Isolation...

Off topic discussion and chat, registered forum members access only.
att

Isolation...

Postby att » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:05 am

...Is the wrong word really...Too many negative connotations for my liking.

Anyways, since moving to Portugal last October and not being able to drive or ride due to no licence, although I have illegally to get some contraband goods lOl I had not been in a supermarket often and certainly only twice since January.

We have one bus a week which doesn`t return, so no good, so we have food vans which visit and bring all we need really, so that is brilliant, they don`t always come, so it can be interesting, but never that bad that we don`t have anything to eat and now my food is on stream, we buy very little anyways.

So I got my licence on the 4th July and had a new bike waiting, so all good to go, trouble is I don`t want to go...I love riding the bike in the heat and fuck it is good, but |I find myself not wanting to go into places where there are people, I went to Castelo Branco on Monday to see about a car and to the supermarket for a few bits, but couldn`t be arsed going inside, it all seems so fucking futile, structured and boring...Sure there was things we needed, but I really couldn`t bring myself to go onside and do the prescribed trolley bollocks and check out shit, not interested....So just went for a proper ride and enjoyed myself.

I think being cut off from normal society for so long has allowed me to truly see the futility of it all, the bullshit, the same old shit we are all supposed to do, well they can fuck off, I ain`t doing it.

My house has fake marble floor tiles in the bathroom with lemon coloured tiles on the walls, it looks shit, but it is clean and it works, as does the shower with my bodged plumbing, it works, I don`t give a fuck how it looks, it ain`t there to impress people, it is their so I can scrub my bollocks and everything else and be clean, it works...Like the kitchen, I fucking hate fitted kitchens and the last place had an intergrated on and it was a fucking pain, so I stated....No fucking fitted kitchen, get to fuck with that bollocks, if someone don`t like the kitchen, well they can fuck off, I don`t fucking care, I really don`t give a fuck for all of this shit anymore, it is all bollocks.

I have gone feral and fucking well loving it,

FUCK THE WORLD. :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun:

barney
Current ride: Buell ulysses

Re: Isolation...

Postby barney » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:34 am

:yt: form over function , you see it all the time in adverts with the "must have " latest thing, consumer brain washing into spend spend spend when there is nothing wrong with the old one , and at times the old one, is of better quality then the new must have piece of crap.
on a personal note primarily due to medical reasons I have not had the "jab" and have chosen to impose a self-isolation for the last few years ,I live on my own .work on my own, part time ( HGV driver) , I tend to go shopping at unsociable hours when its quiet.
hobbies' , interests . motorcycling been to a few Buell gatherings, and another passion is flying radio controlled aircraft ( fix wing and Helicopter) so outside Hobbies in the fresh air , apart from that I see my Dad once a week with his shopping and do a bit of gardening and maintenance on his place , I am fortunate enough to have friends of 40 years who lives close by and tend to visit once a week , we talk about what’s going on in the world and reminisce on the old days ,when we both used to race.
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08

TOPGUMM
Current ride: S1`s

Postby TOPGUMM » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:32 am

Spent a year in a 4x4 touring Australia and the only places I liked going in were the secondhand shops which most small places had. Airconditoned food shops to stock up a months supply ,fuel ,water and off. Hated it when had to stay at a place to get a tooth pulled , was not in the mood for backpackers and nearly lumped a couple of shits who thought they were funny.
Other people I met in isolation were only too glad of conversation .

Jazzbutcher
Current ride: Buell 1125R

Postby Jazzbutcher » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:52 am

For 30 years my wife has called me a rebel without a cause. I was never sure how anyone could think that freedom wasn’t one. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve realised that freedom isn’t a cause at all. It’s a “State of Being” and now I understand that it has nothing to do with “the outside world”, all of the other systems we live in are just systems and don’t really matter that much.
Like minded people are a rare blessing and a cause for celebration.
That's my 2p worth.
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.

Nutah
Current ride: X1 2001

Postby Nutah » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:26 pm

:sun:
Feros Ferio

barney
Current ride: Buell ulysses

Postby barney » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:50 pm

Paul “Rebel without a cause” ,-
Well I too have been called a rebel in the past along with a few other names awkward, bloody minded, nonconformist, free spirited.
If we stand back and look at others around us in this group :uhoh: , we can see similar traits in all :yup: , that’s probably why we all chose to ride a Buell, a certain affinity with the man (Erik) or his creations :worthy: . As the saying goes Different in every sense :yup:
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08

Nutah
Current ride: X1 2001

Postby Nutah » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:20 pm

:yt: :yup:
Feros Ferio

Dusty
Current ride: A black one
Location: Wales. The land of dragons, welshcakes and full reservoirs.

Postby Dusty » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:34 pm

What Att says :yup:
For a combination of reasons I have shut off to society. I find face to face conversation banal and generally find people irritating.
I have not stepped foot in a supermarket for over 30 months and am in no rush to.
I realise I live in a fantastic location, have land that I can do what I want with. Some might say I am lucky, but you make your own luck and we have worked #ucking hard for what we have. I am fortunate to have my health and fill every minute of the day doing something. I rarely go out of the boundaries of my property unless I have to.
On a lighter note.........I find Att's "one bus a week which doesn`t return" feckin hilarious and intriguing at the same time, and "food vans" so much more interesting than the Tesco offering that rolls up here every week.
Dusty 001

att

Postby att » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:54 am

Dusty wrote:What Att says :yup:
For a combination of reasons I have shut off to society. I find face to face conversation banal and generally find people irritating.
I have not stepped foot in a supermarket for over 30 months and am in no rush to.
I realise I live in a fantastic location, have land that I can do what I want with. Some might say I am lucky, but you make your own luck and we have worked #ucking hard for what we have. I am fortunate to have my health and fill every minute of the day doing something. I rarely go out of the boundaries of my property unless I have to.
On a lighter note.........I find Att's "one bus a week which doesn`t return" feckin hilarious and intriguing at the same time, and "food vans" so much more interesting than the Tesco offering that rolls up here every week.

The bus...In the school holidays, it returns, which was something of a revelation and meant I could go and do stuff for my licence exchange...Last time I got the bus that returned I had a beer in the bar at the bus station and the old girls were making sure I got the right bus back and taking me under their wings lOl Once on the bus, the cakes and biscuits came out and we all had a good munch, then the napkins came around, very civilised here you know!

Food vans are like you used to get back in the UK, mobile shops, so they beep their horn and you go and choose what you need, we have two a week and one comes up our track to the end of our drive.

The baker calls on a Saturday and we buy bread for the week, he speaks reasonable english and was a teacher before he inherited the bakery, so I learn Portuguese from him when he calls and we put the world to rights :yup:

Last night I sat out until midnight, just staring into the stars and counting satellites, jesus there are a lot of satellites! I was listening to the crickets and frogs and not a drop of wind and my eyes adjusted so I could see the bats, of which there are many.

Things of note which have surprised me.

Snakes move at an incredible speed over the ground.
Giant great diving beetles bite and draw blood.
Centipedes can go 8 inches long and look terrifying close up.
Gecko`s can jump.
Spiders can jump.
Ants can jump....Everything bloody well jumps here!

If we could be as organised and as ordered as ants, we would be a remarkable species and live on the cleanest planet ever, they clean everything and they nicked my coriander seeds, watching them do it is fascinating though. They even went into the giant asiatic hornets nest I torched and dismembered all the hornets and brought them out in kit form! There is no problem an ant cannot overcome.

Homegrown galia melons are the food of kings.

Jill Brown
Nanny Brown

Postby Jill Brown » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:39 pm

Hey Att
Miss your chats on fb re growing veg and fruit. Hope all good with you. Sounds like you are doing ok and a avoiding the fires in Portugal. Keep safe.
Jill xx
Valencia Orange XB12Scg - serviced by Maz 2018
Black P3 Blast - serviced by Maz and fixed by Maz in 2019

Return to “Social”