It is currently 20 Sep 2024 04:38

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Throttle Position Sensor
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2015 13:08 
I have been doing a bit of reading on the how to section and came across how to reset the TPS, now my XT being a post 08 model it was really an easy task with no additional equipment required, and was carried out from start to finish in less than 10 seconds.
I then put the bike away apart from firing it up briefly just to satisfy myself it would do just that and then completely forgot about it, well until last evening that is, when I went to a local bike meet with a couple of friends of around some 20+ miles each way. I immediately noticed a difference in the way the XT was responding from just pulling away from rest, and also general riding much more responsive smoother, and dare I say it it even felt quicker, also when coming to a stop it really ticks over nicely and sounds like it should instead of running like a sack of s**t. :hehe:
So even if you have a pre 08 bike and it's a task that's bit more involved it must be worth the effort every once in a while. Which brings me to the question is it not something that would carried out on a service for instance, where instant results would be evident, assuming no other problems are lurking.
I recently bought my 10-plate XT from a member on here with only 8000 mile on but I suspect the TPS re-set may not of ever have been carried out, or maybe it had, but not for quite a while.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2015 13:21 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
It's amazing how easy it is to do on an 08+ yet it's often a neglected task. Can make a huge difference as you have seen.

Your owners manual will tell you which services the TPS reset is carried out at... But nothing stopping you from doing it before every ride...

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2015 13:57 
Hi pash
Oh o.k. so it is on a scheduled to do on certain services, and yes I take your point nothing stopping me from doing as often as I like. I will certainly do it on a frequent basis if only to keep it running sweet.
Thanks, for that. :yup: