It is currently 20 Sep 2024 00:21

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Remus or not
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2010 17:52 

Been looking for some advice about a Remus revolution can going onto an '06 uly. I understand the cable for the exhaust butterfly valves can be disconnected without the warning light coming on, but am concerned about the Remus hoping up as a jack point. The stock can can take the load, but am getting mixed reports about the Remus, and whether it can take the strain. Anyone got a Remus care to offer advice? Did you need to remap the ecu, or was it fairly plug and play? Any other thoughts???

Post subject: Re: Remus or not
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2010 18:20 
my99scoob wrote:
Been looking for some advice about a Remus revolution can going onto an '06 uly. I understand the cable for the exhaust butterfly valves can be disconnected without the warning light coming on, but am concerned about the Remus hoping up as a jack point. The stock can can take the load, but am getting mixed reports about the Remus, and whether it can take the strain. Anyone got a Remus care to offer advice? Did you need to remap the ecu, or was it fairly plug and play? Any other thoughts???

YOU MUST NEVER EVER JACK YOU BIKE UNDER A REMUS CAN. It will damage it. You must re-fuel with a Remus can with either a Powerizer (mine works 100% fine) or ECMSPY.

My bike is a 06 Uly. Remus can, Powerizer, K&N, Ultimate airbox, breather mod and ECM-SPY switched off motor valve. 14k miles. Works well with 95RON fuel and brill with 97RON fuel.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2010 22:14 
:yt:

As you can see in my signature, I've the Remus fitted. They are constructed from thinish stainless and are nowhere near as sturdy as the standard lump.

Not sure where you could jack it up though if working on the front end but I'm sure someone will leave a reply ;)

97 ron is best as mentioned but mine runs a little on the lean side (10k on engine) but I can live with that.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010 12:27 
THE FLYING DUCHMAN wrote:
You must re-fuel with a Remus can with either a Powerizer (mine works 100% fine) or ECMSPY.

Oh no you don't

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010 13:39 

Current ride: CB1300, Z750, R1200
I don't think, a remap is required to prevent the engine from running lean ...
http://www.xborgforum.de/forum/album_pi ... ic_id=9760

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010 17:24 
Needs more cowbell

Current ride: None
I have a Remus on my STT, no baffle in the end. Runs really well with no extra fiddling or tweeking, on the over run it bang and pops a hell of a lot but I kinda like that!

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010 18:31 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Yeah, Daywalker put his 9 with Remus on the dyno and the fuelling was spot on (OK so we didn't know what the front and rear were individually), in fact better than the plot of the above... i.e. 12.5:1 pretty much all the way through

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010 22:33 
A grey tide eel

That was with the baffles out as well.

Piaggio X8 400ie
Yamaha XTZ750 Super Tenere (x2)
Suzuki GSXR750WR
BSA B441VS
FJR1300

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2010 11:03 
I've got the remus revolution fitted to my '09Ss. Baffles out, no orange engine light ever and the fuelling settled itself after a 20 minute ride at between 3-4k rpm.

Idles now at 1k, never stalls and i've not noticed any change in the mpg. Very pleased with the build quality, but then I've not tried to jack the bike up from the can.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2010 11:05 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Do you reckon we should combine this thread with this one?

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2010 18:07 
Well you dont HAVE to. I am able to swich the Powerizer in and out. With it off its fine but with it on there is a notable gain in power, not huge, in the low and mid rev bands. Top end seems the same. It idles better and the pickup is better as well.