Sudden death

Off topic discussion and chat, registered forum members access only.
barney
Current ride: Buell ulysses

Re: Sudden death

Postby barney » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:28 pm

Maz wrote:We are all terminally ill from the moment that first cell divides in our mothers womb....

:yt: the countdown clock starts then , for some folks it's just a little faster than others
gusm2 wrote:
Maz wrote:Those pamphlets, along with the bowl cancer test kit the NHS decided to send me all go straight in the bin.

Mine too

You two must be older than me, I haven’t received any pamphlets ....yet , or an envelope to shit in.
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08

TOPGUMM
Current ride: S1`s

Postby TOPGUMM » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:38 pm

Maz wrote:Those pamphlets, along with the bowl cancer test kit the NHS decided to send me all go straight in the bin.

:twisted: I do them and think of the person who has the job of dealing with it all, shite job.

TOPGUMM

Postby TOPGUMM » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:47 pm

Anyway, I had a good blast on the bike today and it`s a thing I love.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

barney

Postby barney » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:40 am

:yup: It just feels right , probably an age thing , throughout life we swop and change and try different manufactures and styles of bike, and at this moment in time and probably for the rest of the time we have left the Buell ticks all the right boxes :worthy:

Nutah
Current ride: X1 2001

Postby Nutah » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:15 am

:yt: Barney
Feros Ferio

Finmows
Current ride: The wife

Postby Finmows » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:18 am

barney wrote:You two must be older than me, I haven’t received any pamphlets ....yet , or an envelope to shit in.

Or in the wrong job....they're through my letterbox at the rate of at least 2 a week...
Hold on......NHS ? ;) lOl
I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills

att

Postby att » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:57 am

Fuck me, this thread needs some sunshine...Why would you keep doing the same thing in your life if it makes you so miserable? I just don`t get that.

You can actually change your life if you want to, there is only one thing keeping you in the position that you do not enjoy and that is physically and mentally...So just fucking do something, life is a gift and it is a pure miracle that you are here at all and to squander that is just disrespectful to those that took the effort to have all those shags that resulted in you...

Just waking in the morning makes me happy, I am alive today and that is a bonus, it means I get to bring happiness into someones life one more day, I might even be able to help someone...I know I will laugh and smile today...I am up against it in a few ways....But I am going to turn those negatives into a positive and I might learn something about life, myself and others whilst I am doing that, everyday is a learning day, life is to be embraced, lived, experienced and not to be thrown away...But if someone chooses to do that, that is OK too, we are all different and to appreciate all those differences is life...No one sits in judgement, nor should they.

Life is precious and it is fleeting, so enjoy the fuck out of it while you have it.

Jazzbutcher
Current ride: Buell 1125R

Postby Jazzbutcher » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:38 pm

barney wrote::yup: It just feels right , probably an age thing , throughout life we swop and change and try different manufactures and styles of bike, and at this moment in time and probably for the rest of the time we have left the Buell ticks all the right boxes :worthy:

This guy came into a cafe I was at the other day, he was on a Daytona 955i & we got chatting. He asked me what I thought about the Buell.
I said that in terms of riding experience & tuneability my 1125r absolutely wipes the floor with all of the other 52 bikes I've owned in my life, it's the pinnacle of my motorcycling career.
He looked pretty surprised! Obviously never ridden one.
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.

TOPGUMM

Postby TOPGUMM » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:38 pm

Fuck it went to the pub tonight with the misses after her going to London to deal with shite and enjoyed the open mike night. I had been working in a roof space all day so was as dry as Maz`s laughter lines. lOl Glad to get out .

barney

Postby barney » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:51 am

:yt:
went to a local custom and classic car/ bike meeting last night at local village , very good turn out, lots of interesting vehicles and bumped into a few old friends' ex work mates I hadn't see for a few years .

edd
Current ride: XB9SX

Postby edd » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:37 pm

A good friend of mine was just getting over his wife leaving him, and a few weeks later his brother died! :?

I’ve been helping take his mind off things by doing a few ride outs. Yes getting out on a motorcycle helps get you out of things if only briefly. ;) The funeral is on Monday. :sad1: But he’s looking forward to us getting out on the bikes again as soon as. :clap:

My own financial and domestic situation doesn’t look like it’s going to get any better. I get myself absorbed in a hobby such as building my own record players. It becomes my own little world in which I can control the outcomes.....and eventually something really good comes from relatively little cost. Just recoated my XB muffler in a tasty matt black HT paint for this year. Little victories and accomplishments each day keep you sane. Best wishes to all! :old:

Dusty
Current ride: A black one
Location: Wales. The land of dragons, welshcakes and full reservoirs.

Postby Dusty » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:30 am

edd wrote:Little victories and accomplishments each day keep you sane.

:yup: Amen to that
Dusty 001

barney

Postby barney » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:22 am

edd wrote: I get myself absorbed in a hobby . It becomes my own little world in which I can control the outcomes..... Little victories and accomplishments each day keep you sane. :old:

:yt: :yup:

Finmows

Postby Finmows » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:10 pm

att wrote:Fuck me, this thread needs some sunshine... :mrgreen:
Just waking in the morning makes me happy, I am alive today and that is a bonus, it means I get to bring happiness into someones life one more day....
Life is precious and it is fleeting, so enjoy the fuck out of it while you have it.

Amen to that....yesterday was our 12th wedding anniversary, I woke her and was greeted with her usual loving smile, we had breakfast and then spent the afternoon wandering around the NMM 8-)

After that we went "dogging"...

Finmows

Postby Finmows » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:12 pm

:rotfl:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Social”