It is currently 28 Mar 2024 19:22

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2019 17:56 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Hi Folks,
Derbyshire & Peak district run was attended by six Buell Owners.
I apologise firstly for not remembering all your names, but what I do remember is the experience & conversations & a vast amount of cakes that got eaten at the cafe stops. I also remember the fact that I left home at 10.00 & didn't get back in till 5.20 and that it felt like I'd only been out a couple of hours.
Anyway the ride started as planned at 11 ish, some fueled at the Local Sainsburys, there was a little hitch with a clutch/neutral light switch for one of the bikes on route' which fortunately provided the opportunity for Osteveo's pic with four of the Buells & Chatsworth House in the background whilst we waited for the others. We decided to ride to the nearest Cafe which was at Grindleford Station to stop & assess the situation, eat cake, bacon butties & a plate of chips some kind lady gave us.
The switch problem seemed to have righted itself so we decided to run to the next Cafe to re-check it was fine. We stopped again at Hathersage's Pool Cafe just another couple of miles further on after taking in the (not so breathtaking) "Surprise View". This is a view from height that looks right along the Hope Valley to Mam Tor, unfortunately it was misty & you couldn't see shit. Martin with his white X1 had to leave at this point as he had arranged to meet his missus & son back at Matlock Bath, so we arranged to meet him back there. The rest of us had more cake and one of the guys had a rather hefty dry scone which brought on a conversation about the "Stoning laws" passed in where ever and a variety of tales of the TT races & travel & accommodation experiences.
Whilst we sat at the cafe the mistiness had only cleared very slightly & it was decided to take the quicker route back to Matlock Bath taking in the view Of Burbage Edge & Froggat Edge (impressive rock outcrops) from the underside as we ran alongside the river Derwent on the way to Bakewell.
We Paraded through Bakewell without stopping followed the Derwent river returning to Matlock Bath.
We all had a stroll along the Riverside looking at the range of bikes & a quick stop at the Triumph Display. Martin & his Son found us eating more cake outside the Banque Cafe watching a few nutters blasting past at ridiculous speeds, whilst a few of us reminisced with various stories about our times down the coal mines whilst Pepper 2 explained he had been working at the Dowty Prop factory that supplied all of the hydraulic props for not just the coal mines but the (Phosphate?) mines which he had also been down.
Pepper 2 was on his highly modded XB12 which I couldn't stop drooling over.
I also rode with Osteveo back to the A38 to show him a shorter way back to the M1 in which time we swapped bikes for a while. Jesus I thought my 1125r ran well now after the work I'd done to it, Osteveo's CR blew it out the water, F**K!
Very easy going laid back day.
Thanks for your time guys, it was a great day thanks to you all.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2019 20:10 

Current ride: 1125 CR, XT500, 750S
Location: Tiddly village near the throbbing metropolis of Rugby
Cheers for organising Jazz....and it was great to meet everyone....great bunch.
It was interesting to have a ride of yours, so different with the riding position and noise of the pipe and of course the slightly different gearing compared to my CR. Yours was good and smooth and pulled like a train so at least your work paid off ! You'll have to ride mine on a winding A road to fully appreciate it....I love my CR!!.....wouldn't mind a swap with pepper2 though... :D
Cheers again, and let's keep the "home" rides going as we all agreed....hopefully a good summer of riding ahead of us.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2019 23:35 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Ohsteveo wrote:
Cheers for organising Jazz....and it was great to meet everyone....great bunch.
It was interesting to have a ride of yours, so different with the riding position and noise of the pipe and of course the slightly different gearing compared to my CR. Yours was good and smooth and pulled like a train so at least your work paid off ! You'll have to ride mine on a winding A road to fully appreciate it....I love my CR!!.....wouldn't mind a swap with pepper2 though... :D
Cheers again, and let's keep the "home" rides going as we all agreed....hopefully a good summer of riding ahead of us.

Hi Steve,
It was just one of my normal weekend runs like everyone has I guess, no organisation skills necessary although self cancelling indicators for me if I lead another one of mine Heh heh, sorry about that guys, just didn't have my head on it at all.
I'm up for riding your local roads Rugby, or Martins was it Stamford? or the Retford guys, I'd like to ride Pepper 2's bike never mind his home runs ha ha.
Get your head together with Martin & get a ride sorted down your way like we said, no-one really gives a shit as long as it has enough cafe stops.
C'mon folks, everyone has their favourite home runs that are ace, get them on the site & do them with half a dozen or so other Bueller's from around your area.
We could perhaps also get into sportier routes or more spirited routes advertised as such as well.
Ah thanks for the kind words re my 1125r but it isn't the A/B road blaster I had hoped for, it's a free revvin' rocketeer with a left side skipping front wheel.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2019 23:13 

Current ride: 1125r XB12X
:yup: :yup:

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2019 22:50 

Current ride: X1 Lightning
Great to meet some different Buell guys, chewed the fat and cake then enjoyed a steady bimble around Derbyshire. To many cake stops as dinner took some getting down when home! Good chat about old times between cake then more cake! Let’s hope we get more miles in next time, more meets are essential for the local cafes & bakers. Till next time guys.

The world maybe round but you can still find the Edge.