It is currently 28 Mar 2024 23:01

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 11 May 2020 21:25 

Current ride: XB9SX
Crikey! People are still reading my drivel? lOl

In between many other jobs and looking at my tail tidy now l am planning license plate lens Mk 1V with even more cut down reflector radius to match the oval stop lamp! ;)

PostPosted: 16 May 2020 11:20 

Continuation of thoughts........

Stock Indicators are tidily fitted to L shaped cabinet plates (35p each) and bolted to the existing undertray torx bolts. These cabinet plates have 2 holes each side, one of which can be used for the indicator stalk locating pin. The second hole in the L plate was drilled to 8mm but offset to get the angle right (if the small bevel on the stalk lines up with the edge of the L plate the angle is right! ). ;)
The 8 mm hole l had drilled for the indicator cables had to be widened to 10mm for them to fit through. :roll: Indicators looking quite good now and at the right level just under the seat tray. ;)

I could still fit a trick number plate holder at a later date utilising the stop lamp clear panel, but for now l just want to be different by putting the reflector above the number plate.

If l were to use the existing clear light, I wouldn’t cut away the underside of the stop lamp oval casting like some of the aftermarket kits as l think this spoils an otherwise nice feature of the Lightning. I will study the clear lens ability to shine through a smaller slot cut out behind the oval rim. ;)

PostPosted: 31 May 2020 07:47 

So why are Buell tail tidy kits so fussy and expensive. I met an MT 07 owner yesterday who got a really neat plate holder with tiny LED plate lamp with winker mounts for only £32! Uk made as well. :?

Maybe there’s a lot of them about!?

I could buy the MT unit and cut off what l don’t need! ;)

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2020 10:48 

Mdmoto are the company’s doing cheap plate holders on line. If they are still functioning. :?

A CBR 1000R unit can be had for as little as £25. :shock:

There are 2 types; pre and post 2017 with different indicator locations. Post 2017 are £30 ish.

Difficult to gauge size of mounting plate and l need to cut off at least half of that, and possibly bend the bracket above the light to angle it for the Buell. More oggling of pictures needed. ;)