It is currently 19 Apr 2024 21:20

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2022 18:27 

Current ride: 1125CR - VTR1000F
Hello all,
I've just bought this Uly because I thought it was cheap, having a full MOT. You may see in another post it needs the front isolator and it's running richer than bill gates! I jacked the engine up & wodged some rubber in the gap so I can start her up without it shaking to bits. I've done a TPS reset & it seems to stop banging in the exhaust for a little while, sometimes on a low steady throttle it surges, is that the intake seals?
Anyway just running up & down the drive I'm not sure it's my bag. I'm 5" 9 & I can reach the floor so it isn't as big as I thought.
Things I know and have been told by the seller.
It's an import from Japan 2020
Needs isolator.
Needs fan looking at - past error code said something about the earth, it goes to start & then says no.
It's got a race use ECU & some GP looking can, I've just put a KN air filter on cos the old one was standard & mucky. I'll crack it up tomorrow with that on cos I think my neighbours have prob had enough of me today. I can't see it making any odds.
It's f ing loud - Even too loud for me.
Needs left side air scoop & screws to fit.
Miles are in Kms ;) The clocks say 75k Japanese kilometres which is about 48k miles but she's very tidy for those miles. Hardly done any miles in the UK going on the 2 MOTs
Any questions just ask.
The engine sounds sweet, no knocking or rattling pushrods :)
Very tidy for the year.
Looking for £2700 ono as she stands. May be able to help with delivery in Yorkshire.
More pics if you want, ask & I''ll take them. V5c should be here in a week or so as we changed owner online today 3rd June.