It is currently 29 Mar 2024 02:05

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Exciting news...
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2022 23:57 
Site Admin

Finmows wrote:
eBiketips wrote:
you will also have to register the Fluid as a moped because it has more than the legal limit of power allowed for e-bikes in the UK

If that is the case...if its registered as a moped, does it not then have to carry a registration plate?

Yes and the rider must wear a motorcycle helmet, not a bicycle helmet, they must have insurance, a relevant license and the bike cannot be used off road.
The 250W and 500W bikes are identical other than software. I sell the 30MPH bikes with a disclaimer stating that the purchaser is responsible for registering the bike with the DVLA...what they do with the bike after it's left me is up to them :?

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2022 00:07 
Site Admin

So, looking at the link Deepsix posted, the most expensive bike is 9.5 grand, it has derailleur gears and chain, a 650W battery, zero lights, horn or luggage capability...the FUELL buries it on all counts for nearly half the price ! :idea:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2022 00:34 
Site Admin

...and whilst on this subject, new highway code rules give priority to pedestrians, cyclists and horse riders.
The problem with this is that all the above are not obligated to display a number plate or have insurance, so if for instance a cyclist collides with a pedestrian, they can simply do one and any eye witnesses cannot identify them.
IMO everyone using the public highways should be subject to the same rules ie. display a number plate, have insurance, hold an appropriate license, annual MOT, road tax, etc.

Discuss.

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2022 09:04 

Current ride: The wife
Maz wrote:
...and whilst on this subject, new highway code rules give priority to pedestrians, cyclists and horse riders.
Mopeds?
Quote:
so if for instance a cyclist collides with a pedestrian, they can simply do one and any eye witnesses cannot identify them.
Which would be easier for a "moped" rider in a full face helmet :roll:
Quote:
IMO everyone using the public highways should be subject to the same rules ie. display a number plate, have insurance, hold an appropriate licence
I totally agree 👍
Dont forget...stop at red lights, drive on the left hand side of the road (although the Highway code NOW states cyclists (sorry, "moped riders")) should be in the middle) AND NOT (as it always has been) on the pavement!!!
I ain't kicking a hornets nest....Im just lettting you know, there's one there

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2022 09:10 

Current ride: Ducati Monster 950+
They do look do impressive and seem to be excellent quality - they're getting very positive write up's too.

Magz has bought a replacement wheel with an electric hub for her Miss Jean Brody sit up and beg bike which she uses for pottering to the shops and stuff. It's cheap and cheerful and If she uses it enough it may lead to a Fuell but it's a lot of dosh for something to ride to the shops :shock:

And the new Hierarchy of road users is going to be carnage I think. We live in interesting times ;)

In the garage -

2001 X1
KTM390 Duke
Ducati 950 Monster +
CCM Spitfire Scrambler

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2022 09:31 

Current ride: M2 Razorback
t965m wrote:
.....And the new Hierarchy of road users is going to be carnage I think. We live in interesting times ;)

Heard this being discussed on't'wireless and they're already realising that the bit about cyclists being in the centre of the lane is a big mistake and should only apply eg at junctions.
Oh and while we're at it, cycles' lights should abide by the saw laws as cars, ie not dazzle oncoming traffic and not strobe ffs

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2022 14:27 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
Bad enough as was with a 44 ton artic on country A road trying to get passed cyclist , you will be surprised how quickly the traffic builds behind you normally , when you’re doing 40..45 . now if we get stuck behind a cyclist with his head phones on in middle of road doing 10..15 mph well what can one say , other than good job I am paid by the hour ;) .
Do wish you well with the Fluid bikes , but do feel they are a bit in limbo land regards pushbike or moped .
If as a pushbike then pre covid the city workers could well of been a target market but post covid ,I feel a lot have got used to working from home .
Other area could be the retiree and cycling tourist ?
As a moped, not many youth of today bother with bikes what with cbt and tests , its mom or dad taxi service or bus ,gone are the days when hundreds of Honda 50’s would fill the car park . there are a few workers whom use a mopeds for work , time will tell with the ulez for the city centres if the Ebikes take off , see a few E scooters about but it’s only a few .
All the best , see you sometime soon now summers arriving :yup:

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2022 14:39 

Current ride: A black one
Quote:
IMO everyone using the public highways should be subject to the same rules ie. display a number plate, have insurance, hold an appropriate license, annual MOT, road tax, etc.

Discuss.

Mrs Dusty's 'orse is insured, has a regular vet's check, road tax is offset by the rhubarb enhancing emissions, but good luck with trying to pin a number plate to it's arse.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2022 16:17 
Site Admin

What's all this talk of mopeds ?...they are bicycles, 2 versions are available, a 250W which anyone can ride and a 500W which is classed as a 'moped'...like I already said both versions are identical other than software.
Anyone buying a 500W is legally obliged to register it with DVLA etc etc....whether they do or not is up to them :)

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2022 11:38 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Hi Maz,

I don't know if this is of interest but I searched Google for The Emporium Dukenfield & I got this site.

https://dukinfield.cylex-uk.co.uk/compa ... 82460.html

Says nothing about Fuell, no reviews etc. Perhaps you & or Emporium users could utilise this site a little more?

It may well be worth your while seeing what you can do marketing wise or anything else for free on these sites or any others that are utilising your address & business details anyway.

Hope that's of help & well done for taking on the Fuells, hope it works out for you.

Paul.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2022 19:39 
Resident Bender

Current ride: EBR 1190RX
Maz wrote:
So, looking at the link Deepsix posted, the most expensive bike is 9.5 grand, it has derailleur gears and chain, a 650W battery, zero lights, horn or luggage capability...the FUELL buries it on all counts for nearly half the price ! :idea:

But they are not really comparable, the Haibike has ohlins front and rear, xtr components etc, and is targeting offroad trails, the Fuell would be more comparable with the other hardtails and/or commuter bikes.

Ebr 1190rx
Bimota Db7
Norton v4rr??

http://www.aph-performance-engineering.com