It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:23

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 16 May 2009 10:38 

Well mr Johnnyboy for ur info Ive got 2 harleys 1 buell x1 one softail , think that makes me a rider dont you, fukin tyre kicker were do you pricks get of on, think im taking over from mr Att, being mr nasty, As for John well you could be rite chap you may not ave heard me but has everyone who do know me can tell you um not the quiet shy type you would of heard me :mrgreen: anyway welcome to dg20

PostPosted: 16 May 2009 11:02 
Milf Hunter

Current ride: '98 S1
Gazza wrote:
Weather looks a bit shite for the weekend but I might amble down for a try on the CR before sending my photo bit off for an update. Got a letter the other day "update your photo section for £20 or we'll fine you £1,000". Nice :shut:

Make sure you copy everything. Lots of horror stories about classes being removed from licence. :evil:

PostPosted: 16 May 2009 11:03 
gypsy wrote:
Well mr Johnnyboy for ur info Ive got 2 harleys 1 buell x1 one softail , think that makes me a rider dont you, fukin tyre kicker were do you pricks get of on, think im taking over from mr Att, being mr nasty, As for John well you could be rite chap you may not ave heard me but has everyone who do know me can tell you um not the quiet shy type you would of heard me :mrgreen: anyway welcome to dg20

I'm a prick? My point was simple, were you in there to buy something or not? If I spent all day talking to car owners that just wanted to shoot the breeze I would never get any work done or cars sold, as much as a social place DG20 is (pop in for a coffee, game of pool, chit chat etc) the guys there also have a job to do, so if someone was on the phone/computer maybe they were dealing with a actual customer?

"think that makes me a rider dont you"

I think you're some sort of "Rider"

PostPosted: 16 May 2009 11:58 

Whenever I've been to DG20 they have been nothing but pleasant & friendly, whether it is to buy a bike, parts or just have a look round the bikes & a coffee ... people moan about being 'jumped on' by eager salesmen then on the other hand complain about being ignored.

The service I got from all the staff at DG20 when I collected my Sportster on the Sunday after Darren was tragically killed, was second to none, the staff were so professional that day, despite everyone's shock & upset - I was so moved I wrote a letter of compliment to Willie G himself (and got a lovely reply!).

Remember, you are treated how you treat others - if you think someone has 'ignored' you, perhaps make the point of smiling & making sure they heard you rather than being very rude & ranting on here about it ...!

PostPosted: 16 May 2009 12:37 
jonnyboyrebel wrote:
Funny isn't it, people complain about being jumped on by salesman the second they get to a dealership yet let them walk around in their own space without a salesman hassling them and this happens. I've always maintained you have to be a mind reader in the motortrade!

Just out of interest Gypsy were you "just looking" or "looking to buy"?
If my garage got as many "tourists/windowshoppers/tyrekickers" as DG20 I'd have pulled whats left of my hair out!

Totaly agree JBR, after ten years in the bike trade i never found the perfect formula for customer greeting. Usualy found a smile and hello would break the ice, and those who wanted help right off, would usualy say so, those who didn't, would just say hi back and wander about the stock...then a quick cursory "you ok?" after a while longer if they're still looking would confirm one way or another...but there's now right way.

In ten years, and around 3000 bikes sold, i had just two incidents like with Gypsy here..(and both of them stick out more than any other because both of them made themselves look total wankers by showing off like a spoilt child because i couldn't give them my undivided attention, its just horrible when someone starts on you for no real fault of your own, and that's when they have the guts to say it to your face, let alone on a public forum after the event)...

Sometimes you just can't get away from what's engrosing you and loose sight of what's most important, and that's attending to customers...and when you are...but another one wants your attention too..it's a no-win situation...you just hope they have the patience to understand and wait a moment.

Such a shame to see a return to the old chestnut of "DockGate bashing" again too...ho hum..!

PostPosted: 16 May 2009 15:56 

In 30+ years in the retail motor business, I've never knowingly ignored anyone - except the t*sser who felt it was OK to attract my attention by whistling at me from the far end of a showroom back in my Mercedes-Benz days. I'm not a bloody labrador.

If I'm busy, just get it my eye-line and then I'll both see and hear you, and you'll get my undivided.

John

PostPosted: 16 May 2009 19:14 

I met Gypsy briefly this afternoon, and we shook hands.

:)

PostPosted: 16 May 2009 19:20 

:yup: :4roz:

PostPosted: 16 May 2009 19:34 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
Principal wrote:

So that's a sale then? Did he buy a Ully?

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 00:31 

Principal wrote:

I hope you scrubbed thoroughly afterwards! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, Pikey, love ya really but the voices, they made me... ;)

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 00:42 

Any one going down to day :D

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 05:38 

deepsix wrote:
Principal wrote:

So that's a sale then? Did he buy a Ully?

No. I was busy doing something on my computer.....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 09:21 
Needs more cowbell

Current ride: None
:hehe:

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 11:47 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
Tug wrote:

Yeah popping down soon, may shoot over to Loomies tooDucati day

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 14:31 

Current ride: X1 2001
Tug wrote:

No but ,rode past on my way to muddiford quay

Last edited by Nutah on 17 May 2009 15:54, edited 1 time in total.