It is currently 23 Sep 2024 05:35

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: ecmspy software?
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012 10:29 

Current ride: XB12X Ulysses
Hi I have the red engine management light on (06 Uly)
I have the ecmspy lead, been on the ecmspy web site but for a fully operatioal version it is fee based. does anyone have it or what's my best way around it?

Post subject: Re: ecmspy software?
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012 10:59 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
You can read the codes with a bit of wire, check the How To section.

ECMSpy for Mono is fee based. The money goes to charity, so the only people you are cheating are in the Papworth CF Unit.

ECMSpy for Palm is free.

I bet you 50p it is the O2 sensor...

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012 11:06 

Didn't realise the money went to charity, thats a different matter then. Thanks for the info

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012 11:40 

Current ride: CB1300, Z750, R1200
I changed the registration page to clarify that point.

Quote:
Didn't realise the money went to charity, thats a different matter then.

Interesting view on the world. So you wouldn't pay, let's say Porsche, to build you a fantastic car, but prefer to donate those 100k quid to a hospital? How long, would you guess, Porsche will exist then?

Developing the ecmspy software took time worth almost a halftime job for years, and I did it all in my spare time. I decided to do so without any money for myself, "donating" my efforts to charity, but even if not - don't you think I would have had the same right to get paid, as Porsche has a right to get paid for their very own product?

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012 13:56 
Think Pink

Current ride: Awesome Ulysses & X1
gunter wrote:

Quote:

Interesting view on the world. So you wouldn't pay, let's say Porsche, to build you a fantastic car, but prefer to donate those 100k quid to a hospital? How long, would you guess, Porsche will exist then?

Developing the ecmspy software took time worth almost a halftime job for years, and I did it all in my spare time. I decided to do so without any money for myself, "donating" my efforts to charity, but even if not - don't you think I would have had the same right to get paid, as Porsche has a right to get paid for their very own product?

you aveing a bad FUCKING day gunter :twisted: ,fixing people rates far higher on my rader than fucking porsche do ,have a nice day :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012 15:06 

WILLYBUELL wrote:
gunter wrote:

Quote:

you aveing a bad FUCKING day gunter :twisted: ,fixing people rates far higher on my rader than fucking porsche do ,have a nice day :twisted: :twisted:

I think that's exactly what Gunter meant ;) Instead of putting any reward for his hard work into his own pocket, he's decided to donate it to a cause which he finds far more beneficial to everyone 8-) :worthy: :worthy:
Thank God there's still people in the World like that, after reading two stories in the Press yesterday, one about a fella who donated £2.5 million to a cancer unit and then being landed with a Tax bill of £40k, and another about a Chav drowning his dog in the bath (reading that story actually made me cry :x ) I began to despair about humanity.
Knowing you to be a decent fella Willy, I think you've got the wrong end of the stick ;) :D

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012 16:56 
Think Pink

must be haveing a bad day with me stick ;) ,reeeeal nice to see your watching over me ;) :D :yup: :4roz:

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012 17:05 

I'm like your guardian angel (grinder) ;) lOl lOl :yup:

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012 17:53 

gunter wrote:

Quote:

I really can't see where your coming from ? You have chosen to give the proceeds to charity and I would prefer to give it to charity. Simply, Job done. :ffs:

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012 19:39 
Think Pink

Adam wrote:
I'm like your guardian angel (grinder) ;) lOl lOl :yup:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: