It is currently 01 Oct 2024 12:40

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Salt Corrsion Question?
PostPosted: 16 May 2010 18:07 
What's the best way of removing what appears to be salt corrosion on my cylinder head heat fins. I have tried to clean them but have not found a definitive solution yet.

PostPosted: 16 May 2010 18:44 
Site Admin

Following on from other threads running at the moment, I'm seriously loosing the will to live re. this place :headbang:
When UKBEG 1st kicked off in virtual form, it was populated by a band of serious bike enthusiasts that'd discovered a unique motorcycle after a lifetime of motorcycling on just about every other marque ever built.
The forums used to be alive with tales of adventures and exploits into far lands etc. from peeps that had been educated properly and could actually type without using text style laziness.
The tech section was full of serious in depth questions re. all manner of engine, gearbox, chassis, etc. design, rebuild, modification, etc. discussion.

All us 'old timers' recognised that the introduction of the XB series was gonna result in the infiltration of all manner of cabbages to our ranks but we had to accept that as a natural progression of the brand :?

Never, in my wildest imagination, did I ever think that this place would ever get to plummet to the depths it now finds itself scraping :( :( :(

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 16 May 2010 18:50 

greasemonkey wrote:
,,let it out Chief,,,let it out,,,

:rofl:

PostPosted: 16 May 2010 19:14 

Current ride: X1 2001
:maz: breath slow an deep

ph4824, the solution would have been to wash it after EVERY winter ride , so the salt couldn't get a foot hold TBH.
ACF 50 might get rid of it ,anything tough enough to remove it wire brush etc. , is gonna stand a good chance of taking off the paint. :sad1:

PostPosted: 16 May 2010 19:17 

Current ride: CZ 350!
Strip it and sell it for spares!
:uhoh:

That would be the kindest thing :eat:

Last edited by DrBuella on 16 May 2010 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 16 May 2010 19:18 
Maz wrote:
Following on from other threads running at the moment, I'm seriously loosing the will to live re. this place :headbang:
When UKBEG 1st kicked off in virtual form, it was populated by a band of serious bike enthusiasts that'd discovered a unique motorcycle after a lifetime of motorcycling on just about every other marque ever built.
The forums used to be alive with tales of adventures and exploits into far lands etc. from peeps that had been educated properly and could actually type without using text style laziness.
The tech section was full of serious in depth questions re. all manner of engine, gearbox, chassis, etc. design, rebuild, modification, etc. discussion.

All us 'old timers' recognised that the introduction of the XB series was gonna result in the infiltration of all manner of cabbages to our ranks but we had to accept that as a natural progression of the brand :?

Never, in my wildest imagination, did I ever think that this place would ever get to plummet to the depths it now finds itself scraping :( :( :(

Fence sitter

PostPosted: 16 May 2010 20:06 
Maz wrote:

Nothing like rubbing "SALT" into the wound is there :maz:. Sorry I could not help myself.
Many "ap-a-lo-gees", Sir.

But I do take your point. Some of the stuff is getting close to moron level. The next thing will be someone mixing up Litres and Gallons. You may laugh but I once knew a Guy that did and he still thought it was ok with oil running out of the rocker box :headbang:. As it goes I recall another as well.

I dont know what it is or whats going on today but I do hark back to the days of proper engineering. I am sick and tired of the "no nothing numptys" I have to deal with in my work as an engineer.

So what. Stick water in your primay as a lub and rev your new engine to 10k revs till it blows up. I dont give a fuck.

PostPosted: 16 May 2010 20:09 

Current ride: 2000 M2
MR MAZ .................
I FEEL YOUR PAIN AND IF I MAY AGREE WITH YOU, AND NOT JUST ON THE SITE ITS EVERYWHERE .......AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
(ps, the above is not aimed at ph its a general rant)

PostPosted: 16 May 2010 20:11 
tubbs wrote:
MR MAZ .................
I FEEL YOUR PAIN AND IF I MAY AGREE WITH YOU, AND NOT JUST ON THE SITE ITS EVERYWHERE .......AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
(ps, the above is not aimed at ph its a general rant)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO SO TRUE tbs

PostPosted: 16 May 2010 20:11 

THE FLYING DUCHMAN wrote:
Maz wrote:

Nothing like rubbing "SALT" into the wound is there :maz:. Sorry I could not help myself.
Many "ap-a-lo-gees", Sir.

But I do take your point. Some of the stuff is getting close to moron level. The next thing will be someone mixing up Litres and Gallons. You may laugh but I once knew a Guy that did and he still thought it was ok with oil running out of the rocker box :headbang:. As it goes I recall another as well.

I dont know what it is or whats going on today but I do hark back to the days of proper engineering. I am sick and tired of the "no nothing numptys" I have to deal with in my work as an engineer.

So what. Stick water in your primay as a lub and rev your new engine to 10k revs till it blows up. I dont give a fuck.

I hark back to the days of proper spelling lOl

PostPosted: 16 May 2010 20:15 
The ones of us on here that are numpties/cabbages me included come on here for advice of the older members. Where else are we ment to go?

PostPosted: 16 May 2010 20:15 
Fair enough, Adam.

PostPosted: 16 May 2010 20:18 
losttyke wrote:
The ones of us on here that are numpties/cabbages me included come on here for advice of the older members. Where else are we ment to go?

Did not get round to asking you but are you a Spark.

PostPosted: 16 May 2010 20:22 

Current ride: CZ 350!
losttyke wrote:
Where else are we ment to go?

:sp: :sp: :sp: :sp: :sp: :sp: :sp: :sp: :sp: :sp: .........................

PostPosted: 16 May 2010 20:28 
DrBuella wrote:
losttyke wrote:
Where else are we ment to go?

:sp: :sp: :sp: :sp: :sp: :sp: :sp: :sp: :sp: :sp: .........................

I'm dyslexic and no spell check on my iPhone.

TFD sparks and mechanical. Just know sweet FA about bikes.