It is currently 24 Apr 2024 13:30

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2019 12:14 

Sorry, I won’t be joining you either, I just recovering from a week in bed with the ‘flu. Top side is, I’ve sweated off nearly 6lbs lOl Have a good day folks 8-)

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2019 22:53 

Current ride: X1 2001
:shock: this Flu must be a top shag then ;) :rotfl: :rotfl:

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2019 12:52 
Think Pink

Current ride: Awesome Ulysses & X1
Nutah wrote:
:shock: this Flu must be a top shag then ;) :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2019 12:59 
Think Pink

Current ride: Awesome Ulysses & X1
Enjoyed a grand ride down and back from the meet ,Good to see quite a fewthere and catch up ... and there bikes :yup: :D

Attachments:
20191229_135715.jpg
20191229_135715.jpg [ 259 KiB | Viewed 4550 times ]
20191229_131205.jpg
20191229_131205.jpg [ 510.15 KiB | Viewed 4550 times ]
20191229_131157.jpg
20191229_131157.jpg [ 528.45 KiB | Viewed 4550 times ]
20191229_111424.jpg
20191229_111424.jpg [ 351.62 KiB | Viewed 4550 times ]
CABIN FEVER MEET.jpg
CABIN FEVER MEET.jpg [ 210.05 KiB | Viewed 4550 times ]

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2019 17:27 

Current ride: X1 2001
:sun: :sun: :yup:

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2019 04:05 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
good turn out :sun: :yup:

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2020 15:04 

Current ride: XB9SX
ursus americanus wrote:
Shame the other event hasn’t been promoted or I would have been up for it. As it is there are quite a few people committed to going to the NMM including Dunno who is always there, doesn’t use Facebook and just occasionally drops in here.

Real shame and don’t want to be in the situation of furthering a split but think the onus was on the “splitters” to make a change of location plain if that was what they wanted to do.

Steve

I had been low for a while with the flu or l would have! :sad1:

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2020 11:44 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
edd wrote:
ursus americanus wrote:
Shame the other event hasn’t been promoted or I would have been up for it. As it is there are quite a few people committed to going to the NMM including Dunno who is always there, doesn’t use Facebook and just occasionally drops in here.

Real shame and don’t want to be in the situation of furthering a split but think the onus was on the “splitters” to make a change of location plain if that was what they wanted to do.

Steve

I'm not sure viewing the other site as "Splitters" is a good idea, or very friendly to be honest.
They are Buell owners as well as Guzzi & Ducati owners, what's the problem?
I also find it quite arrogant to expect any other site to take this site into consideration when they're planning events simply because we have one on the same day (or got there first).
It's another forum, they can do what they like. Maybe we should be a lot more accommodating to other sites or even amalgamate to keep the ever rising costs down?
Just an idea.
Just as a matter of interest, I'm in conversation with Twin Motorcycles in Holland, (hence my absence from this site) those guys are really excellent, extremely helpful, informative, very progressive, highly supportive and willing to discuss any ideas I have despite the language problems.
I highly recommend them.

Happy New Year everyone.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2020 18:03 

Current ride: S1W,S2T,1125CR
Jazzbutcher wrote:
edd wrote:
ursus americanus wrote:

Steve

I'm not sure viewing the other site as "Splitters" is a good idea, or very friendly to be honest.
I also find it quite arrogant to expect any other site to take this site into consideration when they're planning events simply because we have one on the same day (or got there first).
It's another forum, they can do what they like. Maybe we should be a lot more accommodating to other sites or even amalgamate to keep the ever rising costs down?
Just an idea.
Just as a matter of interest, I'm in conversation with Twin Motorcycles in Holland, (hence my absence from this site) those guys are really excellent, extremely helpful, informative, very progressive, highly supportive and willing to discuss any ideas I have despite the language problems.
I highly recommend them.

Happy New Year everyone.

I'm sure you're aware of Monty Python, JB so you'll be aware of the origin of the expression. You're probably not so aware of the 21 year history of UKBEG and the 20 year history of ukbeg.com to qualify you to make comments like that. I class the "splitters" as friends just as I do the guys at Twin Motorcycles for whom I recently collected a UKBEG calendar from Maz and posted it to them.

Do a search on Cabin Fever over the past sixteen years and read the red print at the bottom of the home page of the other site (it's not a forum) and you may be a little wiser.

Happy New Year to you too .

Steve

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2020 20:46 
Site Admin

Thanks Steve, you saved me the bother....you should've been a politician as I wouldn't have been so diplomatic in pointing out that as usual Jazz is talking about something he knows nothing about !

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2020 23:37 

ursus americanus wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
edd wrote:
ursus americanus wrote:

Steve

Just an idea.
I highly recommend them.

Happy New Year everyone.

I'm sure you're aware of Monty Python, JB so you'll be aware of the origin of the expression. You're probably not so aware of the 21 year history of UKBEG and the 20 year history of ukbeg.com to qualify you to make comments like that. I class the "splitters" as friends just as I do the guys at Twin Motorcycles for whom I recently collected a UKBEG calendar from Maz and posted it to them.

Do a search on Cabin Fever over the past sixteen years and read the red print at the bottom of the home page of the other site (it's not a forum) and you may be a little wiser.

Happy New Year to you too .

Steve

Sorry Steve, I'm not that familiar with Monty Python so don't understand whatever expression you were talking about. Neither am I aware of UKBEG's 20 year history, I wonder how many new members have taken that trouble?
I was commenting on your written text as I saw it without these benefits. As I will continue to do as funnily enough history seems to reveal itself that way as necessary.
I'm not actually too bothered what went on during that history as it belongs to those that were there and has nothing to do with me I'm afraid.
I do understand that my reaction was out of context with your true meaning, but I wasn't to know that.
My apologies if I offended you. Paul

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2020 23:59 

Maz wrote:
Thanks Steve, you saved me the bother....you should've been a politician as I wouldn't have been so diplomatic in pointing out that as usual Jazz is talking about something he knows nothing about !

Maz can you say it with more feeling next time? I wasn't sure you meant it.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2020 00:09 
Site Admin

Mate, sometimes it's better to let people think you know nothing than actually saying something and proving them right :idea:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2020 03:29 

Maz wrote:
Mate, sometimes it's better to let people think you know nothing than actually saying something and proving them right :idea:

I was tempted to hit the reply button but I thought it best to leave it to others. Just to say that the splitters as they are known are splitters and they do have long term form in this respect it's nothing new and certainly nothing that anyone is bothered about as far as I know. What is lamentable is that someone thinks a good idea to create a competing website which is just plain bloody stupid. Those of long standing will know why. But the hint is in the UKBEG banner at the top right of the page. The one that I made around Y2k and Ash modified some time later.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2020 07:43 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
Maz wrote:

:yt: :worthy: