It is currently 27 Sep 2024 18:18

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: review
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009 11:35 

had to laugh at this review i had allways ridden british bikes before i bought my xb so vibration wise it is a turbine.the bit in the review i like most is...the vibration and harshness of the engine nearlly shook me off :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ............I stopped into a Buell dealership today to see just what the hype is about. I managed to get a test ride on a slightly used '04 demo and just wanted to share my comments. First off, as soon as I sat on the bike, I felt that the seating position was just right. I then started the bike up, and immediately felt the exhaust on my ankle... I do a lot of city riding and I don't think I would care for that too much. After starting the bike and going about 20 feet, I realized that although the Buell has decent take off, the vibration and harshness of the engine nearly shook me off. That would be my biggest arguement against this bike. It feels like you are sitting on top of a washing machine in final spin cycle, only with an unbalanced load... only not as quiet. All the while with what feels like the drying machine exhaust blowing on your ankle. If you like the looks and the feel of it, great. If not, that is okay. I personally wouldn't buy one of these as I don't see myself cruising around for hours on end on one. I know this isn't a true contender for going up against the Japanese sportbikes and it is true that this bike handles extremely well. I am not going to race anyone, so I really don't see myself or anyone who wants a practical "get around town" or "get away from it all" bike getting this particular model. My recomendation: Ride one, but shop around.

Post subject: Re: review
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009 18:40 
What a wooser

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009 18:47 

They never have been for everyone. Daft to expect that they ever were really, IMO.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009 21:17 
Milf Hunter

Current ride: '98 S1
.........And therein lies the appeal to the rest of us......... ;)

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009 21:19 
Nanny Brown

I love my Buell, vibes and all......, in fact, especially the vibes...;) :hehe:

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009 21:21 

Current ride: X1 2001
03 wrote:
They never have been for everyone. Daft to expect that they ever were really, IMO.

exactly that :yup:

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009 22:17 

I'm still trying to figure out how the exhaust was blowing on his ankle, especially 20 feet after he moved away

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009 22:59 

maybe he fell off :ner:

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2009 13:53 

mojomick wrote:
.........And therein lies the appeal to the rest of us......... ;)
Correct and one of the (fair number of) reasons that the factory was ultimately doomed when they decided to try to appeal to a wider audience with a niche product that alienated a large chunk of their established market whilst at the same time failing to appeal to much in the way of a wider market. A remarkable strategy now looking back at it and one for the business text books I feel.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2009 16:39 

:old: The exhaust was still blowing on his ankle because he still had his friggin feet down !!! :D :D :rofl:

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2009 19:13 
panther wrote:
After starting the bike and going about 20 feet, I realized that although the Buell has decent take off, the vibration and harshness of the engine nearly shook me off. That would be my biggest arguement against this bike. It feels like you are sitting on top of a washing machine in final spin cycle, only with an unbalanced load... only not as quiet.

Thats exactly why I bought mine - you feel the power beneath you, I love the vibes my Buell offers and especially the sound of the engine!

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2009 20:58 
The engine of the demo bike, Uly, I tried was rubbish (it made my vision blur) but I also tried a 12S and that was 100% better. On asking one of the techs why he said "Well the Uly is 3 months older". Both bikes were less than 6 months old. I walked away with my £6000 and very much glad I did. A lot of this sort of thing has put people off a Buell and I can understand why.

You have to "get into" a Buell to get the best from it. The sort of thing bikers used to do but that is not for everyone these days. Not many want to make an effort these anymore, for many reasons, which is a shame because I think it is all part of the fun.

The XB engine is never going to be as smooth as a Jap four but mine is great now even from cold. I have done 11k on my Uly with 90% of that in traffic so that statement is rubbish.

These bikes, IMO, will become more sought after in the years to come as people get to know them. Also I dought you will find anyone doing what Erik has done with a bike, for the money, anytime soon. The money numbers just do not pan out.