It is currently 22 Sep 2024 06:45

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012 09:40 
Guys,

I need to sell my prized bike to pay a few bills that wont go away. :cry:

Its a 2010 registered XB12x in black in immaculate condition with only 3400 miles on the clock. One owner, heated grips, full unused pannier system and 2 service stamps with provincewide HD Buell in Belfast. If any one was interested please PM me, i can arrange delivery to anywhere in the UK if required. The bike has both keys, stamped service manual and is stored indoors. Not sure about its exact value in the UK as i am in dublin so feel free to make a reasonable offer. I have lots of hi res photos, just ask and ill email them to you.

Cheers

Johny

Attachments:
DSC00809.jpg
DSC00809.jpg [ 68.69 KiB | Viewed 1631 times ]
DSC00810.jpg
DSC00810.jpg [ 72.3 KiB | Viewed 1631 times ]

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012 10:13 
A first post as a sale item is usually met with a bit of criticism, but in this case you will get only a welcome and commiserations from me.

That's a fine looking motorcycle, mine took me everywhere I wanted, usually luggaged-up and always two-up, and always got me home again.

Best of luck with the sale, sorry to hear about the bills, and look forward to that light at the end of the tunnel, it's always a new bike :sun: :yup:

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012 11:02 
cheers sir,

yes, she is a fine bike, i've had GS's, RT's blackbirds etc, etc and this has to be the most complete ride ive ever owned, full of character and so responsive. It'll be a sad day when she goes but reality bites !!! :|

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012 08:22 

Current ride: XB12XT
Good luck with the sale....

Eric.

'83 CX650 Custom
Green "4 Legged" SUV

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012 08:25 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Does it have a UK registration number?

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012 16:25 
No, she is Irish plates but I've spoken to a Suzuki dealer friend whom exports to the uk regularly and there are only a few formalities.

Cheers

Johny

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012 17:14 

Current ride: 99 Cyclone M2
Its not quite so straight forward as a ´few formalities. I recently reregistered an SV650 from the I.O.M and as it was less than ten years old had to apply to VOSA for a single vehicle type approval test which is at their convenience and costs about 95 quid, and thats just for them to tell you is fit for UK use i.e correct E marks on the exhaust and indicator lenses etc.........but if thats the bike you are looking for, then why not

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012 17:29 
Ok, thanks for the positive remark.

Regards

Johny

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012 17:35 

Neither positive nor negative......only true :eat:

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012 22:33 
you have a suzuki, right ? Maybe it was a grey import therefore it needed type approval. I have just researched your UK licensing system and it appears that only a grey import would be subject to the inspection that you were required to pay for. My Buell is full euro spec and would have been originally supplied into Ireland by Buell UK as did all Buells through the HD network. Not trying to prove anything just that any negative or unfounded remarks only makes it more difficult for a sale to happen.

Regards

Johny

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012 06:37 

my sv is also full euro spec supplied to Chathams Suzuki in IOM by their uk distributor, all bikes less than 10years old that are being imported (although IOM is part of the UK they have their own vehicle taxation agency) into the Uk must be tested. What made it worse for me is had I waited six months It would have been old enough not to bother. As I said earlier my post was not negative only my own experience with the DVLA in UK......end of

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012 10:03 
Point taken

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012 15:04 
Not trying to fan the flames, but is the Isle of Man part of the EU ?

If not then that could be where the problem lies ...

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012 15:26 

:roll:

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012 16:50 
gusm2 wrote:
my sv is also full euro spec supplied to Chathams Suzuki in IOM by their uk distributor, all bikes less than 10years old that are being imported (although IOM is part of the UK they have their own vehicle taxation agency) into the Uk must be tested. What made it worse for me is had I waited six months It would have been old enough not to bother. As I said earlier my post was not negative only my own experience with the DVLA in UK......end of

Strictly speaking, the IOM isn't part of the UK. It's a crown dependency like the Channel Islands and Gibraltar. It's one of those historical leftovers; British and subject to the Crown but not part of the UK. It therefore can do it's own thing. Having it's own version of DVLA and licence plates would part of it's own govt. rules. Bringing a vehicle to the UK would be much the same as re-licensing an vehicle from another part of the EU. As long as you have the paperwork and possibly a UK MOT, it's fairly simple.

This Irish Buell looks lovely. I may have to start counting the pennies in the china piggy bank.