It is currently 22 Sep 2024 11:23

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: XB9SX - spares/repair
PostPosted: 28 May 2012 14:11 
Site Admin

Just testing the water on behalf of a customer.......
07 on an 8 plate, very clean bike, 11K miles but.......videoscope shows the rear piston missing and the front breaking up :x

Offers ?

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 14:35 

Do these offers include storage charges?

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 15:06 
Site Admin

That would depend on whether the buyer takes the piss out of the already very unfortunate owner.

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 15:09 

Maz wrote:
That would depend on whether the buyer takes the piss out of the already very unfortunate owner.

Which in either case has f**k all to do with you

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 15:43 
Site Admin

If the bike is in my shop, it has everything to do with me......call me a big softy but I hate to see unscrupulous types taking advantage of the good nature of my customers/friends.

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 15:53 

Maz wrote:
If the bike is in my shop, it has everything to do with me......

What a crock of shit. Sometimes you astound me with your self inflated ego.

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 16:30 
Mr. Tourettes

Now make friends with :maz:

well that went a bit west :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 16:52 
Site Admin

cooter wrote:
Maz wrote:
If the bike is in my shop, it has everything to do with me......

What a crock of shit. Sometimes you astound me with your self inflated ego.

:?: not wanting to trash this thread as I'm trying to help a customer but you're gonna have to explain your logic here ?
Bike was in my shop and had been for many months.......I decided to charge storage (as I'm entitled to do) in order to raise more funds for the bloke you'd taken the piss out of ......just to refresh your memory, I was charging you and not Arthur because you were the new owner......I was charging you 25 quid a day and you could've collected the bike that day and paid nothing, the fact you couldn't collect for another 10 days is your problem.

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 17:31 

I remember correctly and that didn't happen. What happended was you charged him the earth to put his bike in boxes but then you felt guilty, drank a bottle vodka and then decided to sent me abusive pm's to try and get more money from me to cover your outrageous costs.
These comments are a heads-up to any potential buyers that they would be far better off dealing with the bike owner and having nothing to do with your interference.

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 18:22 
Site Admin

Moved from the 'For Sale' section for obvious reasons :roll:

.......bit busy right now but I'll be back later ......

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 20:31 

Sometimes these things turn out for the best though cooter, it looks better than a box of bits now, throttle pansies happy and so am I. :sun:

Andy

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 21:11 

It certainly looks better now. I'm genuinely glad you and TP are happy with the outcome. Not sure about the front pulley cover though :D .

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 21:16 
Site Admin

:yt: Exactly.....Arthur advertised the bike as a project and expressed his wishes that the buyer should restore it.
My version of events.......TP delivered the bike to me to be 'fully Mazzed' he left a 1K deposit. We had discussed the likely price for the work, bearing in mind the dilapidated state it was in.
I stripped the bike to bare frame, wheels etc. ready to powder coat, mounted the engine on a stand and stripped it.......this is where things went pear shaped as the engine had some serious issues. I stopped the job and rang Arthur to advise......he visited the shop to survey everything and after much agonising, decided to cut his loses.
I charged him for the 15 hours spent ie. 600 quid and refunded the 400 difference.
Bike was then advertised as outlined above and Spook/Cooter was the 1st to make an offer, which Arthur accepted.
Arthur subsequently received several far more generous offers but being an honourable man declined them as he'd already done a deal.
In the weeks that followed it turned out that Spook had already made arrangements to break the bike and had done deals for most of the parts at a handsome profit.......he'd also 'accidently' sent Arthur an unsigned cheque :roll:
I did PM Spook in an effort to get him to either back out of the deal or up his offer, bearing in mind the other offers on the table......I'm absolutely positive that 99% of the UKBEG membership would have done so in order to help out a fellow member down on his luck.
Eventually Arthur did get a cosher cheque and called me with instruction to release the bike.......I PM'd Spook again to let him know and advised that I would be making a 25 quid a day storage charge until he picked everything up.......Spook spat his dummy, cancelled the cheque and declared publically that he was leaving UKBEG.......Spondon 440 bought the bike for twice the amount Spook had offered.......result all round methinks 8-)
Now Spook rejoins the forum via an alias, posts shite all over the place, mainly aimed at me and the other mods........seems to me that he's the one raking up stuff because he still feels agrieved over the whole affair/being caught with his pants down/ripping off a fellow forum member etc........and he has the front to accuse me of having an inflated ego :rotfl:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 21:35 

I was the second to make an offer and it was higher than the first. I was going to use the bike as a donor for an S1 rolling chassis I had and no parts were offered for sale to anyone else. The rest of your post is semi- accurate but unfortunately Spook is not my real name either, that was an alias.
My post was a warning for anyone who thinks they can have an agreement on this forum without your unwanted involvement. I left because I was tired of your control issues, I wasn't the first and won't be the last to go but in the end I only ended up cutting my nose of to spite my face as I missed a lot of the genuine people on here, so I returned.
I don't have issues with anyone on here except you, but then I think most people see you for what you really are, it just took me a little longer.

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 21:38 

Current ride: Not a Buell
I have no issues with Maz.
What you see is what you get.