It is currently 01 Oct 2024 16:45

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Stolen bikes
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009 11:43 

Hi all,

Is there any guidelines on reporting stolen bikes on here or somewhere more appropriate?

Cheers

Nic

Post subject: Re: Stolen bikes
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009 11:45 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
Just put up all the details either in here or in social mate.....the sooner all the info gets out the more chance of them being found.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009 11:52 

Current ride: push
blades wrote:
Hi all,

Is there any guidelines on reporting stolen bikes on here or somewhere more appropriate?

Cheers

Nic

have you tried ringing the police?

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009 13:47 
zoidberg wrote:
blades wrote:
Hi all,

Cheers

Nic

Dont bother they are not interested. Or not in mine anyway. You only report it to get a crime number for the insurance.

Tis ok officer it only cost £8500 I got another one "up-me-arse" ready to go :tosser:

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009 13:48 
blades wrote:
Hi all,

Cheers

Nic

"For Sale" ? :D

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009 16:08 
blades wrote:
Hi all,

Cheers

Nic

Nic,

:wtbk: has been taken ? Vrm ? any pics?....i work in Derbyshire not far from Matlock..is that where it went from?..lettuce snow ..

THE FLYING DUCHMAN wrote:

Dont bother they are not interested. Or not in mine anyway. You only report it to get a crime number for the insurance.

Tis ok officer it only cost £8500 I got another one "up-me-arse" ready to go

Frying Duckman...it is sad you feel like that..we're not all :tosser: ...if your not satisfied with the service tell em....plus you really ought to go out on an attachment with em..most forces let you as an observer...eye opener my friend eye opener. !!

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009 16:18 
has it got a pulse?

Current ride: FUBAR...Enough said!
Do you get to harrase bikers and other 'innocent' people aswell :?: :twisted: :twisted:

You only need two bikes in life-an S1 and a Multistrada!

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009 16:26 
Beef wrote:
Do you get to harrase bikers and other 'innocent' people aswell :?: :twisted: :twisted:

:sp: harrase ??...ah you mean HARASS

NOPE :lol: ...but you can play parent to somebody elses kids and fill out lots of lovely forms :roll:

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009 18:16 
It was not a dig at any single person asda160 but once you have had a few of those "we are sorry you have been a victim of crime" letters one can get the hump after a while.

I have great respect for Police officers themselves and wish to make it clear that my remark was about the system and not them.

I am very well aware of the work you do and what you have to deal with. I used to know a guy who was a DS with the Met.

Regards The Frying Duckman

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009 19:48 
Dutchman..no offence taken although your :tosser: emicon was a bit of a sweeping statement...my shoulders are broad enough to accept the abuse and it's part of the job ;) ...it is unfortunately a sad sign of the times when the man in the street feels like you....

going back to the original post, maybe we should get together with other bike forums and when someone has the bad luck of some tea leaf taking a bike that we can share the info between forums..ie what bike, anything distinctive, and so on coupled with a recent photo...just maybe someone might read it and know something and pass the information back...needle in a haystack i know but the more people that know the better...

does anyone know what bike Blades had ?

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009 19:55 

Current ride: push
THE FLYING DUCHMAN wrote:
zoidberg wrote:
blades wrote:
Hi all,

Cheers

Nic

Tis ok officer it only cost £8500 I got another one "up-me-arse" ready to go :tosser:

yup, then he can get the money and a new bike.

£8500 for a Buell? You were robbed!!!

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009 20:05 
Fair enough asda160. The :tosser: was unfair and I was wrong to use it.

Quote:
...it is unfortunately a sad sign of the times when the man in the street feels like you....

It is and I know that you know that I am not the only one. The sort of thing that the Welsh force did with that biker, who was killed, is nothing short of a disgrace.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009 20:07 
Quote:
£8500 for a Buell? You were robbed!!!

Not a Buell it was a real bike :lol:

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009 21:44 
A grey tide eel

Quote:
...it is unfortunately a sad sign of the times when the man in the street feels like you....

I am afraid that the police really have themselves to blame for this attitude. I feel exactly the same as do most of my mates. Sorry Asda I know your all not like that but lose the thugs and military wannabes and maybe my faith in the police would be restored. Oh and let people take your photos again maybe then we might see coppers smiling?

Piaggio X8 400ie
Yamaha XTZ750 Super Tenere (x2)
Suzuki GSXR750WR
BSA B441VS
FJR1300

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009 22:17 
daywalker wrote:
Quote:

I am afraid that the police really have themselves to blame for this attitude. I feel exactly the same as do most of my mates. Sorry Asda I know your all not like that but lose the thugs and military wannabes and maybe my faith in the police would be restored. Oh and let people take your photos again maybe then we might see coppers smiling?

Daywalker has something of a point here.

I know some of the "ways and woes" of "The Job" and the culture that is still within some areas.

An inter-forum listing on theft is a good idea. A better one is about what the public want from the force and lets be fair on this we, as you do, pay tax for the service.