Petrol Prices

Off topic discussion and chat, registered forum members access only.
edd
Current ride: XB9SX

Re: Petrol Prices

Postby edd » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:49 pm

Finmows wrote:
edd wrote: The main attraction of an Enfield Meteor would be that I wouldn’t mind leaving it parked at my usual places of work, or in my girlfriends garden overnight. :roll:

Something is very small, or something else isnt :? ;) lOl

Yes being able to afford a new bike would be no small thing! lOl

att

Postby att » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:24 pm

Over here in PT, prices have been coming down because of the drop in crude, the costs here follow both up and down and closely...I expect your prices will be coming down soon...

Dusty
Current ride: A black one
Location: Wales. The land of dragons, welshcakes and full reservoirs.

Postby Dusty » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:05 pm

att wrote:Over here in PT, prices have been coming down because of the drop in crude, the costs here follow both up and down and closely...I expect your prices will be coming down soon...

Listen to the oracle..........he was right about this too :idea: :worthy:
Dusty 001

att

Postby att » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:29 am

Dusty wrote:
att wrote:Over here in PT, prices have been coming down because of the drop in crude, the costs here follow both up and down and closely...I expect your prices will be coming down soon...

Listen to the oracle..........he was right about this too :idea: :worthy:

Shit! I had forgotten about that, looked at the date and realised I was in the mix before many...My media guy was a BBC bod who I had not spoken to for many years and he called me out of the blue telling me about all this shit that was going on in China and how he was sending over some VT of it and asking what my thoughts on it all were.

My thoughts were that it was too convenient timing wise because of the Chinese new Year and mass movement of people around the globe for that and he agreed, he had turned into the conspiracy theorist :shock:

I still even more than ever know that it was engineered and released on purpose for maximum damage...The timing is key to these allegations.

Anyway, Brent Crude finished at it`s lowest rate since the minor skirmish that started in February in the East of Europe.
$97ish. a barrel.

Have a good weekend y`all.... :dance:

barney
Current ride: Buell ulysses

Postby barney » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:19 pm

:yt: :yup:
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08

Dusty
Current ride: A black one
Location: Wales. The land of dragons, welshcakes and full reservoirs.

Postby Dusty » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:43 pm

Dusty 001

Mitch
Current ride: Xb12Scg

Postby Mitch » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:56 pm

I bought some of that smelly nasty diesel stuff today. 5p a litre cheaper than 11 days ago when I last looked to get some, but didn't. I don't use much and this is 5 weeks after buying some at £1.75 a litre. I was going to take some friends out to a local river and just have a picnic in the shade, but they decided not to go.

Had the usual idiot blocking the queue at the local Sainsbury, so took twice as long getting to a pump. Drove out and had a splash in the cool water then nodded off in the shade. Retirement is so good to me.

What gets me now is the difference in price between petrol and diesel. Used to be 2 or 3 pence, now almost 15 of the same pennies.

No interest at all in these electric cars. I guess the idea is to keep fuel prices high, to push people into buying into the EV con.

Nutah
Current ride: X1 2001

Postby Nutah » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:40 pm

wouldn't be a surprise , force us into buying very expensive new electric cars
just like the gov did with buy a diesel car bollocks
that was better for the enviroment & inner cities not :rotfl:

fuck knows , but change will come
some spin doctor will no doubt tell us it's for our own good

so will it make classic petrol vehicles more valuable as antiques ?
:twisted:
my Buell may be worth a few quid more when my kids sell it who knows ?

or will we be back to the scrapage scheme again :shut:
Feros Ferio

Mitch
Current ride: Xb12Scg

Postby Mitch » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:34 pm

Nutah wrote:wouldn't be a surprise , force us into buying very expensive new electric cars
just like the gov did with buy a diesel car bollocks
that was better for the enviroment & inner cities not :rotfl:

fuck knows , but change will come
some spin doctor will no doubt tell us it's for our own good

so will it make classic petrol vehicles more valuable as antiques ?
:twisted:
my Buell may be worth a few quid more when my kids sell it who knows ?

or will we be back to the scrapage scheme again :shut:

I wouldn't put it past it, for some people, businesses, whatever to push the EV scene, just to make themselves a lot of money.

Same thing seems to be happening with the 'Climate change' story and I wonder how many people are making money from it with no actual interest in 'saving the planet'. If it needs saving at all.

My 10 year old VW Passat estate averages between 35 and 50 mpg depending on the driving, and costs me £30 road tax. Change to something else and I'm going to pay more tax and save very little on fuel.

Nutah

Postby Nutah » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:09 pm

:yt:

Bangernomics as one article called it
replacing an older vehicle for something marginaly better on fuel , seems like a salesmans dream

A while back I considered replacing my old moped for a newer more economical & reliable one
but as I only commute to work on it a few miles waste of time tbh , same with my old Honda car it keeps going why renew it ?

I think I am now :old: ... in if i can fix it why renew it attitude
As an old Engineer I do like fixing stuff , bit of fault finding & thinking
hopefully with the result of it works afterwards :mrgreen:
Feros Ferio

barney
Current ride: Buell ulysses

Postby barney » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:00 pm

Nutah wrote::yt:

Bangernomics as one article called it
replacing an older vehicle for something marginaly better on fuel , seems like a salesmans dream

although I have looked in the past, but some of today's cars are worse on fuel than the old ones , so I think I shall stick with the older cars
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08

edd

Postby edd » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:59 am

I drove past a garage in a small town in Herefordshire while out on deliveries the other day. There was a queue of cars from the garage entrance all the way to the edge of town. Then I saw why; unleaded £1.67 per litre! :shock:

As I trundled past in the Sprinter van, a quick calculation told me that it would cost me about £30 just to drive my own car to and from this remote spot. Even if I was a local, I’m not sure I would even drive10 miles to wait there in the heat just to save £15 on a fill up anyway! :?

Nutah

Postby Nutah » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:47 pm

maybe that counts as a holiday :sun: lOl
Feros Ferio

edd

Postby edd » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:38 am

Nutah wrote:maybe that counts as a holiday :sun: lOl

You indirectly have a point there ; going to exotic places like rural Herefordshire even in a boring delivery van is a free mini break each week for me! :yup: lOl

I was watching an interesting Yutube documentary about the energy supply market. The general theme was how our government has handled things rather badly compared with other countries. :?

The UK and Norway have had an equal stake in North Sea oil and gas over the last 45 years. Norway sensibly took a nationalised share in the business and saved profits and taxes for the benefit of its own general population. The comparison with the UK is shocking; the program stated that Norway now has the equivalent of £1 trillion saved in the bank! :shock:
I looked this up in a google search to check some facts. We made 470 billion dollars from North Sea in 45 years while Norway has earned itself 1.196 trillion dollars. The key question is how much have we put in the bank for the British people? Probably zilch as it’s all been spent on Black Friday, 2008 bank bailouts, and Covid emergency support like ‘check and trace’ or useless face masks! :headbang:

t965m
Current ride: Ducati Monster 950+

Postby t965m » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:36 pm

Prices are slowly coming down but there can be 10p difference between places. How can diesel be 15p more expensive than petrol - didn’t it used to be cheaper?

Still feels like we’re being shafted and that we should be grateful when it drops a few pence. I certainly don’t intend changing either vehicle any when soon, that’s for sure.
Better to Burn Out Than Fade Away

In the garage -

2001 X1
EBR 1190SX
KTM390 Duke
Ducati 950 Monster +
Ducati 1199
CCM Spitfire Scrambler

Return to “Social”