucking bell Baldrick
Feros Ferio

Finmows
Current ride: The wife

Postby Finmows » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:48 pm

barney wrote:looks like £1.99 a litre is a cheap compared to down south :shock:
https://www.mylondon.news/news/west-lon ... n-24191776

And the thick fuckers that don't have the common sense to use the local Tesco petrol station deserve to pay that price! :roll: w⚓⚓⚓
And there is local Tesco petrol lOl
I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills

Nutah

Postby Nutah » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:33 pm

So is this the last hurrah ?
are we on the tail end of the petrol bikes....priced off the road by hook or crook ?

is it Mad Max time

see you on the road skag :mrgreen:
Feros Ferio

barney

Postby barney » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:29 pm

It could be the resurgence of petrol motor bikes as most have far better fuel economy than cars, I remember the days of a local large engineering firm ( GKN ) at clocking off time, there were hundreds of Honda C50’s pouring out of the gates .
Also if you look at classic ( Norton , triumph) fuel figures they are a world away from today’s thirsty bikes .

Nutah

Postby Nutah » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:47 pm

BREL was the same at clocking off time , hundreds of blokes on push bikes or walking , the C90 was the weapon of choice indeed .
shame they are all overpriced now due to hipster types making customs out of them lOl
the world turns
Feros Ferio

TOPGUMM

Postby TOPGUMM » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:20 am

Bit of a problem in my street is the push out of central town with parking permit areas flooding the next area with random parkers. I`ve noticed people work from home more, but still have the full complement of vehicles per adult which is adding to friction parking along with maturing stay at home kids. If it was £3 a litre there`d still be hassle to park .

barney

Postby barney » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:05 am

"maturing stay at home kids"
Kippers
Kids In Parents' Pockets Eroding Retirement Savings
and with the house prices ,inflation , fuel prices ( gas , elec , petrol ) the squeeze on wages,
it's going to get worse .
kids are pushed into uni and end up leaving school (education ) with thousands of £ of debt before they even start work .
did read somewhere that landloards were selling up due to a new "tax " licence on rental property .

TOPGUMM

Postby TOPGUMM » Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:28 am

barney wrote:did read somewhere that landloards were selling up due to a new "tax " licence on rental property .

In Wales the Government have forced me become a licensed landlord costing hundreds, they are forcing me to install carbon monoxide alarms along with linked ,mains powered heat and smoke alarms, electrical certificate for wiring and fuse board, gas safety checks , they would like passive venting systems installed to help the tenant`s condensation problems. Insulation has to be a certain level or it is deemed uninhabitable. The tenancy agreement is changing to allow more rights for succession of tenants family/mates. The list really does go on. Plenty of people ditching rentals here . When mine move out I`ll sell too.
The next thing coming is rent caps linked to the councils rent ,which does not cover costs, to help with the cost of living increase.
I work on 10 months rent a yr as 2 months are just outgoings .
My house is freezing with dodgy boiler and electrics lOl
One tenant`s Cleaner said she smelt gas so I went along and said it was the smell from your brand new kettle. As I`m liable I had to get a gas plumber in to check it , which was all ok £s

att

Postby att » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:42 pm

Revolution anyone?

edd
Current ride: XB9SX

Postby edd » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:49 pm

I drove a hybrid car for the first time recently, a Toyota I think. The agency asked me to take a company car on a 60 mile round trip to collect another driver who was delivering a training vehicle. Well a jobs a job and if it has wheels! ;)

At first I had to ask a passing mechanic if the vehicle was not faulty as I hadn’t realised that it had actually started. lOl Look for the ‘ready’ sign on the dash then just throttle to go! Ok so we all have to learn sometime. :oooops:

The next most interesting thing is the tacho to show how low the engine is turning. Then you can have fun watching the graphics display showing energy flowing from engine to battery, then engine to wheels, wheels to battery etc, etc. Next to that is the average mpg. It was stuck on 44.9 for about 50 miles no matter how gently I drove. Only in the last few on the motorway did the read out climb to 45 then a final 45.1 mpg.
Well big deal I thought. My old Clio will average 45 to 46 when driven in the same fashion. Perhaps that 44.9 by the Toyota represented a longer term average. I will have to find out how to zero the mpg gauge before I set off next time. I have read about hybrids averaging over 100 mpg. My Clio will do 49 to 50 mpg on longer motorway runs so I’m not doing too badly. Not that I’ll be buying a new hybrid any time soon. The cost of a new vehicle will still buy a heck of a lot of V-Power. :old:

I see that which magazine have exposed makers claims as being optimistic. Are there any users on here who have better results? :?

barney

Postby barney » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:58 pm

My two old school dirty diesels , ford Mondeo 2.0l est 08 plate does around 45 mpg.
And best of all my little Peugeot 206 SW 1.4 on an 06 plate mid 50mpg around the houses and up to 64mpg on a run :yup:

Return to “Social”