It is currently 22 Sep 2024 04:29

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Tubbs Silencer Mod
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2016 21:57 

Current ride: XB12XT
After getting my XB12XT last year I wanted to change the exhaust to something with a better sound, but I was put off by reports of excessively loud exhausts, loss of torque / need for remapping and the prices of some of the after market options. After reading a few good reviews of the Buell work Tubbs has done in the past I contacted him though this forum and he convinced me the mod he does to the stock XB12 silencer would work with a standard EEPROM and wouldn't be too loud, so I sent my silencer down to him to work his magic on.
He took just under two weeks to get the silencer back to me (the paint takes longer to dry in the winter). I couldn't be happier with the result, the sound is deep but not too loud, there aren't any flat spots in the power delivery anywhere and the bike feels like it's breathing better/ feels less restricted. I'm using the EBR B3R2D / M31PA282 EEPROM, which I was running with the standard siliencer, but with the exhaust valve turned off and the baro sensor enabled (see post in tech section). I spent three and a half hours riding 120 miles today (mostly rural A and B roads) and the bike ran very well. When I got back I connected the bike to ECMSpy and the AFV was 99.7 which suggests the EEPROM is pretty much right. I'm going to do some logging runs once the weather gets better but I'm not expecting to have to make too many adjustments.

thanks Tubbs

:D

Post subject: Re: Tubbs Silencer Mod
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2016 22:20 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
Sounds like a good result, but three and a half hours to do 120 miles means it's only doing about 35 mph. I'd have thought it should go faster than that :D

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2016 22:33 

Current ride: XB12XT
deepsix wrote:
Sounds like a good result, but three and a half hours to do 120 miles means it's only doing about 35 mph. I'd have thought it should go faster than that :D

I did stop to pick up some transmission oil from the Harley dealer and then again for lunch later on. There were some fast bits and slow bits to the ride (it was Saturday after all, and people get their cars out just to get in my way :D )

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2016 00:29 

Current ride: 06 12R
I've a Tubbs modded can, thanks to Mo, on my Firebolt.

Cracking work. :yup:

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2016 00:52 
There's a Tubbs mod on my Firebolt too... :yup:

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2016 09:48 

Current ride: m2 cyclone
i went albert route on both of mine , stainless so will last a lot longer :sun: