It is currently 28 Sep 2024 00:23

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 79 Next
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2009 17:32 

Like this one :?:

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2009 18:12 
ph4824 wrote:
THE FLYING DUCHMAN wrote:
Go back to the dealer and tell them to put it back the way it was or its court action for them. Get a lawer to right to them as well.

If the Buell ECU update is irreversible then what can the HD do? Can't see threatening like that will solve anything except put their backs up and then you get nowhere?

The previous posts state what to do. I am not suggesting threats just the law if needed.

This sort of thing ring any bells PH4824
Quote:
only after a HD service did I have problems

I am saying they should sort it and they would if it was MY bike. But then again I tell them what I want done to the bike and not to change any part of the bikes settings. I have had all that sort of rubbish in the past. I only went to HD while the bike was under warranty. I see very little point in going back again.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2009 18:26 
ph4824 wrote:
Go back to the dealer and tell them to put it back the way it was or its court action for them. Get a lawer to right to them as well.

If the Buell ECU update is irreversible then what can the HD do? Can't see threatening like that will solve anything except put their backs up and then you get nowhere?

The previous posts state what to do. I am not suggesting threats just the law if needed.

This sort of thing ring any bells PH4824
Quote:
only after a HD service did I have problems

I am saying they should sort it and they would if it was MY bike. But then again I tell them what I want done to the bike and not to change any part of the bikes settings. I have had all that sort of rubbish in the past. I only went to HD while the bike was under warranty. I see very little point in going back again.

I agree they should sort the problem. In my experience bridges get burned when I've been persistent. Regarding my problem - well I was onto the HD manager first chance I had when my header popped as I suspected that maybe the service dept might have removed the front header in order to remove the plastic panel above them but was met with a defensive reply. My experience with Plymouth HD has been far from a happy one, nothing big just poor customer service from day 1. I won't be going back apart from maybe servicing during warranty, even then I might travel to Bridgewater instead!

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2009 18:32 
Maz wrote:
You seem to think I have a problem with you personally.......dont flatter yourself :roll:
I couldn't give a shit who did the work, if it was done as you described, then that's almost certainly why you're having problems now.

Well yes I do actually. You never seem to join in with much I post here from time to time unless its a snipe at me like you did on this one. If you are so convinced the work to replace my headers has cause the problem then why not post the likely cause and be constructive about it rather than jumping to conclusions with "I told you so" every chance you get? The truth is Plymouth HD + Riders have had a look and could not find anything wrong. Thats not to say there isn't a problem but you havn't even seen my bike yet you seem to think you know best? :roll:

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2009 18:44 
Site Admin

I see bikes like yours all the time....I do this for a living :idea:

I find it incredible that you believe your warranty should be honoured and that dealers should be diligent, even after you've effectively invalidated your warrenty by fitting non approved after market parts yourself.......if a dealer had agreed to fit them for you, then you might have recourse....as it is, if I were a dealer, I would log your warranty as voided.

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2009 19:25 
Maz wrote:
I see bikes like yours all the time....I do this for a living

I know. You seem to be a real source of help for most people here but you seem to have taken a dislike to me right from the start?

Maz wrote:
I find it incredible that you believe your warranty should be honoured and that dealers should be diligent, even after you've effectively invalidated your warrenty by fitting non approved after market parts yourself.......if a dealer had agreed to fit them for you, then you might have recourse....as it is, if I were a dealer, I would log your warranty as voided.

What do you mean warranty honored? Are you saying that because I had a CE approved exhaust designed for my bike fitted, that it voids my warranty completely? That would mean most bikers who buy new bikes have their warranties void when they fit after market parts.

I do understand that if a problem occurred as a result after market parts fitted then this could/would void any warranty claim for that issue but not void the whole warranty. Problem is that before and during buying my bike I asked Plymouth HD questions about which exhaust and accessories. They made some small suggestions but didn't really know the Buells well enough and they didn't want to get involved and left it all up to me. They suggested that I fit a K+N and a Powerizer if fitting an after market exhaust. Then they blamed those parts that they suggested when I returned with a fault - You can't win!

My problem as said all started when the front header popped out and fixed on the side of the road. It's not rocket science to refit a header pipe with 2 nuts! Maybe it was coincidence?

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2009 19:38 

I'm reluctant to get involved in this thread since it appears you don't really listen, however, if you have non factory approved 3rd party parts fitted that then give you problems then I would have thought that the issues were the responsibility of the parts supplier (providing all is fitted 100% correctly) and/or the trader who actually fitted them?

Why you should expect your modified bike to still be under the dealer warranty I can't work out. Myself, I would presume that any dealer that agrees to fit the things would warrant them. I should think that any dealer would only warrant unknown 3rd party work as good will, I suspect. And I think they'd be well within their terms of warranty to refuse cover when non factory approved 3rd party modifications are made by others.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2009 19:38 
I remember this

http://www.ukbeg.com/archive/modules.ph ... ic&t=33793

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2009 19:50 
03 wrote:
I'm reluctant to get involved in this thread since it appears you don't really listen, however, if you have non factory approved 3rd party parts fitted that then give you problems then I would have thought that the issues were the responsibility of the parts supplier (providing all is fitted 100% correctly) and/or the trader who actually fitted them?

Why you should expect your modified bike to still be under the dealer warranty I can't work out. Myself, I would presume that any dealer that agrees to fit the things would warrant them. I should think that any dealer would only warrant unknown 3rd party work as good will, I suspect. And I think they'd be well within their terms of warranty to refuse cover when non factory approved 3rd party modifications are made by others.

I'm confused by your post? At what point have I not listened? At what point have I even suggested that I expect a freebie if the fault was found to be because of the parts I've fitted?

Are you saying that because I've fitted an aftermarket exhaust that this voids a warranty claim for lets say a possible problem with the brakes, frame, suspension, clocks, wheels, belt etc etc? If not then my bike is still under warranty is it not? If you are saying that any running problems are because of my exhaust well thats a different matter and I would expect to foot the bill to rectify the problem if that was proven. However, I asked MANY questions on this site and elsewhere before changing my stock exhaust and in the end I bought probably one of the most expensive exhaust systems you can buy for my bike which was also recommended by someone on here who did the same. It was also fitted by someone is experienced in fitting exhausts on my bike also. If my intermittent running problems are the cause then I fail to see how I could have made a better decision at the time considering all the advice I received to which I "listened" to everyone!

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2009 19:59 

ph4824 wrote:
Are you saying that because I've fitted an aftermarket exhaust that this voids a warranty claim for lets say a possible problem with the brakes, frame, suspension, clocks, wheels, belt
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I would think that if you get a warranty claim accepted on your bike then it is through goodwill rather than entitlement. Others may have different expectations and experiences.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2009 20:16 
03 wrote:
ph4824 wrote:
Are you saying that because I've fitted an aftermarket exhaust that this voids a warranty claim for lets say a possible problem with the brakes, frame, suspension, clocks, wheels, belt
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I would think that if you get a warranty claim accepted on your bike then it is through goodwill rather than entitlement. Others may have different expectations and experiences.

Well thats rediculas! I've never heard of that before. No one mentioned changing the exhaust would void my 2 year warranty with Buell on this forum either! Infact I was on the phone to Riders of Bridgewater yesterday for about an hour and they never mentioned that either. The only thing they said was that if my problem was being caused by my exhaust then this could be difficult getting it resolved under warranty - which is only reasonable. They also said that when they fault find on bikes, unless they find the fault the time they put in is not reimbursed by Buell, but only when a result has been found.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2009 20:55 
It would seem that If someone doesn't follow someone's advise they are accused of "not listening". I received much advice and could not possibly follow everything offered. That is not to say I didn't listen but I made choices based on what I wanted, when I wanted it and what was affordable and what was feasible for me. How people can say you are not listening is laughable!

Anyway this is all going off the original topic. Because my problem is intermittent in nature looking for the source of my problem is going to take some time. I was hoping for some helpful advise of which some I've received, the rest have been digs - not helpful!

I will post again on this subject but can we move on regarding "I told you so" it's not helpful. At this point I only have suspicions as to the problem being a heat related one with no firm evidence either way if my aftermarket exhaust is at fault or not.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2009 21:55 
ph4824 wrote:
Well my ongoing problem with it running lumpy and sometimes stalling happened again today. I'm beginning to think it's heat related. Rode about 10miles doing a steady 70/75mph. Stopped at tescos to refuel then pulled up in the car park to meet some others. After about 10min we rode off. It was at this point my bike started in this lumpy mode. The tickover was up and down to the point it stalled. Pulling away at a junction and it nearly stalled again. I have to keep the revs up manually when this happens to prevent a stall. When accelerating, when it's like this, the bike pulls but it's a rather flat experience and really lumpy in traffic. Anyway, rode the bike for a few miles afterward doing a steady 30-40mph through windy roads and the bike naturally improved. I'm convinced it's a cooling problem. My bike stops, fan kicks in and shuts down when it's finished but I think the rear cylinder is still cooking. Turn the bike on and I think the rear cylinder by then is so hot that the ECU is shutting down that cylinder until the temp drops - hence why my bike is running poorly from time to time after a stop. Why it's an intermittent problem is beyond me. Todays temperature was not exactly warm either!! Where I go from here is unclear?

So, maybe Buell were aware of this and thats why they introduced a R/H scoop and adjusted the fan to kick in when above 15mph?? They are obviously trying to cool the rear cylinder as much as possible - why? - probably because they've had problems maybe? But what do I know, I'm only the customer!

This sounds like the Earth Gremlin. Go to my post about it. It has taken me nearly two years to find it on my bike. Mechanical things do not, most of the time, do this sort of thing. No logic to it. You have become confused and going off "in all directions" rather than sorting one thing at a time.

Diagnose and prove one thing at a time, in a logical manner, until the fault is found. Even if you have to put the bike back to stock to do it.

Oh and any dealer can void a warranty for use of none OEM parts. That is for everything - bikes, cars, cookers, dish washers, ICBMs, M-16s, etc. If a HD dealer fitted the can then he should fix the problem if it is with the can.

I cannot remember all the details of your bike - year, miles, mods, etc. The bike needs 4k to bed in and, IMO not fully run until 6-8k, is still running very hot. Tracing an intermittent problem is very hard even "hands on" and it will be almost impossible via Net Posts.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2009 22:07 

Current ride: CZ 350!
ph4824 wrote:
Well my ongoing problem with it running lumpy and sometimes stalling happened again today. I'm beginning to think it's heat related. Rode about 10miles doing a steady 70/75mph. Stopped at tescos to refuel then pulled up in the car park to meet some others. After about 10min we rode off. It was at this point my bike started in this lumpy mode. The tickover was up and down to the point it stalled. Pulling away at a junction and it nearly stalled again. I have to keep the revs up manually when this happens to prevent a stall. When accelerating, when it's like this, the bike pulls but it's a rather flat experience and really lumpy in traffic. Anyway, rode the bike for a few miles afterward doing a steady 30-40mph through windy roads and the bike naturally improved. I'm convinced it's a cooling problem. My bike stops, fan kicks in and shuts down when it's finished but I think the rear cylinder is still cooking. Turn the bike on and I think the rear cylinder by then is so hot that the ECU is shutting down that cylinder until the temp drops - hence why my bike is running poorly from time to time after a stop. Why it's an intermittent problem is beyond me. Todays temperature was not exactly warm either!! Where I go from here is unclear?

So, maybe Buell were aware of this and thats why they introduced a R/H scoop and adjusted the fan to kick in when above 15mph?? They are obviously trying to cool the rear cylinder as much as possible - why? - probably because they've had problems maybe? But what do I know, I'm only the customer!

This sounds like the Earth Gremlin. Go to my post about it. It has taken me nearly two years to find it on my bike. Mechanical things do not, most of the time, do this sort of thing. No logic to it. You have become confused and going off "in all directions" rather than sorting one thing at a time.

Diagnose and prove one thing at a time, in a logical manner, until the fault is found. Even if you have to put the bike back to stock to do it.

Oh and any dealer can void a warranty for use of none OEM parts. That is for everything - bikes, cars, cookers, dish washers, ICBMs, M-16s, etc. If a HD dealer fitted the can then he should fix the problem if it is with the can.

I cannot remember all the details of your bike - year, miles, mods, etc. The bike needs 4k to bed in and, IMO not fully run until 6-8k, is still running very hot. Tracing an intermittent problem is very hard even "hands on" and it will be almost impossible via Net Posts.

I mentioned the earth issue about 2 pages ago........
At the end of the day the answer is going to be found on the bike..not by asking the same question over and over again on a forum. Sorry but just my opinion.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2009 22:12 
Quote:
I mentioned the earth issue about 2 pages ago........
At the end of the day the answer is going to be found on the bike..not by asking the same question over and over again on a forum. Sorry but just my opinion.

Yep, so you did Dr B 8-). Its a long list ;).

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 79 Next