It is currently 28 Sep 2024 12:20

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2009 22:32 
yourguitarhero wrote:
two parts that are meant to mesh together. As you can see they are too far apart horizontally.

Pretty chewed up! The black chewed up piece can move down vertically to fit in the notch in the cream part. I can make them stick but they ping apart pretty easily.

Any ideas for how to geth those two plastic parts to gel together?
These servo motors aren't cheap!

either use a dremmel or craft knife and cut old peg off...use dremmel again with small drill bit,drop a dab of stupid glue into the hole, then fit a sprung roll pin(see image)..this now acts as your peg...be absolutely sure it is in right place, not like my attempt which left it slightly out of place....

The whole thing is made of cheese, possibly Cathedral city...check the exhaust valve is free and that your cable is not trapped , cos once you use a roll pin i would imagine the devastation to the outer cheese gear will be tremendous if it all jams

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2009 23:02 
asda160 wrote:
yourguitarhero wrote:
two parts that are meant to mesh together. As you can see they are too far apart horizontally.

Pretty chewed up! The black chewed up piece can move down vertically to fit in the notch in the cream part. I can make them stick but they ping apart pretty easily.

Any ideas for how to geth those two plastic parts to gel together?
These servo motors aren't cheap!

either use a dremmel or craft knife and cut old peg off...use dremmel again with small drill bit,drop a dab of stupid glue into the hole, then fit a sprung roll pin(see image)..this now acts as your peg...be absolutely sure it is in right place, not like my attempt which left it slightly out of place....

The whole thing is made of cheese, possibly Cathedral city...check the exhaust valve is free and that your cable is not trapped , cos once you use a roll pin i would imagine the devastation to the outer cheese gear will be tremendous if it all jams

Oh dear. A roll pin is hardend sprung steel pin designed to go into steel and sometimes alloys and deffo not plastics. Or not normal types anyway.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009 08:06 
THE FLYING DUCHMAN wrote:
Oh dear. A roll pin is hardend sprung steel pin designed to go into steel and sometimes alloys and deffo not plastics. Or not normal types anyway

Yes Yes...but we're outside of the box, pushing the envelope in design...just like Erik does :lol:

it is an :app: bodge, i mean engineering repair..which is hidden in the casing..you cant see it......it means we can eat everyday instead of cutting back on food to pay for a part...plus the money tree...it's autumn and all the leaves have fell orf :cry:

Guitar...i got the price down to £60 from Jersey HD....dont be fooled by the kit at £102.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009 08:48 

Cool, I see where you are coming from.

These roll pins are spring loaded - is that required?
Otherwise I could rake through my junk box and try and find a suitable plastic pin.

If this works, maybe we can be in the 'how to' section! What lofty heights..... ;)

If it doesn't... well I considered this motor to be fucked anyway

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009 09:16 
yourguitarhero wrote:
Cool, I see where you are coming from.

These roll pins are spring loaded - is that required?
Otherwise I could rake through my junk box and try and find a suitable plastic pin.

If this works, maybe we can be in the 'how to' section! What lofty heights..... ;)

If it doesn't... well I considered this motor to be fucked anyway

roll pin sprung loaded pushed into a small hole with stupid glue inside has less chance of coming out....IMO

it think we should apply for the patent :lol:

and if it dont work and it's still fubar..hey we've tried

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2009 10:00 

I'll give it a try this afternoon.

Interestingly, on the American sites I read there is a new version of this motor that has metal gears inside. Also riveted shut...