It is currently 28 Sep 2024 07:12

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject: Re: ECM Tuning..
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2010 17:59 

pash wrote:
The factory reflash will update your firmware, which ECMSpy doesn't do. The firmware is the framework in which the configuration data that ECMSpy modifys works.

I would say yes, get that done then work out what still needs work...

Have not had the firmware updated yet as not had time..
What is the benefit of a later firmware? apart from the noisy fan running 24/7!??

:eat:

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010 18:12 

pash wrote:
Up to you, factor them down from what they were originally if you like. I am on 10 all the way down to mid 2000s and I don't have an issue with throttle response. Might be worth putting the original map in and checking to see if it responds the same.

Pash..After some research I found an article where a guy in the US sorted his DDFi3 issues...
I quote:
I've had excellent results from using the more refined timing tables from the newer bikes. The BUEZD tune from Europe in particular has a very aggressive spark map and makes off idle performance very smooth and responsive, it is also backwards compatible with BUEYD firmware .

As usual your input appreciated..especially if you can assist changing the timing tables! :yup:

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010 19:46 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Yesh man get it. The thing is, if you don't, all your hard work will be over-written by new stuff and cos of the other changes, you'll have to start all over again.

My 1125R went from OK above 4k (and shit below) to fantastic above 2K over 3 reflashes...

I doubt there will be more reflashes cos there is no value in if for HD...

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010 20:36 
I think it's made my bike racier not to mentioned it resolved my stop start heat related running problems! It revs better and seems more aggressive! But the fan is on another planet - that bloody thing revs at MAX speed, it's now drowned out by my FS exhaust above 40mph.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010 22:49 

pash wrote:
Yesh man get it. The thing is, if you don't, all your hard work will be over-written by new stuff and cos of the other changes, you'll have to start all over again.

My 1125R went from OK above 4k (and shit below) to fantastic above 2K over 3 reflashes...

Eh ?? do you mean get the latest reflash or the BUEZD maps I mentioned..?

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010 22:53 
proff. patpending

The reflash gives you new firmware (BUE2D etc.) and a new calibration to match it (maps etc.)...

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2010 13:41 

pash wrote:

BUE2D 242 firmware loaded up at local stealer today..
Man what a difference!..Engine pulling loads better and more rideable around town too..Had to cancel fault light reporting again with Tunerpro but otherwise no sweat..
:D :D

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2010 14:41 
proff. patpending

8-)

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2010 19:11 
I'm confused...........all this fekin about with the ECM and the problems were not resolved....... and the latest reflash from HD does the job but the fans on over-time.

It seems like tuning the 2008 > DDFI ECM is not yet resolved.

I have the preprogrammed EBR ECM fitted, which is great except that from 3K rpm there is a big flat spot. The EBR ECM tech guys recons the only way to sort the flats spot will be to fit a drummer can (which is what it is programmed to suit) or buy a EBR programmable ECM unit.

I appreciate some very knowledgable and helpful Buell enthuisiasts have been sorting out a way of using ECMspy to sort it - but I have not yet seen a post where a ordinary punter states that they have totally sorted it - "and this is how I did it".

Has anyone sorted their 08> DDFI using ECMspy?

I see light at the end of the tunnel now.The wholy Grail awaits!

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2010 19:58 
proff. patpending

shudnobeta wrote:
I'm confused...........all this fekin about with the ECM and the problems were not resolved....... and the latest reflash from HD does the job but the fans on over-time.

:o

shudnobeta wrote:

Blah blah blah

shudnobeta wrote:
I have the preprogrammed EBR ECM fitted, which is great except that from 3K rpm there is a big flat spot. The EBR ECM tech guys recons the only way to sort the flats spot will be to fit a drummer can (which is what it is programmed to suit) or buy a EBR programmable ECM unit.

Chuckle. Have I not said before to err on the side of caution regarding off-the-shelf maps? And why did you buy a map that was NOT for your set up? How did you ever expect it to work? And if you had an EBR programmable unit, what would you do with it? You could have programmed your own...

shudnobeta wrote:
I appreciate some very knowledgable and helpful Buell enthuisiasts have been sorting out a way of using ECMspy to sort it - but I have not yet seen a post where a ordinary punter states that they have totally sorted it - "and this is how I did it".

Do you have someone who wipes your arse?

shudnobeta wrote:

I would bet no, but not cos it can't be done.

If I had a DDFI3 machine, and I thought it needed some "attention", I would have given it the attention it needed... No different from doing an DDFI2 - just a different tool to use.

shudnobeta wrote:

Yeah man, keep waiting...

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2010 20:30 
proff. patpending

shudnobeta wrote:
I appreciate some very knowledgable and helpful Buell enthuisiasts have been sorting out a way of using ECMspy to sort it - but I have not yet seen a post where a ordinary punter states that they have totally sorted it - "and this is how I did it"

This is what is needed (and this is no different to DDFI or DDFI2):

1. Get a copy of ECMSpy for Mono
2. Get a laptop
3. Get a cable
4. Log data for an hour ride with as much variation as possible
5. Use data in MegaLogViewer to create new rear map
6. Fit headers with slave bosses (I have some to fit pre-08 XB9, pre-08 XB12, post-07 XB12)
7. Fit narrowband lambda sensor in front slave boss and connect to the ECM
8. Log data for an hour ride with as much variation as possible
9. Use data in MegaLogViewer to create new front map
10. Connect rear lambda sensor back up
11. Fit wideband sensors to front and rear slave bosses
12. Log data for wide open throttle runs, do as many as possible in as high a gear as possible where it will hit the rev limiter
14. Repeat at 90, 80 and 70% wide open throttle
15. Use MegaLogViewer to create new maps for OL

Job done...

You can use a dyno to get your ignition timing spot on, but this will take you 98% of the way there...

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2010 20:56 
pash wrote:
shudnobeta wrote:
I appreciate some very knowledgable and helpful Buell enthuisiasts have been sorting out a way of using ECMspy to sort it - but I have not yet seen a post where a ordinary punter states that they have totally sorted it - "and this is how I did it"

This is what is needed (and this is no different to DDFI or DDFI2):

1. Get a copy of ECMSpy for Mono
2. Get a laptop
3. Get a cable
4. Log data for an hour ride with as much variation as possible
5. Use data in MegaLogViewer to create new rear map
6. Fit headers with slave bosses (I have some to fit pre-08 XB9, pre-08 XB12, post-07 XB12)
7. Fit narrowband lambda sensor in front slave boss and connect to the ECM
8. Log data for an hour ride with as much variation as possible
9. Use data in MegaLogViewer to create new front map
10. Connect rear lambda sensor back up
11. Fit wideband sensors to front and rear slave bosses
12. Log data for wide open throttle runs, do as many as possible in as high a gear as possible where it will hit the rev limiter
14. Repeat at 90, 80 and 70% wide open throttle
15. Use MegaLogViewer to create new maps for OL

Job done...

You can use a dyno to get your ignition timing spot on, but this will take you 98% of the way there...

Pash, thanks for that; but is there any point in trying this if no one has sorted it - your comments "I would bet no, but not cos it can't be done." and "Yeah man, keep waiting..."......... don't inspire confidence.

So whats the point ?- until Pash, Tubbs, Maz, Gunter et al - i.e. those that know about this stuff - say "this is can be done like this & it works great" - aren't we better off dealing with EBR who have got working products?
No disrespect meant - just discussion.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2010 20:58 
proff. patpending

This can be done like the above and it works great

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2010 21:04 
proff. patpending

shudnobeta wrote:
aren't we better off dealing with EBR who have got working products?

You just told us your bike has a flatspot. Define working product. Was the original ECM a working product?

TBH SNB, I have nothing more to say. Using the above method will work for you. Unfortunately I don't think it is what you want to hear.

:shut:

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2010 10:29 

shudnobeta wrote:

Are you sayin your original ECM is no good?
If it is ok and working why not refit it and see how bike runs compared to the EBR one?
:sun:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next