facebook

Off topic discussion and chat, registered forum members access only.
Jazzbutcher
Current ride: Buell 1125R

facebook

Postby Jazzbutcher » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:32 pm

Anyone had a similar experience?
Thought I'd register for facebook about a week ago, purely so I could view the UKbeg pages on there.
First day my account was suspended.
Disagreed with the decision as I hadn't even been in at that point.
Had no option but to put my mobile phone number in to reactivate it. (which I hadn't as I wasn't sure who could see what in my profile at that point)
Went in again today, after viewing the page a few times in between.
FFFkin' suspended again.
Now they want a clear picture of my face, so they can tell it's me (which they say will never be shown on my profile & will be deleted immediately from their records). I don't believe that for a second as it doesn't make any sense!
What I'm really interested to know is, how the FFFk would they be able to tell it's me in the photo.
Might just send in a picture of any old fucker & see what happens.
To be honest facebooks shit anyway.
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.

Finmows
Current ride: The wife

Re: facebook

Postby Finmows » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:36 pm

Jazzbutcher wrote:Anyone had a similar experience?
What I'm really interested to know is, how the FFFk would they be able to tell it's me in the photo.
Might just send in a picture of any old fucker & see what happens.

Why not?....you haven't seen one of my accounts :rotfl:
I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills

barney
Current ride: Buell ulysses

Postby barney » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:55 am

paul I'm not on facebook , but with the computer at home I can go online to the facebook web page and view whats going on .
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08

Jazzbutcher

Postby Jazzbutcher » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:04 am

barney wrote:paul I'm not on facebook , but with the computer at home I can go online to the facebook web page and view whats going on .

Hi Barney, Yeah I used to be able to as well, but for some reason it stopped letting me view anything at all on Facebook without signing up.
So tried that, just wondered if anyone else was having similar ID issues, but to be totally honest I'm not interested enough to jump through any ID hoops for it.
I can find most stuff I want to view via various browsers (and control them much better) without any extra shit being shovelled onto my computer via facebook.
But thanks anyway. Paul.

Finmows
Current ride: The wife

Postby Finmows » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:05 am

Just as a thought...

Have you tried connecting through a VPN?
I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills

painauchoc
Current ride: 08 XB12SCG

Postby painauchoc » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:19 am

Hey, yeah, I've had the same but that's because I couldn't fathom how to use the 'authenticator' app on my phone to authenticate - had no idea what they were on about (despite not having this issue a couple of years ago - my phone number hasn't changed!) so clicked the 'I'm an idiot' link after which they wanted a photo of my driving licence - I gave up and sent it in the end, just so I could join the buell & honda groups on FB. Very annoying, but yes this is a more recent 'development'. Grrrr... F'ing hate FB!
Buell XB12SCG 08
Honda NC30 1989!
Kwak Vulcan S 19

Jazzbutcher

Postby Jazzbutcher » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:59 am

Finmows wrote:Just as a thought...

Have you tried connecting through a VPN?

No. Did have one till I realised it didn't actually cover my tracks at all. Still had to disable everything in my browsers anyway, so I just maintain that now.

I'm ok about not being on Facebook to be honest.

Thanks for the thought anyway.

Jazzbutcher

Postby Jazzbutcher » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:04 am

painauchoc wrote:Hey, yeah, I've had the same but that's because I couldn't fathom how to use the 'authenticator' app on my phone to authenticate - had no idea what they were on about (despite not having this issue a couple of years ago - my phone number hasn't changed!) so clicked the 'I'm an idiot' link after which they wanted a photo of my driving licence - I gave up and sent it in the end, just so I could join the buell & honda groups on FB. Very annoying, but yes this is a more recent 'development'. Grrrr... F'ing hate FB!

Yeah I did the authenticator via my phone a few days earlier & they texted to make sure, but they still want a pic anyway.
I'm more interested in my own privacy than facebook.

Thanks for letting me know.

Return to “Social”