Race rep exhaust

General Buell Chat. Home for The Tyre Thread and The Oil Thread, and any Buell related chat.
User avatar
kevmean
Posts: 7229
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:28 pm
Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind

Re: Race rep exhaust

Postby kevmean » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:46 pm

x1glider wrote:Gonna need the header now.

Is the O2 bung location modified just a bit so you can actually get the fecker out if it fouls? Always hated the angle on the Buell one. :evil:


Take the battery out and then the O2 bung is a lot easier to access with a normal spanner ;)
2001 X1 2009 1125CR 2006 Uly X3 2010 Uly a fully Maz'd S1 and a 1991 RS1200 Westwind.

User avatar
kevmean
Posts: 7229
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:28 pm
Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind

Re: Race rep exhaust

Postby kevmean » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Maz front bracket mod
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2001 X1 2009 1125CR 2006 Uly X3 2010 Uly a fully Maz'd S1 and a 1991 RS1200 Westwind.

User avatar
x1glider
Posts: 2462
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 7:54 pm
Current ride: 1999 X1
Location: Texas, Gerrards Cross

Re: Race rep exhaust

Postby x1glider » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:30 pm

kevmean wrote:
x1glider wrote:Gonna need the header now.

Is the O2 bung location modified just a bit so you can actually get the fecker out if it fouls? Always hated the angle on the Buell one. :evil:


Take the battery out and then the O2 bung is a lot easier to access with a normal spanner ;)

Battery interference wasn't the issue. The bung angle was such that the outside of the wrench would contact the header after 5 degrees of rotation. No more room from the other side because the head or upper frame tubes were there. Maybe the ones I had were different year/revision headers. IDK.

I just ended up sawing a slot down a deep socket.
Bob Krzeszkiewicz
2012 XR1200X - 2011 Kawasaki Z1000SX - 1999 Buell X1

User avatar
x1glider
Posts: 2462
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 7:54 pm
Current ride: 1999 X1
Location: Texas, Gerrards Cross

Re: Race rep exhaust

Postby x1glider » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:33 pm

kevmean wrote:Maz front bracket mod

Lacks a bit of show quality. Nothing I couldn't fix later so it doesn't end up looking like Willy's X1. :couch:
Bob Krzeszkiewicz
2012 XR1200X - 2011 Kawasaki Z1000SX - 1999 Buell X1

User avatar
Adam
Moderator
Posts: 11772
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Oswestry

Re: Race rep exhaust

Postby Adam » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:45 pm

x1glider wrote:
kevmean wrote:
x1glider wrote:Gonna need the header now.

Is the O2 bung location modified just a bit so you can actually get the fecker out if it fouls? Always hated the angle on the Buell one. :evil:


Take the battery out and then the O2 bung is a lot easier to access with a normal spanner ;)

Battery interference wasn't the issue. The bung angle was such that the outside of the wrench would contact the header after 5 degrees of rotation. No more room from the other side because the head or upper frame tubes were there. Maybe the ones I had were different year/revision headers. IDK.

I just ended up sawing a slot down a deep socket.



You can buy slotted 'crowsfoot' sockets in Halfords (although probably not applicable to you in the US, but I expect you can get them on Ebay) They make it dead easy to remove.
If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough.

Ferris B
Posts: 598
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:42 pm
Current ride: XB12SS Tiger S R9T
Location: Barlick Yorkshire

Re: Race rep exhaust

Postby Ferris B » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:13 pm

sillyb wrote:Mines an Albert and although had some problems over the years with the older model (which was the first one al made for an X1) the new can is fantastic, brackets great and sounds awesome. Al is one of us and hope we still recommend his work. :clap:


I'll second that.

User avatar
WILLYBUELL
Think Pink
Posts: 3781
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:37 am
Current ride: Awesome Ulysses & X1
Location: balderton, newark

Re: Race rep exhaust

Postby WILLYBUELL » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:33 pm

x1glider wrote:
kevmean wrote:Maz front bracket mod

Lacks a bit of show quality. Nothing I couldn't fix later so it doesn't end up looking like Willy's X1. :couch:

:ner: :ner: :rotfl:
IF IT BLEEDS WE CAN KILL IT ,THIS STUFF WILL MAKE YOU A GODDAM SEXUAL TYRANASURUS ,YOUVE BEEN PUSHING TOO MANY PENCILS DILLON .GET TO THE CHOPPER

User avatar
pash
proff. patpending
Posts: 14705
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:20 pm
Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Location: Bristol - Gateway to all things good

Re: Race rep exhaust

Postby pash » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:29 am

Adam wrote:
x1glider wrote:
kevmean wrote:
x1glider wrote:Gonna need the header now.

Is the O2 bung location modified just a bit so you can actually get the fecker out if it fouls? Always hated the angle on the Buell one. :evil:


Take the battery out and then the O2 bung is a lot easier to access with a normal spanner ;)

Battery interference wasn't the issue. The bung angle was such that the outside of the wrench would contact the header after 5 degrees of rotation. No more room from the other side because the head or upper frame tubes were there. Maybe the ones I had were different year/revision headers. IDK.

I just ended up sawing a slot down a deep socket.



You can buy slotted 'crowsfoot' sockets in Halfords (although probably not applicable to you in the US, but I expect you can get them on Ebay) They make it dead easy to remove.


Snap On Blue Point?

http://tinyurl.com/nrctzkp
08 Specialized Langster

User avatar
XB4RT
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:06 pm
Current ride: 2002 X1
Location: Mossley

Re: Race rep exhaust

Postby XB4RT » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:11 pm

Cans are ready now for those who are interested PM me but be quick first 5 already gone!
Buell folks is nice folks.
Awesome X1, well Mazzed (& the best colour)
Built in America, refined in Dukinfield....

User avatar
x1glider
Posts: 2462
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 7:54 pm
Current ride: 1999 X1
Location: Texas, Gerrards Cross

Re: Race rep exhaust

Postby x1glider » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:40 pm

Pete, I'm resolving some security issues with PayPal at the mo'. Hopefully I can get the payment to you tonight. 'Tis what happens when it hasn't been used in over a year.
Bob Krzeszkiewicz
2012 XR1200X - 2011 Kawasaki Z1000SX - 1999 Buell X1

User avatar
x1glider
Posts: 2462
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 7:54 pm
Current ride: 1999 X1
Location: Texas, Gerrards Cross

Re: Race rep exhaust

Postby x1glider » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:51 pm

Pete, yer money in in the mail. Looks like Alan has his already.

Thanks a lot, the both of you, for enticing me to spend a shedload of money on a 15 year old bike by a defunct company. You bastards.

:D
Bob Krzeszkiewicz
2012 XR1200X - 2011 Kawasaki Z1000SX - 1999 Buell X1

User avatar
kevmean
Posts: 7229
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:28 pm
Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind

Re: Race rep exhaust

Postby kevmean » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:42 pm

lOl :rotfl:
2001 X1 2009 1125CR 2006 Uly X3 2010 Uly a fully Maz'd S1 and a 1991 RS1200 Westwind.

User avatar
x1glider
Posts: 2462
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 7:54 pm
Current ride: 1999 X1
Location: Texas, Gerrards Cross

Re: Race rep exhaust

Postby x1glider » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:55 pm

Ok guys, I received your lovely works of metal art a couple weeks ago. Only just opened the boxes as I've been taking care of my wife as she had some fusion done to her neck. Looks very nice and can't wait to make use of them.

And it's down to 0c at night the past few days, so it looks like the bits will go on the mantle, much like everyone else's lucky hands gears, until spring. ;)
Bob Krzeszkiewicz
2012 XR1200X - 2011 Kawasaki Z1000SX - 1999 Buell X1

captbarb
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:47 pm
Current ride: buel xb12r
Location: East anglia .norfolk

Re: Race rep exhaust

Postby captbarb » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:05 pm

I would be interested but guess i need headers as we'll I need price estamite also.
Aprillia mille r
Buell xb12r

User avatar
XB4RT
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:06 pm
Current ride: 2002 X1
Location: Mossley

Re: Race rep exhaust

Postby XB4RT » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:37 pm

Albert666 makes the headers, you can't buy better! You have a PM
Buell folks is nice folks.
Awesome X1, well Mazzed (& the best colour)
Built in America, refined in Dukinfield....


Return to “Buell Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 4 guests