Buying spares from the USA

General Buell Chat. Home for The Tyre Thread and The Oil Thread, and any Buell related chat.
Jazzbutcher
Current ride: Buell 1125R

Buying spares from the USA

Postby Jazzbutcher » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:47 pm

Just letting people know that if you use Ebay to order spares from the USA, you'll know it can be very expensive by the time you get the item.

Prime example, £17 for a CR belt tension wheel bracket which cost me £68 by the time shipping, (which sometimes does not include import tax) so import tax (which is more at this end of the pond), PO handling charges (another £12) etc were accounted for.

I've just used EBay's Global Shipping programme to buy two radiators for my 1125r from the USA, and with GSP you can see everything it's going to cost IE shipping, Import tax and nothing else to pay. Two radiators cost £103 with everything included which I didn't think was too bad, especially considering they don't come up very often here in the UK and I've already had to replace two.

It's just an easy way to work out what anything is going to cost without anything like PO handling charges or any other stuff added at this end. Make's it better value to shop in the USA than from Europe which always includes VAT now.

If you're going to try it make sure the seller states they use Ebay's Global Shipping Programme or you'll cop for all sorts of charges when things get here.

Just for information.
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.

gusm2
Current ride: 99 Cyclone M2

Re: Buying spares from the USA

Postby gusm2 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:53 pm

I'm looking at different sizes of front sprockets at the moment all from US suppliers, I do have the advantage of family in California though and I'm going over at the end of this month :dance: ........ now what else do I need :?: ;)
Last year I joined a group for anti-social people
We haven't met yet.

TOPGUMM
Current ride: S1`s

Postby TOPGUMM » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:07 am

A friend used to be able to bring back stuff and we bought back Mikuni hsr42`s for £175 , the china copies are that now .

Jazzbutcher
Current ride: Buell 1125R

Postby Jazzbutcher » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:40 am

Most stuff from China's more or less up to standard UK prices now & if not the shipping makes up for it. However there are still bargains to be had if you can be bothered to trawl.
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.

Return to “Buell Chat”