How bist?

Off topic discussion and chat, registered forum members access only.
gusm2
Current ride: 99 Cyclone M2

Re: How bist?

Postby gusm2 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:30 am

Or take it here and you won't be cleaning sand out of it for the next 3 months

https://straightliners.events/venue/elvington-airfield/

:idea:
Last year I joined a group for anti-social people
We haven't met yet.

Finmows
Current ride: The wife

Postby Finmows » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:22 am

gusm2 wrote:Or take it here and you won't be cleaning sand out of it for months

How did Saturday go?....quick I hope lOl
Did think about "stopping by" the 'pod on the way to Bedford, but went to Stoke Bruerne canal museum instead
Saturday night was absolutely fantastic, parked 15-20 yds to the entrance, small venue, about 120 people, not too loud, friendly, chat with the band afterwards, reasonable price for a pint (£4.20), affordable merch, hour and a quarter to get home....absolutely fantastic (apart from the room being upstairs which was a little inconvenient for the missus mobility)
Signed on to the bands email listing (so should get advance warnings of tours and gigs) DEFINITELY going to see them again! 8-)
I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills

barney
Current ride: Buell ulysses

Postby barney » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:01 pm

Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08

Finmows
Current ride: The wife

Postby Finmows » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:27 pm

barney wrote:fin have a look here
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23978&start=120 :(

Glad I didn't go ;) lOl
I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills

TOPGUMM
Current ride: S1`s

Postby TOPGUMM » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:42 pm

gusm2 wrote:Or take it here and you won't be cleaning sand out of it for the next 3 months

https://straightliners.events/venue/elvington-airfield/

:idea:

Can do that on M4 :shock:
Straightliners re surfaced Elvington and have stopped using other places because of that.

TOPGUMM
Current ride: S1`s

Postby TOPGUMM » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:39 pm

Got to go back to mot place as he`s put Harley Davidson XL 1203 on the paperwork :roll:
Told him X1 frame 1999, I know Buell carried on calling them S1`s for a while.....[/quote]

Went back and paid a tenner for new MOT and this time I filled it out on his computer with buell , Lightning x1 May 1999 as I didn`t have enough life left in me to see him struggle with it :old:

Nutah
Current ride: X1 2001

Postby Nutah » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:42 pm

:mrgreen: :yup:

took the X1 out for a run to charge up the battery :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

yeh was good
Feros Ferio

barney
Current ride: Buell ulysses

Postby barney » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:00 pm

Nutah wrote::mrgreen: :yup:

took the X1 out for a run to charge up the battery :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

yeh was good

Any excuse :hehe: :yup:
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08

edd
Current ride: XB9SX

Postby edd » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:07 pm

We went on another ride out today. It was another chance to join my friend with the Scram 411 before he returns to work next week. The RE is just about run in so we could up the speed slightly. It had been agreed that our next trip would be to Wiltshire to lunch at one of a couple of my favourite destinations. It was pure chance that 21st of June had been chosen, the first day of a rail strike, but I had also forgotten that it was also the Solstice. :roll:

We came south through Royal Wootton Bassett and Broad Town to the Avebury road. As we rolled through Avebury I could see that the place had begun to look like a fortress. There were police no parking cones for a mile and a half in every direction. The village centre itself looked worse with high wire mesh barriers to the Red Lion car park with security persons at a gap for access and a barrier towards the shops and museum areas. It looked like they were getting ready to repel some sort of invasion! :?

We carried on south past East Kennet and to one of my chosen pubs. When we arrived it was quiet with just a few people sat at the shaded tables outside the pub on a well kept lawn. We ordered drinks and food and sat down to enjoy an ideal location in glorious weather. :sun:
We had been eating and talking for nearly an hour when the first of the vans (older, plain painted and unmarked) started to arrive. The first couple sat on a table not far from us, and then it started; f*****g this, and shut your *****! As my mate commented, he didn’t need to look round to know what the young lady swearing looked like. They appeared to be of the ‘diggery haired smack heads’ fraternity arriving in the area for the Solstice celebrations. No not all are like that, but there’s is an element who give them a bad name. I know, I did attend Stonehenge a few years back and saw a few at that event. :sad1:

We decided to leave for pastures new. We rode west along the A4 and as we rode past Silbury Hill we saw that the car park there was also barriered off with security staff sat in a car and signs saying ‘tow away zone’. I can’t help but wonder what foreign visitors think when they see our ‘world heritage sites’ barriered off to deter a potential hoard of scaliwags? :? Maybe they have been prewarned to avoid the area at this time. :old:

On a lighter note we met a Spanish family who were looking for the crop circles! lOl My friend has some local knowledge and I have visited a few in years gone by, so we did our best to describe the sort of landscape to look, but we were unaware of any actual examples this year. Tourism is alive and well in darkest Wiltshire! ;)

Jazzbutcher
Current ride: Buell 1125R

Postby Jazzbutcher » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:16 pm

Been stripping this for the past 3 hours, stage one in prep for painting. Fitted some new Chinese clutch & brake levers in between as they arrived while I was doing the wheel and the break was welcome let me tell you. My back is killing me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.

Nutah
Current ride: X1 2001

Postby Nutah » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:42 pm

8-) looks good that :yup:
Feros Ferio

Jazzbutcher
Current ride: Buell 1125R

Postby Jazzbutcher » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:01 pm

Nutah wrote:8-) looks good that :yup:

Thanks Don,
Front one's done as well now. Wet n' drying the alloy smooth in between jobs and then just a matter of waiting for a few sunny days on the bounce to get the paint on.
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.

Return to “Social”