It is currently 19 Apr 2024 07:32

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: poor running
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2021 13:14 

Current ride: Buell XB9S
delw wrote:
Without wanting to shout out what could be obvious, after all the things you've tried, have you replaced the O2 sensor? Certainly the last time I went round a similar route to what you've tried, a new O2 sensor resolved the issue.
I'd had poor running and cutting out, fitted new injectors and inspected for an intake leak which it appeared I had. Fitted new intake seals but then got same "O2 always lean" error. Tried again with refitting the intake manifold a couple of times to no resolve. Got it to Maz to investigate, intake manifold fitted fine. Maz fitted new O2 sensor, problem gone.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, funnily enough I took o2 sensor out last night, going to try clean it but if I could find another I would change it
Thanks barney

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2021 14:35 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
barney66 wrote:
delw wrote:
Without wanting to shout out what could be obvious, after all the things you've tried, have you replaced the O2 sensor? Certainly the last time I went round a similar route to what you've tried, a new O2 sensor resolved the issue.
I'd had poor running and cutting out, fitted new injectors and inspected for an intake leak which it appeared I had. Fitted new intake seals but then got same "O2 always lean" error. Tried again with refitting the intake manifold a couple of times to no resolve. Got it to Maz to investigate, intake manifold fitted fine. Maz fitted new O2 sensor, problem gone.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, funnily enough I took o2 sensor out last night, going to try clean it but if I could find another I would change it
Thanks barney

Hi Barney,
I have a spare front & rear O2 sensor for an 1125r. If they're the same you're welcome to borrow one to try, you can keep it till you can find another one. Or if you just want to find out out if it's that, that's faulty I'll send one over to you.
I'm sure someone knowledgeable on here will know if they're the same.
See pic for ID if you have yours out.

Attachments:
O2 sensor.jpg
O2 sensor.jpg [ 603.1 KiB | Viewed 1502 times ]

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2021 22:41 

Jazzbutcher wrote:
barney66 wrote:
delw wrote:

Thanks barney

Hi Barney,
I have a spare front & rear O2 sensor for an 1125r. If they're the same you're welcome to borrow one to try, you can keep it till you can find another one. Or if you just want to find out out if it's that, that's faulty I'll send one over to you.

That’s an excellent offer Thank you very much, I am not sure if it would fit
, the numbers of it don’t appear to match anything on the one I removed, I have ordered a bosch one that looks the same , should be here this week, if it doesn’t fit I will take you up on the offer to give it a try if that’s ok
Thanks barney

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2021 23:36 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
barney66 wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
barney66 wrote:
delw wrote:

Thanks barney

Hi Barney,

That’s an excellent offer Thank you very much, I am not sure if it would fit
, the numbers of it don’t appear to match anything on the one I removed, I have ordered a bosch one that looks the same , should be here this week, if it doesn’t fit I will take you up on the offer to give it a try if that’s ok
Thanks barney

Yeah, no problem.
Good luck & well done so far, stick with it Barney. It's great to see someone working through a problem intuitively. I think it's always interesting to see how people go about fixing stuff & you've given a pretty good write up of your progress so far. Nice one. :yup:

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2021 05:11 

Thanks for that, I will post my findings as that is how I have learned by looking what other have said and done, some very helpful people on here willing to give info that has took them years to learn.

I have found over the years that some people just aren’t willing to help or give info on thing’s especially if it’s how they make there living and others just can’t give you enough, what most don’t realise is this is our hobby on our own stuff and don’t want to or couldn’t do it for a living, this is not the case on here every little piece of info has been a help,

Thanks for looking and all the help

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2021 05:50 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Apologies if this has already been discussed.

I see you have done your intake seals. What is the AFV now? You can check then but spraying WD40 or carb cleaner around the joints.

Have you checked your static timing?

If the O2 sensor error is present it is either:
* O2 sensor
* harness
* ECM

Of course you could really be measuring something very lean, in which case the AFV will be very high.

Again apologies if I’ve missed stuff, I don’t come here often but nothing’s new under the sun. We’ll have seen it before.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2021 09:53 

pash wrote:
Apologies if this has already been discussed.

I see you have done your intake seals. What is the AFV now? You can check then but spraying WD40 or carb cleaner around the joints.

Have you checked your static timing?

If the O2 sensor error is present it is either:
* O2 sensor
* harness
* ECM

Of course you could really be measuring something very lean, in which case the AFV will

Again apologies if I’ve missed stuff, I don’t come here often but nothing’s new under the sun. We’ll have seen it before.

Thanks pash,

After cleaning o2 sensor went for 20 mile ride, fine locally 10 mile in came into 30zone and seemed jerky like you are on and off throttle, onto open rode again and light came on then another couple of mile and fuel light came on then back home.
plugged it in o2 sensor again, now going to fit new one that’s just come.

Haven’t check timing pash and AFV has now gone to 105 from 100
Thanks for looking barney

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2021 16:02 

I will try it again in the morning, now got new o2 sensor and set static timing, wd40 around intake seals doesn’t appear to make any difference to rpm, so presume the new seals have seated fine
Thanks barney

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2021 19:35 

Couldn’t resist 30 mile ride this evening varying road types and riding, run great no light only slight grumble is in30 zones following traffic it still does seem a bit jerky, if I remember it was like this when I had it, I am presuming it’s the nature of the bike.
I will still get some fuel system cleaner to run through it and I might pop the plugs out to check colour, Iknow the oxy sensor I cleaned was sooty when I changed it for the new one.

A big thanks to all that contributed to this thread every bit of info helped, so hopefully I can return the favour someday and thanks ro all that offered the loan of parts very generous

Thanks barney

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2021 20:37 

Current ride: X1 2001
:sun: sounds like a positive result :yup:
they don't like being chugged along at low revs

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2021 07:14 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
Nutah wrote:
:sun: sounds like a positive result :yup:
they don't like being chugged along at low revs