It is currently 28 Mar 2024 19:26

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2019 18:35 

Primary chain tensioner a must , billet front engine mount , and buy a genuine Harley battery expensive but worth it, and :here: ,and a very good choice of Buell :yup:

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2019 14:47 

Current ride: Buell S1 lightening
Yep all of the above done and she started first prod , just need to get our friends at HMRC and the DVLA to agree I am allowed to register in the UK
Photos
I'd love to post some but have no idea how , if anyone can help I'd put some up

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2019 19:20 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
ref photo , use the post reply then scroll down to upload attachments and browse your computer directory to find file ( 2meg max) add the file click submit all done :yup:

Attachments:
IMGP0009.JPG
IMGP0009.JPG [ 2.2 MiB | Viewed 2143 times ]

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2019 19:28 

I'll have a go

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2019 19:51 

Here goes

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 113.1 KiB | Viewed 2159 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 93.97 KiB | Viewed 2159 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 145.34 KiB | Viewed 2159 times ]

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2019 19:56 
Site Admin

Oh dear ! :shut:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2019 20:02 

Ill post some more pics when I've cleaned it up a bit and done a couple of bits

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2019 07:23 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
nice pics :yup:
take your time and read up on what mods should / need to be done , brake disc /suspension unit / engine mount , drive belt looks a bit tight ,it needs to be slack ....very slack or suspension movement will over tighten it and put pressure on gearbox and rear wheel bearings , other tuber owns will be along shortly to add their comments I’m a fueler guy myself . :maz: maz is the great oracle of knowledge and experience with all things Buell , he can be a bit of a perfectionist and tells it like it is no airs or graces :4roz: well worth a visit or phone call :yup:
I see your are at Hinckley so only a couple of hours up to Manchester to see :maz:
he's got an open day in july when lots of Buell riders / enthusiasts turn up
you could check out others bikes see what they have done and why :idea:

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2019 08:49 

The bike has been stood inside for approx 12 years so the first job was to take out the plugs and spray copious amounts of WD40 in the bores , then after a day or so take her for a walk in top gear gently letting the engine turn , luckily all seems well . Next task was to clean out of the carb and the fuel tank/lines and at the same time dyna jet the carb .... All we need now was a battery ...... A few sheckles later and a mod on the battery tray to accept the Harley spec Battery , 300 cranks ? , saw me ready to press the yellow button , key in , all lights working I was optimistic, and amazingly she started first push with a tickle of choke .....she will start first time every time now and ticks over lovely so I am encouraged to go through the bike and bring it back to life , starting with a full engine service , release brake calipers which are sticking a bit , fit new tyres and drive belt . The previous owner worked at a Harley /Buell dealer in the states and owned the bike from new , I have been assured that all factory mods and recalls have been performed and have confirmed this to be correct with my local HD/Buell dealer on his database . With regard to other custom mods my intention is to leave the bike bogo standard unless any mods improve the ownership experiance dramatically.
I'll be back with more as it happens, but I do tend to drag my feet a little at times so pls be patient, this is a project bike and not my daily ride

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2019 11:00 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Greenson wrote:
The bike has been stood inside for approx 12 years so the first job was to take out the plugs and spray copious amounts of WD40 in the bores , then after a day or so take her for a walk in top gear gently letting the engine turn , luckily all seems well . Next task was to clean out of the carb and the fuel tank/lines and at the same time dyna jet the carb .... All we need now was a battery ...... A few sheckles later and a mod on the battery tray to accept the Harley spec Battery , 300 cranks ? , saw me ready to press the yellow button , key in , all lights working I was optimistic, and amazingly she started first push with a tickle of choke .....she will start first time every time now and ticks over lovely so I am encouraged to go through the bike and bring it back to life , starting with a full engine service , release brake calipers which are sticking a bit , fit new tyres and drive belt . The previous owner worked at a Harley /Buell dealer in the states and owned the bike from new , I have been assured that all factory mods and recalls have been performed and have confirmed this to be correct with my local HD/Buell dealer on his database . With regard to other custom mods my intention is to leave the bike bogo standard unless any mods improve the ownership experiance dramatically.
I'll be back with more as it happens, but I do tend to drag my feet a little at times so pls be patient, this is a project bike and not my daily ride

I think that looks like a pretty good bike. Hardly looks like a project mainly because it's stood on it's wheels, just looks like it needs a good clean.
All the best with nursing it back to how you want it & hope it all goes well for you Greenson.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2019 15:23 

Which Dealer told you all the recalls had been done? He should have noticed the rear shock without recourse to a Database! HD were also replacing the isolators FOC (upgrade rather than recall) for the later ones which don't break, but that boat, along with the shock recall, has long sailed. Also consider a billet front engine mount, as the originals are know to break and can often damage the cyl head casting when they do.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2019 15:29 

Just a thought, if you're not going to replace the rear shock, OF (on this site) is selling an SRP kit which was offered instead of a recall shock. These bolt onto you existing shock and hold it together in case it breaks, and prevents the bike folding. However, this kit is at best, a bodge, and doesn't address the real issues.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2019 16:20 

Current ride: m2 cyclone
Mmmm , im in leicester so hopefully see you at one of the bike nights

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2019 16:51 

Tell me more about these bike nights my friend
coco wrote:
Mmmm , im in leicester so hopefully see you at one of the bike nights

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2019 16:57 

Which Dealer told you all the recalls had been done? He should have noticed the rear shock without recourse to a Database! HD were also replacing the isolators FOC (upgrade rather than recall) for the later ones which don't break, but that boat, along with the shock recall, has long sailed. Also consider a billet front engine mount, as the originals are know to break and can often damage the cyl head casting when they do.

I'm a total novice with these Bikes so pls be gentle with me on this , how would the dealer know what shock I had fitted ?he hasn't seen the bike ?
What is a billet front engine mount , are there any threads /photos on this mod
All help appreciated , but in the end once I get her basically serviced legal and on the road I fancy the need to pop up to see the guru Maz and let him tell me if I should love it or list it as Kirsty and Phil say