It is currently 28 Mar 2024 08:57

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2021 16:23 

...Right, I have bypassed the two known problem switches and ran with the BAS disconnected.

I now need further help lOl

After approx 18 - 25 miles when I go to roll on to overtake, the engine is starved and does not want to go, doesn`t happen everytime, but often enough to be a pain in the arse, there are no other issues, this is it.

My next plan is to ensure the coil connections are all good and then test it again, so anyone have any ideas what may be causing this or more to the point experience.

I have to say that this bike goes like a stabbed rat and it is an absolute pleasure to ride...If I keep the throttle nailed when it kinda cuts out, the power comes back in and wants to lift the front wheel at ridiculous speeds :shock:

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2021 03:49 

Current ride: X1 2001
ignition switch ?
mine melted internally would miss fire up to about 3/4000 rpm
after it would clear it's throat & then go like a Rhino on a promise

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2021 05:30 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13569&hilit=cutting+out
read kev's reply , looks like no easy fix just a slow methodical check over the sensors and road test .

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2021 11:54 

any luck with it Att ?

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2021 09:22 

Nutah wrote:
any luck with it Att ?

I ran it out of fuel yesterday and the effect of that was exactly the same as what I am getting, so I am looking at fuel supply now, tank off this weekend and change filter, check lines and a look at the pump and connections...I rode over a good bit yesterday without any issues.

I also think if it was electrical regarding spark, then once it did fire properly and it was always getting fuel, there would be a backfire using unused fuel.

And I am sure I heard a noise from the tank when I opened it yesterday as though it was pressurized, so all vents to be checked first!

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2021 09:28 

Fuel pump sock?

2004 Monster S4R
Wilier La Triestina

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2021 12:59 

Just took the fuel pump out....Small grey wire that goes into a spade connector that joins the yellow...It was no longer connected, so looking at it, it seems as though it was hanging by a thread if that! You can see that it had been moving and the small wires were all scuffed/damaged...Just so fucking relieved to see that. :dance:

New pump Saturday, repair the old pump for a spare and jobs a carrot.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2021 16:15 

att wrote:
Just took the fuel pump out....Small grey wire that goes into a spade connector that joins the yellow...It was no longer connected, so looking at it, it seems as though it was hanging by a thread if that! You can see that it had been moving and the small wires were all scuffed/damaged...Just so fucking relieved to see that. :dance:

Great news att. What's it like in rural Portugal for getting the bits you need? Mail order, I guess?

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2021 17:34 

Current ride: 99 Cyclone M2
att wrote:

Result :yup: :sun:

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2021 21:11 

:sun: happy days

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2021 22:55 

03 wrote:
att wrote:

Great news att. What's it like in rural Portugal for getting the bits you need? Mail order, I guess?

I am still in the UK, we came back January6th when it all went into lock down again, we are allowed to travel because we are EU residents, but the testing regime made it too prohibitive for us with a dog and to move in mid March as we were supposed to do, so we decided to sell the UK house and we have done so, we are now just waiting to collect the cash when it all goes through, so because of covid and to a degree Brexit, we are cutting our ties with the UK forever...I am selling all vehicles and boats and in the process of doing so...The Buell will be sold in the next few weeks and I wanted it right before I do that.

Once I go to Portugal, I shall never be returning to the UK, I hate the fucking place with a passion.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2021 23:08 

fence sitter ;) :rotfl:

good luck with your next chapter :sun:

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2021 23:19 
Site Admin

:eat:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2021 11:08 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
Should this thread not be called "att intermittent cutting out"?

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2021 12:12 

deepsix wrote:
Should this thread not be called "att intermittent cutting out"?

lOl I read what I wrote last night and I have to say it was a bit vitriolic, I don`t usually feel like that, I will miss the UK and many of it`s people, most of the people are nice, it is just the bureaucracy, the lack of Govt... I could go on as I have many reasons for leaving and only one for staying.

I am a bit fed up with speaking with people the NHS has tried to kill or their nearest and dearest, I have issues with the lack of help with Wendy and I only knew I was on a cancer pathway when I received a letter telling me that they had decided to remove me from it as all my tests and explorative procedures came back clear.

I still cannot make an appointment with my GP, you have to go on a website and the algorithm decided who you see :x I don`t, I just no longer bother.

Easier to get parts for a Buell than it is to see my GP lOl