It is currently 22 Sep 2024 00:33

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: XB9 dyno
PostPosted: 30 May 2012 17:56 
Hi there

Took my XB9 to the dyno on monday and here are the results.

The bike is 2006 with Force pipe (GenII), K&N open airbox and catch can. I have an Innovate MTX-L wideband installed and have done the mapping based on readings.

Notice the AFR graph mostly of the time above 18 int the first picture. These readings were taken with a Lamda sensor sniffed into the megaphone. Those readings are completelly different from the readings from the sensor. According to my sensor, it is running too rich, I would read 10's and 11's during the test ( WOT from 3000 on )

All the exhaust parts are properly assembled with springs and exhaust paste in the joints. Does not seem to leak, no traces of smoke there. Saw no improvement when going to max values in the top cells of the map from 3400 on.

Here is the map

(F & R are the same by now)

I am suspecting that the readings taken with the dyno sensor make no sense... way too different from the readings on my sensor. However, I swaped stock injectors with 60 lbs units after the test, scaled the maps and noticed it was even richer.

The numbers are good, the bike is plenty of power, however I would like to get rid of that torque dip between 5k and 6k.

Does any one have experience with this exhaust?

Thanks and regards!

Post subject: Re: XB9 dyno
PostPosted: 31 May 2012 11:06 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
How far in the pipe was the dyno sensor? Remember it is reading from two pipes and is not as hot as your slave sensor already fitted.

My Firebolt has a Ti Force and does not have a dip.

http://ukbeg.com/archive/modules.php?na ... ic&t=32691

Post subject: Re: XB9 dyno
PostPosted: 31 May 2012 11:57 
Hi Pash, thanks for the answer.

The exhaust is a Force Streetfighter, no a Ti-Force. The one I have is like this but jet hot coated black instead of inox.

The sensor is about 8 inches inside the pipe, may be not inside enough. Anyway, the readings are completely different, 10:1 vs > 18:1.

Definetely I think I should ask the dyno operator to install his sensor in the bung instead of mine, and configure the ECM to ignore it.

I will be going on monday with some other Buellers.

Thanks!