It is currently 28 Sep 2024 05:26

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject: Re: ECM Tuning..
PostPosted: 31 May 2010 07:12 

pash wrote:
Sorry, been to the Flat Track racing in South Wales on and S1 excursion to hang out with Daywalker and Toyboy1584...

Now, these are your front and rear maps.

It is the TPS 0 you need to adjust.

TBH, this is an assumption, cos I don't have an 08 bike, however the throttle is closed fully at tick over and the idle stabilisation valve takes care of things.

What you want to do is pull the fuel out, and to do this, the doctor prescribes a value of 10 from 8000 to 2400 inclusive for both maps. Save them, burn to the ECM and go and try. You need to be looking for throttle response if you were to open the throttle on the over-run to re-accelerate as well as looking to see if the popping has gone...

Let me know how you get on...

I notice the front and rear fuel maps are different in many cells..why is that? is it because of the running temperature difference?

PostPosted: 31 May 2010 07:20 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Because of the difference in volumetric efficiency between front and rear cylinders. This is governed mainly by degrees from a common datum for exhaust valve opening and individual header lengths.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2010 08:15 

Pash..I Read somewhere you should reset the tps after each update?..Also should the bike be ridden at a certain rev range for the ecm to 'learn' its new programs?

Thanks for your help too.. :worthy:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2010 08:53 
proff. patpending

You only need to reset the TPS if you have mechanically upset the throttle butterfly / TPS sensor, or you have erased or changed the ECM's memory.

You have done neither.

To set your TPS, you open the throttle, close it, open it, close it etc. See the How To.

As for riding steady for hours on end, forget it. Go for a ride, it only takes seconds for the ECM to set the AFV once to temperature and in the closed loop learn area.

Be careful what you read ad what you believe. Loads of wives tales around.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2010 17:54 

pash wrote:
Sorry, been to the Flat Track racing in South Wales on and S1 excursion to hang out with Daywalker and Toyboy1584...

TBH, this is an assumption, cos I don't have an 08 bike, however the throttle is closed fully at tick over and the idle stabilisation valve takes care of things.

What you want to do is pull the fuel out, and to do this, the doctor prescribes a value of 10 from 8000 to 2400 inclusive for both maps. Save them, burn to the ECM and go and try. You need to be looking for throttle response if you were to open the throttle on the over-run to re-accelerate as well as looking to see if the popping has gone...

Ok fired the latest map into the ecm but something amiss..

Started bike and let it idle for a minute or so..all ok then rode off.. it misfired a couple of times and cut out..felt like fuel starvation [bike has been standing for the last month or so while I fitted new header,exhaust,filter and breather mod etc..] ..however bike restarted and after a couple of hics it ran ok..exhaust not popping but when I got back I put it on side stand and revved it a few times..it sounds as though it is 'spitting back' in the airbox when I close the throttle.. :?:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2010 18:14 
proff. patpending

Shouldn't do. Put the old EEPROM back in and try it.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2010 08:05 

pash wrote:
Shouldn't do. Put the old EEPROM back in and try it.

Had to put things with bike on hold after a I injured my back and couldn't ride..thought it could cope with laying 80 paving slabs!!
Should be back on track soon..Im keen to get bike running as sweet as yours! :worthy:

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2010 18:13 

Philgood wrote:
pash wrote:

Ok fired the latest map into the ecm but something amiss..

Started bike and let it idle for a minute or so..all ok then rode off.. it misfired a couple of times and cut out..felt like fuel starvation [bike has been standing for the last month or so while I fitted new header,exhaust,filter and breather mod etc..] ..however bike restarted and after a couple of hics it ran ok..exhaust not popping but when I got back I put it on side stand and revved it a few times..it sounds as though it is 'spitting back' in the airbox when I close the throttle.. :?:

Right...Hopefully back on track with tuning after fixing loose battery connection!
Have latest bin files loaded..running ok, there is a slight hesitation when opening throttle on the over-run though but no popping etc..

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2010 20:58 
proff. patpending

Reduce the hesitation by putting a little more fuel in (check what you started out with), and you should find the happy medium between engine braking, response and popping :D

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2010 22:19 

pash wrote:
Reduce the hesitation by putting a little more fuel in (check what you started out with), and you should find the happy medium between engine braking, response and popping :D

Ok will add some tomorrow..I noticed my original maps show 22 between 5-8000.. below that the values increase...should we 'step up' the cell values in a similar way now or just alter all cell values from 10 to say 15??

Ta.. :sun:

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2010 06:23 
proff. patpending

Up to you, factor them down from what they were originally if you like. I am on 10 all the way down to mid 2000s and I don't have an issue with throttle response. Might be worth putting the original map in and checking to see if it responds the same.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2010 04:23 

depending on usage the Dyno showed more breaking with more fuel and less breaking with less fuel.

On my street bike I run aprox 10 to 15 and the race bike I run 40 to 50. both dont have popping 99% of the time.

Mike

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2010 05:51 
proff. patpending

On the road I get more engine braking with less fuel. How does putting more fuel in give you more engine braking?

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2010 13:56 

pash wrote:
Up to you, factor them down from what they were originally if you like. I am on 10 all the way down to mid 2000s and I don't have an issue with throttle response. Might be worth putting the original map in and checking to see if it responds the same.

Ok took bike for longer ride today with original fuel maps loaded..hesitation cleared and is more responsive..occasional popping after a long decel with throttle closed but really nothing much..
Since last time I used the original fuel maps I have fitted baffles in my can as it was too noisy..maybe this has increased back pressure and contributed to less popping..

Whats best way to get that smooth tickover and low speed running ??

Cheers :sun:

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2010 22:16 

pash wrote:

Curious about the hesitation issue at a figure of 10 I altered the 5-8000 range cells to 15 and road tested... bike appeared respond the same as it was with original figure of 22..
All good then...!

Next..

:sun:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next