It is currently 22 Sep 2024 13:30

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 22:39 
Site Admin

My info re. you parting the bike and selling items like the frame and engine came from a VERY reliable source and can be corroborated by quite a few peeps on here :roll: .......my best guess is that the unsigned cheque was delaying tactics whilst you firmed the deals up ?

Whatever Spook......I'm quite happy to let forum members read all this and make their own minds up.

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 22:42 
Site Admin

1stgarry wrote:
I have no issues with Maz.
What you see is what you get.

Thanks Garry, I appreciate that and hope anyone who has met me would feel the same ;)

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 22:48 

Current ride: S1wl IronhorseSunday
Me neither,what you see is what ya get.
Its not to everyones taste but you know where you stand.
We all take the piss out of his grumpiness but you'd be if you had to be tolerant of the incredible degree of ineptitude and cabbagery he puts up with.
Most on here don't need a Maz character ref as they know him well, friend, engineer or both.
But as a recent example (for the benefit of newbies) I was there for a borderline warranty job i.e free, the job had to be done through (as it turned out) no fault of Maz but a minute imperfection in a pushrod tube, none the less 2 1\2hrs of his time and a few parts were given freely.
My belt is around the mileage for change so I went there with the cash to change it thought I'd get it done at the same time and at least then Maz could earn something for his labours.
Knowing this and with the part in stock and an empty workshop he has a good look at he belt and says 'TBH mate your belt seems fine, Id save your money.'..........go figure.
In addition he spent well over an hour on his open day, with a packed workshop fixing my solenoid for free (which I'd cabbaged) instead of talking to guests and drumming up business .....go figure.
In my experience and many here, not only a brilliant engineer but defo not a rip off merchant :!:

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 23:09 

Maz wrote:
My info re. you parting the bike and selling items like the frame and engine came from a VERY reliable source and can be corroborated by quite a few peeps on here :roll:

Another blatant lie. Why would I sell the engine when it's the one thing I needed for the rolling chassis. Poorly thought out fabrication again.

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 23:10 

Current ride: xb12s lightning
:yt: Top bloke :yup:

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 23:11 

If Maz was a climber ( lOl ), I'd trust him with my life 8-)

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 23:19 
Site Admin

Cheers for that.......but you still need all your tools confiscating :twisted:

BTW Spook.......just to make your point for you and so's you dont feel special/singled out, this wasn't the 1st time I've had a bike stripped to component form and then interferred with the subsequent sale.......
Greasemonkey had his X1 in for a complete rebuild, unluckily for him, once the bike was in bits, he suffered employment issues and decided to bail.......he sold the bike to iwoo of this manor.
When I found out, I rang iwoo and told him he couldn't have it as Ian wasn't of sane mind lOl ......iwoo was very gracious/ understood completely and offered to help in any way he could.......he then went on to buy another X1 8-)
Eventually, Ians luck improved, I finished building the bike and the rest is history :sun:

........and that's the difference :idea:

edit......oops :oooops: sorry Adam, tool comment was aimed at Restone lOl

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 23:24 
Site Admin

cooter wrote:
Maz wrote:
My info re. you parting the bike and selling items like the frame and engine came from a VERY reliable source and can be corroborated by quite a few peeps on here :roll:

Another blatant lie. Why would I sell the engine when it's the one thing I needed for the rolling chassis. Poorly thought out fabrication again.

Trust me on this, you REALLY dont want to go there........why would I fabricate something that I CAN EASILY have varified :idea: .........and like I knew you had a rolling chassis ?.......if indeed you have/did :?

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 23:32 

Maz wrote:
cooter wrote:
Maz wrote:

Trust me on this, you REALLY dont want to go there........why would I fabricate something that I CAN EASILY have varified :idea: .........and like I knew you had a rolling chassis ?.......if indeed you have/did :?

I did and someone on this forum has it now. You fire away and verify anyone I offered any parts to.

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 23:32 
Site Admin

.......and you should probably thank me anyway.......never in a million years would you have been able to build that engine :)

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 23:35 
Site Admin

Quote:
I did and someone on this forum has it now. You fire away and verify anyone I offered any parts to.

The Pm's I had at the time are long gone but the source of them is still very much around and is a much respected member of this forum........

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 23:44 

Maz wrote:
Quote:

The Pm's I had at the time are long gone but the source of them is still very much around and is a much respected member of this forum........

As I said fire away and verify. You won't because it's more of your bullshit.

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 23:47 
Site Admin

YHPM

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 29 May 2012 00:02 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
When I first started with UKBEG Maz used to do mail order/postal stuff. He didn't know me at all but stuff always arrived before he'd received the cheques. It is a great shame he doesn't still offer that service but totally understandable considering the abuse it probably got. I have never bought anything off Maz and felt hard done by nor felt ripped off. :yup:
This forum prides itself in the help and assistance which many give way beyond the call of duty and without trying to earn a fast buck.Indeed so much time and advice is given freely both by Maz and many others. Some folk sometimes get a bit greedy tho and are generally outed for their selfishness. Is it worth it? I don't think so :old:
We can't all get on with each other but in general the mix of diversity, perversity and comradeship here is to be cherished :worthy:

PostPosted: 29 May 2012 00:09 
Nanny Brown

deepsix wrote:
This forum prides itself in the help and assistance which many give way beyond the call of duty and without trying to earn a fast buck. Indeed so much time and advice is given freely both by Maz and many others. Some folk sometimes get a bit greedy tho and are generally outed for their selfishness. Is it worth it? I don't think so :old:
We can't all get on with each other but in general the mix of diversity, perversity and comradeship here is to be cherished :worthy:

:yup: