Another one bites the dust....

Off topic discussion and chat, registered forum members access only.
barney
Current ride: Buell ulysses

Re: Another one bites the dust....

Postby barney » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:26 am

:yup: many a true word said in jest :roll:
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08

barney

Postby barney » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:42 am

Nichelle Nichols .. Lt Uhura in Star Trek
https://www.theguardian.com/culture/202 ... -trek-dies

Finmows
Current ride: The wife

Postby Finmows » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:28 pm

I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills

Nutah
Current ride: X1 2001

Postby Nutah » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:42 pm

Finmows wrote:Judith Durham

link doesn't seem to be working :?:
Feros Ferio

att

Postby att » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:04 pm

This one thread is why I seldom visit here....It really is the most depressing fucking thing in the whole fucking world.

I know I am going to die and quite look forward to that day if the truth be known, but not for a while yet...\but this thread dominates the opening page and it just fucking well puts me off, I don`t want to see, nor do I care who has just fucking died.

This place deserves to die also, especially as it is this fucking thread that I see when first visiting.

Still, I suppose when you have Maz who is just waiting to die and his other fellow miserable fucking followers, what more can or could you expect?

Fucking RIP UKBEG????

gusm2
Current ride: 99 Cyclone M2

Postby gusm2 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:05 pm

Working for me :?:
Last year I joined a group for anti-social people
We haven't met yet.

Jazzbutcher
Current ride: Buell 1125R

Postby Jazzbutcher » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:29 am

att wrote:This one thread is why I seldom visit here....It really is the most depressing fucking thing in the whole fucking world.

I know I am going to die and quite look forward to that day if the truth be known, but not for a while yet...\but this thread dominates the opening page and it just fucking well puts me off, I don`t want to see, nor do I care who has just fucking died.

This place deserves to die also, especially as it is this fucking thread that I see when first visiting.

Still, I suppose when you have Maz who is just waiting to die and his other fellow miserable fucking followers, what more can or could you expect?

Fucking RIP UKBEG????

Hey Att, and the person who opens the thread to look at it is you, just FFFn' ignore it if you don't like it or want to read it.
Doesn't matter who writes it, or looks at it, or wants to follow who's died, that's up to them & they have their own reasons for that.
It certainly doesn't mean you need to open that thread & react to it.
As a matter of fact, for me anyway, the Judith Durham dying just reminded me to play that beautiful song she sang like a nightingale in the sixties called "the carnival is over" which indeed is pretty apt for her passing.
Maybe that's another way to look at the this kind of news eh?
As to be brutally honest, your ranting just makes you leak shit that you do need to say to someone, but it ain't me. I'm alive & loving every minute.
All the best Paul.
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.

Finmows

Postby Finmows » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:57 am

gusm2 wrote:Working for me :?:

Are you referring to "the thread" or "the link"?

Jazzbutcher

Postby Jazzbutcher » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:29 am

Jazzbutcher wrote:
att wrote:This one thread is why I seldom visit here....It really is the most depressing fucking thing in the whole fucking world.

Fucking RIP UKBEG????

Hey Att, and the person who opens the thread to look at it is you, just FFFn' ignore it if you don't like it or want to read it.
Doesn't matter who writes it, or looks at it, or wants to follow who's died, that's up to them & they have their own reasons for that.
As a matter of fact, for me anyway, the Judith Durham dying just reminded me to play that beautiful song she sang like a nightingale in the sixties called "the carnival is over" which indeed is pretty apt for her passing.
As to be brutally honest, your ranting just makes you leak shit that you do need to say to someone, but it ain't me. I'm alive & loving every minute.
All the best Paul.

Hey Att, Sorry mate, forgot about your situation momentarily.
I remember ranting lots of bollocks when I was looking after my father in law & people on here being far more tolerant than I've just been with you. Please accept my sincere apologies. Paul

gusm2

Postby gusm2 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:36 am

Finmows wrote:
gusm2 wrote:Working for me :?:

Are you referring to "the thread" or "the link"?

lOl
I was also reminded of hearing the Seekers singing "Rocking rolling riding" on Ed Stewarts Junior choice probably in the early 70's :old:

P.s confession I own a copy of the Seekers greatest hits CD :oooops:
We haven't met yet.

att

Postby att » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:44 pm

Jazzbutcher wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:

Fucking RIP UKBEG????

All the best Paul.

I remember ranting lots of bollocks when I was looking after my father in law & people on here being far more tolerant than I've just been with you. Please accept my sincere apologies. Paul

No need to apologise paul, but thanks....I used to be able to rant properly, these days it is a bit of a damp squib, I put that down to age :old: Glad I made it though.

You make a pertinent point though and it has allowed to realise why I dislike the thread so much...I was wondering why it got on my nerves so much, now I know thanks to you, so thank you so very much for that connection...Sometimes it is easier to see things when you are outside of a situation!

I owe you a good pint or three the next time we meet :yup:

att.

Jazzbutcher

Postby Jazzbutcher » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:05 pm

att wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:

Fucking RIP UKBEG????

All the best Paul.

No need to apologise paul, but thanks....I used to be able to rant properly, these days it is a bit of a damp squib, I put that down to age :old: Glad I made it though.

You make a pertinent point though and it has allowed to realise why I dislike the thread so much...I was wondering why it got on my nerves so much, now I know thanks to you, so thank you so very much for that connection...Sometimes it is easier to see things when you are outside of a situation!

I owe you a good pint or three the next time we meet :yup:

att.

Good on you Att. Take good care of yourself. Paul.

Finmows

Postby Finmows » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:07 pm

gusm2

Postby gusm2 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:28 pm

:sad1:
How come you're always first to know Martin....... have you another occupation on the side :?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We haven't met yet.

barney

Postby barney » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:57 pm

it was on the radio about tea time as I was driving back from Bristol

Return to “Social”