It is currently 22 Sep 2024 13:32

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 29 May 2012 07:54 

greasemonkey wrote:
... Now I was going to totally stay out of this....

But you just couldn't help yourself :roll:

PostPosted: 29 May 2012 08:01 

Current ride: X1 2001
deepsix wrote:
When I first started with UKBEG Maz used to do mail order/postal stuff. He didn't know me at all but stuff always arrived before he'd received the cheques. It is a great shame he doesn't still offer that service but totally understandable considering the abuse it probably got. I have never bought anything off Maz and felt hard done by nor felt ripped off. :yup:
This forum prides itself in the help and assistance which many give way beyond the call of duty and without trying to earn a fast buck.Indeed so much time and advice is given freely both by Maz and many others. Some folk sometimes get a bit greedy tho and are generally outed for their selfishness. Is it worth it? I don't think so :old:
We can't all get on with each other but in general the mix of diversity, perversity and comradeship here is to be cherished :worthy:

:yt:

there are people on here i like , there are some i don't
I'm in no doubt that others feel the same about me
if i can help i will , that's what this site is about
my 2 pence worth

PostPosted: 29 May 2012 09:06 

Current ride: 2001 X1, EBR 1190SX
You reap what you sow...

PostPosted: 29 May 2012 17:11 

I'm relatively new to the Buell world, about 4 years, during that time Maz has been my first port of call for all things Buell.
He built my M2 engine (something no-one has ever done before as I do my own) he has bought as much from me as I have from him and I have never felt even slightly negative about our dealings.

I have asked advise on many technical Buell issues and never been refused and never been charged and never actually felt like he couldn't be bothered.

However, I consider Maz as a friend, not a customer and not the bloke that fixes my bike, I feel if I was in a corner he would help me and like wise me him, its not something we ever talk about so don't know if thats how he feels but I don't make a habit of liking people because I'm a northern bastid but I like him.

I'm not after getting drawn in or involved but all I'll say is see him as you find him.

cooter/spook, I don't know you and you don't know me, I don't therefore have an opinion but I have been at the front of some of this trial by internet shit and its just silly, it can adversly effect someones lively hood, so for fucksake stop it.

If Maz pisses you off don't speak to him and don't deal with him, how hard is that?

Andy

PostPosted: 29 May 2012 17:42 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
Can we all just play nicely now please ;)

PostPosted: 31 May 2012 00:20 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
spondon440 wrote:
I'm relatively new to the Buell world, about 4 years, during that time Maz has been my first port of call for all things Buell.
He built my M2 engine (something no-one has ever done before as I do my own) he has bought as much from me as I have from him and I have never felt even slightly negative about our dealings.

I have asked advise on many technical Buell issues and never been refused and never been charged and never actually felt like he couldn't be bothered.

However, I consider Maz as a friend, not a customer and not the bloke that fixes my bike, I feel if I was in a corner he would help me and like wise me him, its not something we ever talk about so don't know if thats how he feels but I don't make a habit of liking people because I'm a northern bastid but I like him.

I'm not after getting drawn in or involved but all I'll say is see him as you find him.

cooter/spook, I don't know you and you don't know me, I don't therefore have an opinion but I have been at the front of some of this trial by internet shit and its just silly, it can adversly effect someones lively hood, so for fucksake stop it.

If Maz pisses you off don't speak to him and don't deal with him, how hard is that?

Andy

For a Northern monkey you don't half make some sense :yup:
Unfortunately cooter lives in the midlands and sometimes can't make his mind up whether to be a grumpy northern type or a soft southern poofter.
That and mid life crisis looming would make it hard for anyone. :old:

PostPosted: 31 May 2012 17:04 

deepsix wrote:
Unfortunately cooter lives in the midlands and sometimes can't make his mind up whether to be a grumpy northern type or a soft southern poofter.

No mans land :sad1:

PostPosted: 31 May 2012 20:54 

I have been a regular reader on this forum since Maz done mail order.
I don't contribute much but Maz always helps me even when there is no monetary value.

Top guy

Thanks

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2012 11:23 

deepsix wrote:

I was born in Aldershot and now live in Newmarket, so I guess I'm a soft southern poofter lOl ;)
I have always found Maz to be very genuine and up front and honest in what he thinks is right and wrong. someone you can rely on even though you may not like what you hear on occasion.
His knowledge of Buell is extensive and to have someone as dedicated as him to help so many owners and interested parties of these fine machines is a gift to be cherished.
I wouldn't ever accuse him to be in it for profit because he could (and should) be charging a lot more for the spares and his work, but he doesn't because, he can, and because he genuinely wants to help keep Buells and the people, customers/friends, on the road. He does this though choice and must see it as a vocation (my assumption) and I can understand why he can, at times, appear a little short of time and patience with some people. I know we can all get that way ourselves.
I speak as I find, and at the times I have met him, or talked by phone or by PM, he has been nothing but straight with me (don't read anything extra into that one ;) ), and a jolly nice northern guy.

We can't please all of the people all of the time, but the main thing is that we try and do it in a way that is fair to all.

There, just my thoughts after reading this thread.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2012 22:01 

Jon64 wrote:
deepsix wrote:

I was born in Aldershot and now live in Newmarket, so I guess I'm a soft southern poofter lOl ;)
I have always found Maz to be very genuine and up front and honest in what he thinks is right and wrong. someone you can rely on even though you may not like what you hear on occasion.
His knowledge of Buell is extensive and to have someone as dedicated as him to help so many owners and interested parties of these fine machines is a gift to be cherished.
I wouldn't ever accuse him to be in it for profit because he could (and should) be charging a lot more for the spares and his work, but he doesn't because, he can, and because he genuinely wants to help keep Buells and the people, customers/friends, on the road. He does this though choice and must see it as a vocation (my assumption) and I can understand why he can, at times, appear a little short of time and patience with some people. I know we can all get that way ourselves.
I speak as I find, and at the times I have met him, or talked by phone or by PM, he has been nothing but straight with me (don't read anything extra into that one ;) ), and a jolly nice northern guy.

We can't please all of the people all of the time, but the main thing is that we try and do it in a way that is fair to all.

There, just my thoughts after reading this thread.

So glad that you can see that.....Not many can.
I am also glad that you can put into words, that I cannot :sun:

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2012 05:32 

Matron wrote:
You reap what you sow...
Ah the Italian tailors motto.