It is currently 29 Sep 2024 00:28

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012 22:35 
Think Pink

Current ride: Awesome Ulysses & X1
OK ,so trundaling along at 80 ont way home from the manx yesterday when me oil light comes on about 15 miles from nottingham :shock: ,clocked it stright away n killed the motor :D HMMMMMM HMMMMMMM ,start grumbly quite noisy lifters kill engine again ,home ont yellow taxi :rotfl: :rotfl: ,need to buy one o these fuckers at this rate ,pics say it all ,oil pump drive gear fooked,oil pump ok ,cam bushes ok ,mains ont offside fooked ,play in roller bearing felt when lifting shaft up n down ,dont need to put a clock on it ,THERE FOOKED ,milage 29000 ,not botherd about the crank got a spare ,REASONS YOU SHOULD change your oil pump gear ,1 recon my mains have worn because of all the oil bound ultra fine bebris in the oil can get into the mains via the gap in the circlip you can see in the pic at 11 oclock,big ends my survive due to the oil being filterd before the oil gets there ,2 if you DONT spot you oil light on like i did BLOODY expensive rebuild ,so if your gonna keep you XB ,GET a gear of pash and stand the cost of fitting and hopefully one thing less to worry about :yup:

Attachments:
Picture 007.jpg
Picture 007.jpg [ 253.58 KiB | Viewed 1413 times ]

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012 22:50 
Site Admin

So, yet another one bites the dust......should've spent more time on basic maintainance than grinding brake discs etc. :)

If you're gonna renew that pinion needle race/RH main.....please post pix as I cant wait to see how you go about it.....new inner race has to be ground on the crank, new outer race has to be lapped in situ......both to within 0.0002'' for roundness and taper and a mega surface finish (16RMS from memory)......good luck :yup:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012 23:29 
Think Pink

mate the only thing i didnt do and should have is pulled the oil pump n looked up its ares to see if drive gear was failing ,GUILTY as charged there :D ,as for basic maintainance ,tut tut maz ,grumbly gets tugged n pulled in all the right areas before a long run ,OOA except when i left the front calipher skt/caps loose first time to ems do ,again guilty as charged there ,WHOOOOOOO maz grumbly hasent bit the dust :shock: good lord nooooooooooooo. me n von have been looking playing in the engine for sum time now ,seems the ideal time dont you think ;) we got ideas :yup: buy the way whots 16 rms mean cause ive got no fucking idea :twisted: will have to talk with von on that one :yup: maz recon you need to spend time with von :D ,genarally speaking von dont work to thousands of an inch ,microns is the derigure in his workshop ,in fact all von DTI,s are in a finer calibration :yup: ,thanks for the good luck maz ,but recon we will have it well coverd , :D :D

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012 00:01 
Site Admin

0.0002 is microns :roll: .......and DTI's dont get calibrated as such :)

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012 00:06 
Think Pink

Maz wrote:
.0002 is microns :roll: .......and DTI's dont get calibrated as such :)

just teasing mate ,if we need help youll get a call :D :yup:

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012 00:14 
Site Admin

No worries......I have all the measuring equipement and tools required to meet the tolerances but you will need to split the crank to have the new inner race precision ground to size :idea:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012 12:16 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Last orders for Lucky Hands oil pump drive gears, payment by Friday...

viewtopic.php?p=206373#p206373

Order should be with me at the end of next week ready for posting out.

I doubt I will be doing another order after this one, the original intent was to get a discount on a gear for myself (which I allowed someone else to have - i.e. I am still waiting for mine), but the interest grew. If think I am keeping stock, you are mistaken, so if you are thinking of one for the future, buy now to avoid disappointment...

Note the state of Willy's engine, I would say he was lucky. If you want an insurance policy against this I suggest you get a gear. If you are daunted by having to fit it yourself, find simeone to do it for you (and that someone is not me), PM Maz or Tubbs or find a competent independant to help.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012 13:02 
Think Pink

:yt:

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012 13:11 

...........and as extra insurance, I would like to add, DO NOT cane your motor until it is properly warm ie at least 5 miles ;)

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012 13:36 
Think Pink

root mean squared ,right bearing bill so far 78 squid just for the cases ,i allready know brian whont be happy to pay that ,already looking at alternatives he is :D

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012 17:42 
Site Admin

78 quid for what ??......unless prices have gone up considerably (probably :x ) since I last stocked up......

Pinion brg. outer race - 10.20
Pinion brg. inner race - 14.43
Pinion brg. needle race - 9.34

Total = £33.97 incl. vat

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012 19:12 

WILLYBUELL wrote:
[color=#0000FF]OK ,so trundaling along at 80 ont way home.......

There's your problem

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012 22:48 
Think Pink

Maz wrote:
78 quid for what ??......unless prices have gone up considerably (probably :x ) since I last stocked up......

Pinion brg. outer race - 10.20
Pinion brg. inner race - 14.43
Pinion brg. needle race - 9.34

Total = £33.97 incl. vat

bob on with those prices ,but being it is my opinion that the off side bearing has failed early due to oil bound debris from the degrading oil drive pinion shortening its service life ,i feel the nearside crankcase bearing needs replacing as well ,as a refurb on the big end needs doing at the same time too , just to be sure while the engine in bits ,i find it odd you have not advised to do this while the engine down ,but recomend wheel bearing be changed with every tire change regardless ,ooa nearside bearing 36,52

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012 22:54 
Think Pink

greasemonkey wrote:
,,who the fuck is "Brian Whont" Willy ?

shite spelling ian just how it youth :rotfl: :rotfl: :yup:

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012 22:55 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
You could do a Timken conversion on the primary side and control your end float.